• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It does, yes, unless you specifically choose not to.

"Quick Match" will find you a game on any map, and three other people to play with (you can also bring your party members of course).

"Custom Match" (which unlocks after you've played three times) lets you choose a specific map, and by default will find three more people to play with, unless you specifically set it to private.

That's cool. After Destiny, I can't take co-op matchmaking for granted anymore. lol

Back from my 3 month ban! Anyway, some thoughts on the latest patch:

Ranked Mode:
I don't really get it. It doesn't seem like there's any real way to drop rank, so it's pretty much just an XP counter like the generations are, minus the challenge requirements. I mean the new sound effects, voiceovers, and green text are cool I guess. But overall I just don't get it. Maybe once you guys do 'final tweaking' it might make more sense. But it seems likely that it's just something I'll leave on, ignore, and after a couple of days in each season I'll be maxed out on level.

New Black Market stuff:
The pile of new Titan voices is great. I've been using the Japanese one, granted the only thing I can understand is when she occasionally says "Damage Core". But what can I say, it just fits. I'm a little wary of the skip challenges thing. I'm slowly but surely making my way through all the challenges. The "kill wallhanging" pilots one of course being the very worst of the bunch. Since they track if you use the skip challenge for regen challenges, I don't love the idea of me being branded a 'cheater' in the Titanfall database somewhere. Still, there are some garbage challenges, like spend X time wallhanging. Or keep using the Kraber for 2 more hours even though you've finished all the other challenges for it. I'll have to think about this one some more. Yes, I realize this is completely my own internal struggle here :)

Playlist player count:
I love that this feature is actually here! But kind of unfortunate to see that Titanfall lags behind Ghosts and BF4 on XBO. It's not too surprising just judging by how matchmaking feels at certain hours, and how you always run into the same players in the lesser populated playlists. But Titanfall is just a much better multiplayer game than Ghosts. BF4 is different enough to where I can see having a preference for it, even if I don't share it. I was under the impression that Titanfall had sold as well or better than both those games on XBO, so for whatever reason it seems like players just didn't stick around. I'm hoping it's just the oft-heard complaint of "not enough content, really fun while I played it" rather than people going back to COD because they don't want to learn new skills, pilot mobility and Titan combat most specifically. I hate that things which make for a better game can also be responsible for it being less popular.

Frontier Defense:
This is fun! I'll definitely go through and 3 star all the maps. I think overall it is a bit too easy. Even Rise. Ok, I did fail Rise once, but that was literally with two players that were Gen 1 and under level 20. And I think the other guy was Gen 3 or so and... not fantastic at the game. When I played with two decent-at-the-game buddies it was very easy to 3 star on the first attempt. We sat around during wave 1, because obviously it's put there for you to abuse for build time before triggering the real wave. Wave 2 one of our guys maybe halfway through lost his Titan which left me mostly covering two lanes, and then when he got his next Titan he dropped it in and it got nuked just before he hopped in, so he was pretty useless. Triple Threat, Electric Smoke, Cluster Missile, and Big Punch makes for a powerful loadout so long as you can handle keeping yourself alive without any defensive capabilities. Especially for Mortar Titans, smoke one, cluster another, take a couple shots at each, and then move on while their health drains to nothing.

Map Stars:
Ok, this is kind of bullshit. It might not be so bad if you guys had logged every match from before this patch in a way where you could process them and retroactively award stars but as it is... yuck. Every game mode, and every map? Heck, just PLAYING every map in every mode took me until the end of August for the "I've seen it all" achievement. And I mostly play Variety Pack. In comparison I hit Gen 10 in early July... Now that MFD is an official game mode, and I have 9 more maps, it's not even very plausible to play all maps/modes again even if this continues to be my main game for the next 6 months.

And that's before we even consider the requirements for 3 stars...

Pilot Hunter - 5/10/20 Kills - Ok. Not terrible. Can probably get that playing solo if you're good. If you're partied up, it's kind of pushing it though. I think 5/10/15 would be more reasonable.

Hardpoint - 500/1500/2500 Assault Points - Kinda bullshit. You can't get this if your team can hold a triple cap for most of the game. It would be a little better if it Defense Points counted as well. I think 500/1250/2000 would be a bit better for this, but it's probably not the biggest problem for map stars.

Attrition - 25/75/150 Attrition Points - Sorry, total bullshit. This should be 30/60/90. To get 150 points, you either need to have been dumped into like a 3v3 game, or your team just has to be dreadful. 100 in a game that isn't pure idiocy is still pushing it. I've gotten 250 points in a game before. Trust me, this is not me, this is you. Patch please.

Capture the Flag - 1/2/3 Flag Caps - I guess this is OK. Not too bad to do when playing solo. And if you're playing with a party, a lot of times one person ends up as a designated flag runner anyway. And in a ROFLstomp it would be easy to split the caps to 2 players so they can both get it in the same game. Yep, I'm ok with this one.

Last Titan Standing - 2/5/8 Titan Kills - This is fine, though once again, it's the kind of thing that's not that easy to do when your team is doing well. A match that goes 7 rounds will yield this for me pretty much every time, whereas a quick 4-0, I'll fall short a lot.

Marked for Death - 1/4/7 Mark Kills - Nope. Nope nope nope. No. Nuh-uh. WTF. Nah. GTFO. 1/3/5 please. Even that seems excessively harsh. But 7? Nope.

Glitches:
These are on XBO btw. Haven't been playing much on the PC. Seems like there are some problems with the patch. Gotten "Server Disconnected" at the end of games a few times. I think once more in the middle of the game. Game results disappear, burn cards are returned to my deck, like the match never happened, so I guess it's the server crashing here. This happened occasionally before this patch. But it happens a lot more now.

I've crashed to dashboard 4 times since the patch hit. This happens early in the map loading process after the lobby counter expires. Last time it happened to another person in my party at the same time, yet the third person loaded into the game successfully.

Clip - Can't remember if this was when I reconnected after failing to load or if we just joined in progress. But yeah, graphics freaked out on me a bit...

Clip - Managed to call in my Titan in an awkward spot. Probably cost us a star or two... just saying.

Also, I've been unable to join on my friends from the Party or Friends apps. The option is always grayed out even if there is room in their game/lobby. Kinda frustrating.

I guess I should note that I'm on the November dashboard preview right now in case that makes any difference with some of the stability issues.

Final Thoughts:
Since it seems like this is probably the last major content patch, even though we do have some cool sounding game modes scheduled to launch in the near future. Speaking of which... Frontier Defense is listed as the temporary game mode. Surely this is a permanent addition. Just seems weird, but I digress. Anyway, if this is the end, then overall I'm very impressed with the effort the guys at Respawn have put in for post-launch support. It is a night and day difference between where the game was at launch and where it is now. Thanks! Can't wait to see what's in store for Titanfall 2!

Am I crazy to want a Pilot only mode in Frontier Defense? Not that Titans are not cool, just the idea of playing with pure pilot movement skill to mop up hordes of enemies, enemy setup needs to be different of course, maybe an option in custom matches? It's also a perfect place for new players to practice pilot movement and weapons imo, in current FD games the majority of your time will be spent in Titans but its current enemy setup makes pure pilot combat useless in later waves.

Camp Lo

Banned
Am I crazy to want a Pilot only mode in Frontier Defense? Not that Titans are not cool, just the idea of playing with pure pilot movement skill to mop up hordes of enemies, enemy setup needs to be different of course, maybe an option in custom matches? It's also a perfect place for new players to practice pilot movement and weapons imo, in current FD games the majority of your time will be spent in Titans but its current enemy setup makes pure pilot combat useless in later waves.

I'd prefer that actually except there's no way in hell to take down 7+ mortar titans with pilots without losing the harvester. Since you said enemy setup would be adjusted, sure... although I don't like splitting the FD community.

Izuna

Banned
Got 146 in Relic... Damn.

I wish it was retroactive for the credits earned. It is BS I have to wait so much for the achievement.

Izuna

Banned
II Fucking 100% of the time, when there is an odd number of people, I am always in the group with less players, then the other team gets the new player... What?

140 again... Snore

Edit: Matchmaking isn't better it seems. Same opponents for 4 matches, I manage to win by carrying a team with 140+, until we lost another member and the other team starts with 2 titans. Another member leaves, so I jet. Then, it puts me in the same team in the same game. 2600 people must be playing in 6 person parties. Solo play is impossible in horde, and matchmaking ruins solo play in Attrition. :(

If I play with one other person, the kind of matches become rare. Lone wolf is needed I guess.

Switch data servers, same thing. Join a game losing my 60, make it to MVP, 280-280 is close (whole match was 3 vs 4) then other team has 2 player join that have Titans right off the bat.

It may be because I am Diamond Tier III...

AGAIN -- what is the point in playing at all? Just because I am higher rank, I score 130 but I lose fir the 4th time in a row, because I either have the worst player, or I am always in a team of fewer players. Put me in a Random game like release!

Next game, 3v3, I have the same guy on my team who gets 19 deaths and 38 Attrition points. I score 160 but we lose by 23 points (that is with 21 Pilot Kills). 5 game losing streak.

Izuna

Banned
NYpW7y8.jpg

Finally able to win.

:( Ranked team shuffling is BS, I won the next game, but I had to go another 130+, 2 deaths and nearly lost. It is not fair.

Camp Lo

Banned
Per reddit: possible new modes coming.

Code:
While poking around in the new (Update 8) sound files, I found these...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rbicb3w78lnfo4d/AADub_Ql0Azykjxh13UQ-DNaa?dl=0
With some new modes announced and coming in the next few weeks, it looks like Respawn may have even more up their sleeves:
[U]codename	possible mode			possible key feature?[/U]
capturetitan	Capture the Titan		each team tries to bring home a neutral (randomly dropped?) Titan to their base for capture, like Capture the Flag
ctt		Titan Hardpoint			each team gets a Titan (maybe AI only), can be destroyed or repaired along the way, points scored only when Titan arrives at the hardpoint/base
tidm		Titan Attrition			players start in a Titan like Last Titan Standing, (respawns allowed?) but no pilot eject/disembark, Attrition points model
tmfdp		Titan Marked for Death Pro	Marked for Death combined with Last Titan Standing, but Titans are marked, not pilots - round-based, with no respawns (pro)

the more titan focused modes, the better

tauke

Also worth mentioning here is the random CTD after some matches on PC.

Guess I'm the only one who suffer here but it's annoying as there is no error message. Happens after a match end and it tries to connect to the lobby.

Izuna

Banned
One more battle chip to Diamond 💎 Tier V. If this resets, I won't do it again. Last chips require like 140 with 2 deaths or 120 with 0 deaths to rank up.

EDIT: Sometimes the 40mm does no damage to Titans. I would get them to 50% HP, then shoot 4 bullets close range and they won't lose anything. This is an old bug, very annoying.

EDIT2: Got final chip with 99 and 3 deaths. Nvm

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
One more battle chip to Diamond 💎 Tier V. If this resets, I won't do it again. Last chips require like 140 with 2 deaths or 120 with 0 deaths to rank up.

EDIT: Sometimes the 40mm does no damage to Titans. I would get them to 50% HP, then shoot 4 bullets close range and they won't lose anything. This is an old bug, very annoying.

Yikes! That is a lot of work to hit max on ranks. I stopped at plat 1 just cause I didn't see any real reason to go for it other than a sense of pride.

On a side note. I'm only missing 3 achievements and I'll be able to join the 2k achievement club. I need about 170,000 credits, 39 more dailies and I need to buy about 60 items from the black market. I figure I'll just play like 5-6 matches daily and be done some time in 2-3 weeks. After that the wait begins for the floor is lava mode. I'm excited for that even if its gonna be a silly gimmick for some.

Izuna

Banned
Yikes! That is a lot of work to hit max on ranks. I stopped at plat 1 just cause I didn't see any real reason to go for it other than a sense of pride.

On a side note. I'm only missing 3 achievements and I'll be able to join the 2k achievement club. I need about 170,000 credits, 39 more dailies and I need to buy about 60 items from the black market. I figure I'll just play like 5-6 matches daily and be done some time in 2-3 weeks. After that the wait begins for the floor is lava mode. I'm excited for that even if its gonna be a silly gimmick for some.

I didn't do many dailies before this patch, so I need 72 :-(.

I will be stuck at 1900/2000 until a week after the release of Halo lol

Ranked chip was fun, but I don't like the sound of it resetting each month...

Argonomic

NYpW7y8.jpg

Finally able to win.

:( Ranked team shuffling is BS, I won the next game, but I had to go another 130+, 2 deaths and nearly lost. It is not fair.

The matchmaking sorts the teams to create the closest possible game, based on past history of the players in the game. As players come and go, you should see players move around a bit as the totals get rebalanced.

Argonomic

Back from my 3 month ban! Anyway, some thoughts on the latest patch:

Ranked Mode:
I don't really get it. It doesn't seem like there's any real way to drop rank, so it's pretty much just an XP counter like the generations are, minus the challenge requirements. I mean the new sound effects, voiceovers, and green text are cool I guess. But overall I just don't get it. Maybe once you guys do 'final tweaking' it might make more sense. But it seems likely that it's just something I'll leave on, ignore, and after a couple of days in each season I'll be maxed out on level.

Let me know what you think when it starts getting harder to rank up, and what rank you reach.

Izuna

Banned
The matchmaking sorts the teams to create the closest possible game, based on past history of the players in the game. As players come and go, you should see players move around a bit as the totals get rebalanced.

In one way, it is really making games more balanced in that I'm not always winning, but eventually it shuffles it so that my teammates are all low level and the die so much they quit. It isn't fair on them and it's quite annoying. I was the only high level Diamond I saw. Maybe the rest are playing in groups, but that may have something to do with it.

When my teammates lose, because well, 75% of the score comes from the top 2 players, they must rage quit.

I think LTS should count your Titan dying as a way to lose chips. I used it for a couple at the end and it is really easy to deal enough damage. Killing 9 Titans seems to do it, or simply throwing a set a satchels. Plus, you are actually rewarded for losing a round if you need more XP.

Discobird

I don't think that's a bug, just the 40mm having really bad hip accuracy. I ADS every time while shooting the 40mm, even at close range, and my shots don't disappear. I'm on PC though so YMMV.

Izuna

Banned
I don't think that's a bug, just the 40mm having really bad hip accuracy. I ADS every time while shooting the 40mm, even at close range, and my shots don't disappear. I'm on PC though so YMMV.

I have played since launch, this didn't use to happen as much. The shots connect but no damage. It is quite annoying and I only notice it with 40mm.

Let me know what you think when it starts getting harder to rank up, and what rank you reach.
OK, the concept is starting to make a little more sense to me now. It took me FOREVER to see that there is a little gauge in the bottom left. And I guess at earlier levels you get to loop through multiple battlemarks? And now that I'm on Diamond there is only one battlemark that I either get or I don't?

It's a more interesting idea than I initially thought.

Xt1clXD.png

So on that screen, my previously damaged battlemark got killed. I forget the exact score I had here... but 134 attrition points with 3 deaths. And it was only... 7/8 full. So first problem here.. I don't actually know what number I'm shooting for. I guess from this I can extrapolate around 150? It seems like deaths are way undervalued for battlemarks in Attrition but I'm not completely sure. Does it actually say how many points I need to score somewhere and I'm just missing it?

The previous game I remember pretty clearly, that's the one that damaged my battlemark. It was 15 pilot kills, 6 titan kills, and then whatever change in minions it takes to make that 118 with zero deaths, and it wasn't even close to filling the bar. Izuna said he ranked up a Diamond with 99 attrition points. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

It seems like optimal way to rank up would be to only bother with turning it on when the lobby is clearly in your favor, and/or only do it for certain game modes. I have a feeling I was having better luck in CTF and Last Titan Standing than I was in Attrition, but it's hard to say, because the objectives aren't that clear. Does each tier have different levels you have to hit? Or is it only different between the major divisions?

Anyway, onto a couple of more bugs:

Clip - OK, it's hard to see what's going on here at first, but this is what happened, I played a scumbag special at the start of the round. That is, called in a Spare Stryder, suicided, and then played a Map Hack and hopped into my Titan. I'm assuming this happens for non-scumbag special Map Hack cards but you just never know in QA amirite?

Anyway, before this clip was taken I had become the mark, and survived... and then my Map Hack went away. Notice it still says Map Hack in the bottom right corner of the map. Notice that when I go into my burn cards to check on what's going on it, it lists my Map Hack in the active slot, yet no dots on my map. Then I get marked, that version of the Map Hack comes back, and once again once I'm no longer marked it disappears.

tl;dr - Temporary Map Hack from MFD negates real Map Hack cards.

Also, to go along with Izuna's complaints about 40mm wonkiness, this has occasionally happened since launch, and is very annoying:

Clip - Shell hits Goose, explodes, no hit marker, no damage.

Note, it probably happens more than I think, because when you're shooting a guy on the ground, it's a lot harder to tell for sure if you actually hit him, maybe it hit the wall behind the guy. With the sky as the backdrop there's no denying it. Sometimes the 40mm connects and does no damage.

tauke

Damn to get 3 stars for FD means not a single scratch for the Harvester. Still hate those Mortar and Arc Titans lol.

inthrall

Noticed a couple of times that I've thrown a grenade (seen it flying forward) then after death the grenade disappears. I imagine that happens with 50 latency, but still a pain

tauke

Noticed a couple of times that I've thrown a grenade (seen it flying forward) then after death the grenade disappears. I imagine that happens with 50 latency, but still a pain

50 ping? I must be lucky to even play with 150 ping at best. Although I admit CTF is horrible with ping beyond 200 as you get mince meat before you even get to cover.

Montresor

How do you get this achievement? For We Are Today: Complete all Daily Challenges for the current day. I completed all the challenges that appeared on my Daily Challenges list and no achievement.

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
How do you get this achievement?

For We Are Today: Complete all Daily Challenges for the current day.

I completed all the challenges that appeared on my Daily Challenges list and no achievement.

Same thing happened to me, but I had some leftover daily challenges from previous days that I logged in but didn't bother to do. I don't know if that's the same for you but what worked for me was to just finish all of my dailies for the day and try again the next day. That unlocked the achievement once I cleared the 3 new challenges I got the next day.

Montresor

Same thing happened to me, but I had some leftover daily challenges from previous days that I logged in but didn't bother to do. I don't know if that's the same for you but what worked for me was to just finish all of my dailies for the day and try again the next day. That unlocked the achievement once I cleared the 3 new challenges I got the next day.

Hmm I think the issue is all my challengs es were very old (betwen 25 to 70+ days old).

I probably have to wait for 3 brand new challenges to appear tomorrow and then make sure to complete those tomorrow.

turcy

this happens to me at least once a game - are they supposed to disappear?

i began thinking they were, just because it happens SO. OFTEN.

turcy

OK, the concept is starting to make a little more sense to me now. It took me FOREVER to see that there is a little gauge in the bottom left. And I guess at earlier levels you get to loop through multiple battlemarks? And now that I'm on Diamond there is only one battlemark that I either get or I don't?

It's a more interesting idea than I initially thought.

Xt1clXD.png

So on that screen, my previously damaged battlemark got killed. I forget the exact score I had here... but 134 attrition points with 3 deaths. And it was only... 7/8 full. So first problem here.. I don't actually know what number I'm shooting for. I guess from this I can extrapolate around 150? It seems like deaths are way undervalued for battlemarks in Attrition but I'm not completely sure. Does it actually say how many points I need to score somewhere and I'm just missing it?

The previous game I remember pretty clearly, that's the one that damaged my battlemark. It was 15 pilot kills, 6 titan kills, and then whatever change in minions it takes to make that 118 with zero deaths, and it wasn't even close to filling the bar. Izuna said he ranked up a Diamond with 99 attrition points. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

It seems like optimal way to rank up would be to only bother with turning it on when the lobby is clearly in your favor, and/or only do it for certain game modes. I have a feeling I was having better luck in CTF and Last Titan Standing than I was in Attrition, but it's hard to say, because the objectives aren't that clear. Does each tier have different levels you have to hit? Or is it only different between the major divisions?

Anyway, onto a couple of more bugs:

Clip - OK, it's hard to see what's going on here at first, but this is what happened, I played a scumbag special at the start of the round. That is, called in a Spare Stryder, suicided, and then played a Map Hack and hopped into my Titan. I'm assuming this happens for non-scumbag special Map Hack cards but you just never know in QA amirite?

Anyway, before this clip was taken I had become the mark, and survived... and then my Map Hack went away. Notice it still says Map Hack in the bottom right corner of the map. Notice that when I go into my burn cards to check on what's going on it, it lists my Map Hack in the active slot, yet no dots on my map. Then I get marked, that version of the Map Hack comes back, and once again once I'm no longer marked it disappears.

tl;dr - Temporary Map Hack from MFD negates real Map Hack cards.

Also, to go along with Izuna's complaints about 40mm wonkiness, this has occasionally happened since launch, and is very annoying:

Clip - Shell hits Goose, explodes, no hit marker, no damage.

Note, it probably happens more than I think, because when you're shooting a guy on the ground, it's a lot harder to tell for sure if you actually hit him, maybe it hit the wall behind the guy. With the sky as the backdrop there's no denying it. Sometimes the 40mm connects and does no damage.

i'd really like some more info on how ranking works... for example i just got 10 dooms, 4 pilot kills, 1 death on LTS, top of the entire game [by a hefty margin] - and still lost a battlemark [platinum rank 5].

for some reason, no matter how much i win the game by, ever since platinum rank 5 i seem to only lose battlemarks.

Almost to diamond. Just a bit more.

Okay, the ranking in certain game modes is borked. I get MVP on my winning team in attrition, but still lose a mark because the rest of my team is too good that I can't get a high enough attrition score. Same if there's just not enough people on the enemy team. I shouldn't be punished for the team balance the game decides on.

That's bull.

4 caps in a CTF game, no battlemark. Battlemark damaged. It's utter bollocks that I can be MVP on the winning team and still lose battlemarks.

Come the hell on.

Izuna

Banned
4 caps in a CTF game, no battlemark. Battlemark damaged. It's utter bollocks that I can be MVP on the winning team and still lose battlemarks.

Come the hell on.

Read the requirements.

CTF has the most factors. If it was just MVP it would ruin whatever teamwork is left in pub games. The requirements are there so you actually support the game, so deaths are a penalty and kills are counted.

Hardpoint and LTS are way too easy imho.

I got 6 caps in CTF and no battlemark because I killed nothing though.

Welfare

Next time I'm on I'll look for you, pretty sure you are already on my friend's list.
Thanks.

People that quit in FD should be penalized. So annoying.

Also, for any Gen 9'ers, you can get MVPs in Frontier Defense.

Alright, after getting a Ranked invite (thanks Obscured) I finally got my first crash. That's pretty bad, even if its in Beta.

tauke

Frontier Defense is really fun if matchmaking pairs you with experienced players.

A lot of time I got paired with Gen 1 players who haven't even reach level 30 and it is disaster to try carry the team as you can't be in 10 places at one time. :|

Still just now the worldwide players on PC for FD is less than 500. At least it helps me get paired with better players I think.

Izuna

Banned
Lol, all the dailies today can be done against non-human players. This will take a couple of minutes.

Yesterday's Arc Grenade kills took 3 whole matches damnit. It prompted me to play some Hardpoint, which is quite fun these days because people aren't setting bases up with Satchels and looking at the map anymore. Dig Site is awesome on Hardpoint, Run Off for Attrition... and I think CTF is best on perhaps Nexus, I'm not sure.

These two clips illustrate something incredibly annoying about Ranked Play

Clip 1
Clip 2

Notice in both the clips the very last action of the game brings me out of my battlemark. It's not like I died or anything that is considered as 'negative' in the Game Mode Rules. It's just that somebody else got points? I go down everytime my team does something good? Yuck.

Ranked also leads to some toxic behaviors. In a Pilot Hunter match with a 5 man party, I busted out the scumbag special on a bunch of Gen 1 noobs. I felt bad about how much I was wrecking them, but the proof's in the pudding, my 21-1 (the one death being the scumbag suicide) was just enough to get my battlemark, while everyone else on my team together went about 29-2 and failed to meet their goals.

Another point of confusion, people conflate map stars and their ranking. I had to explain to everyone I play with that they're not directly related. One of the things people get mad about is getting 3 stars on a map and losing a battlemark. And you know what... they're not wrong. That does feel like a bit of an FU.

Also, everyone feels entitled to progress to the top of this thing, without willing to entertain the thought that maybe they're just not good enough to go beyond platinum. I'm actually ok with how it works for the most part. I just want more transparency. If I understand the decay system properly then you pretty much just need to hit your mark 1 out of 3 games to maintain, maybe even slightly less than that if gaining a battlemark also erases damage, I haven't been able to test that though.

What rank have you reached?

Thanks.

*cough* well um, not far.

Sorry, I made that post at the wrong time of the day.

I should add that I think the visible battle mark progress to each rank should never be shown, and should be hidden until you actually rank up and you get a notification.

tauke

Hmm I'm not so particular with ranked play as my ping is not the best for competitive match but oh boy it can show up the bad side of some players as they curse and swear if things don't go to their plan.

Also Respawn, I wish there is a simple voice chat wheel to notify other players in your team for those of us who don't use microphone. Frontier Defense can be a pain when you need to type in the team chat to tell them to take out the mortar titans fast. Something like CS or DOTA2 wheel method is great to quickly convey message to the rest of the team without lifting my fingers off the mouse to type something.

Izuna

Banned
With Ranked, I lost once when I was playing like a scrub for challenges. I am sure that Ranked will make me play to win always, which means I hate it when I join a game half way through.

IMHO, HP and LTS are way too easy to Rank up. Attrition is fine. I only failed a battlechip about 5 times all the way to Tier V diamond.

Top Bottom