• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

daedalius

Man I wish LTS was more popular on PC, definitely my favorite mode.

Is titanfall really not included in the big game sale? I was actually considering double dipping on xbone!

Tawpgun

Booted this up for the first time in months. Got the imc rising pack.

Frontier defense is interesting. Wish it was longer.

Loved marked for death pro.

Tawpgun

Game is still soooo goood.

Really is. Send FR's to Tawpgun if you still play. Loved playing with a team back in the day. The burn card abuse was real.

Is the best weapon still the Rc101? I know they were making changes when I was playing before. I mainly use the RC and that single shot gun I forget its name.

E92 M3

Really is. Send FR's to Tawpgun if you still play. Loved playing with a team back in the day. The burn card abuse was real.

Is the best weapon still the Rc101? I know they were making changes when I was playing before. I mainly use the RC and that single shot gun I forget its name.

I actually already have you on my list; we play Destiny together ;)

RC has been nerfed slightly I think. Overall, all weapons are supposed to be good.

Anyone else notice a higher ping than normal today? I'm usually between 16-20ms but today I'm hitting 45ms (also noticed main menu took longer than normal to load). The server list has North and South Central US servers ping at 65k...

On 360

Edit: I didn't take note of the server I was connecting to, East. That explains the ping since I'm in Central US. So the Central US servers are experiencing issues... Could anyone from Respawn comment? ETA for those servers to come back?

Edit 2: Yeah, screw these East coast servers. Guess Im done until they get the Central servers back up.

Edit 3: If I manually select the either Central US servers they perform normally? Still reading a 65k ping though.

I struggle more on other shooters now, but that's mostly because Titanfall is so tightly designed to reward movement and more active players. When I play COD now I struggle because I'm running around corners while my opponents are ADS-strafing around the corners and I'm instantly dead.

I'm making decent progress in my quest for 3 stars in everything. Out of the 24 total maps, per mode I have

Pilot Hunter: 19/24 -- My least played mode, I don't think I've picked the Pilot Hunter playlist once. Just got to get into weak lobbies, dropping a scumbag special (titan card + maphack + chaingun) can usually get you a quick 10 kill headstart

Hardpoint: 22/24 -- Really just need to get the right maps. One of them is DLC so it can be a struggle. Getting the 2500 points isn't so bad as long as the opponent is trading flags with you.

Attrition: 18/24 -- The ones I'm missing strangely are maps I'd consider some of the easier ones to rack up points in. Boneyard, Colony, Corporate, Nexus, Rise, Smuggler's Cove, and Training ground. Some of those have really clustered grunt drops and player spawns. It's just a question of getting into lobbies where people don't play aggressively. 150 points is just too much if even one other person on your team decides to minion hunt, even if they're not that good at it.

Capture the Flag: 24/24 -- 3 flag caps, no problem, I'll parkour all day.

Last Titan Standing: 24/24 -- 8 titan kills? Yep, the first playlist I cleared.

Marked for Death: 21/24 -- This one I'm mostly clearing when the playlist is mostly dead and you get thrown into 4v4 type lobbies populated by mostly noobs. Ridiculously hard in a 6v6 lobby.

Frontier Defense: 11/24 -- Haven't been going much for this lately, I need to find some good teammates to take care of Corporate, as that one is pretty impossible for a single player to carry scrubs due to lack of Titan authorization. The Harvester is going to take too much damage unless everyone is on the same page dealing with Titans coming in.

I don't know who came up with the idea of 150 points for 3 stars in Attrition.

R101C took a long range accuracy nerf and magazine size nerf, still a pretty good weapon but not the OP thing it was, other than the two snipers being niche all weapons are in good balance atm.

Pilot weapon balance is pretty good. Everything pretty much has a role, even if the Kraber's only role is trolling :). I was surprised at how many people would use the R-97 in that competitive CTF stream. I have to think its because of that rodeo utility. I want to love the R-97, but it just never works for me. Maybe I should give scatterfire a try, but that seems like a ripoff since they upped the fire rate for the base model but not scatterfire.

The Amped R101-C is the best gun by a mile, but if you're talking no burn card I'd rather go CAR Counterweight these days. I love hipfire, and I love being in the air, so that's the gun.

Titan weapon balance, Arc Cannon, 40mm, and Chaingun are everywhere. But every once in a while I run into a guy who's a Quad Rocket God and I am utterly dumbfounded by how quickly I get wrecked. Triple Threat works well in certain objective modes. The only useless thing is Plasma Railgun. Not that they can't be annoying on a map like Rise or Fracture in LTS, but c'mon, that thing is the Kraber of the Titan world.

The things that are really borked on balance are Titan Ordnance, and Anti-Titan weapons. Cluster Missile uber alles. It wrecks Pilots, it wrecks Titans, it wrecks drop ships and drop pods. It denies flag returns, it clears hard points. I'm going to see if I can have a cluster missile file my taxes this year. Rocket Salvo = lol, MMS = lol, Slaved Warheads = lol.

Anti-titan weapons could use an entire re-balance in the inevitable sequel. Charge rifle is too good in the hands of a skilled player headglitching from a rooftop. Archer strikes me as being too annoying as well. But at least you can dash-dodge them. Still, the timing can be inconsistent, the indicator showing where you're being targeted from can be too inaccurate. It probably needs to track the height in addition to the bearing. Mag Launcher and Sidewinder are pointless because of how the other weapons deal damage in big chunks.

I think the balance for the tactical abilities is pretty decent, but Vortex could probably use a buff. Maybe faster recharge, but also it needs to have less of a weapon-ready penalty. A good player is going to get his shots off faster than you are when you drop your shield to shoot. It's the best thing in the world if you're dealing with archer rockets, it just needs some Titan combat utility.

DWinn7

Picked up an Xbox 1 about a week ago and almost bought this from the MS store for 18.99

Is the community still active? Seems like I missed the Deluxe edition for 12.50 by a week. SMH! would've been a great impulse buy.

Depends, the playlists for the DLC are kind of dead. They'll pop in the Attitrion playlist if you have them, but I don't know if I see them in the other playlists with any regularity. They should really just make the maps a free mandatory download at this point. They're some of the better maps and I rarely end up playing them.

Tawpgun

Only reason I think RC101 is the best is it can get people long range (CAR and R97 struggle) and can kill people short range (the single shot/hemlock struggle)

Depends, the playlists for the DLC are kind of dead. They'll pop in the Attitrion playlist if you have them, but I don't know if I see them in the other playlists with any regularity. They should really just make the maps a free mandatory download at this point. They're some of the better maps and I rarely end up playing them.

Classic example of screwing up an online community when introducing paid DLC. Still upset I missed the $12 sale for the game + season pass. I'll wait for it to go on sale again

Kordelle

Just had an incredible CTF match.
Started bad, 0-3 then halftime.
some guy took the flag then, I captured the flag 2 times, 3-3.
Several deaths of mine close to home then, one by a electro gun in the middle of the air. Killed the enemy several times only steps away from capturing ours, one time I was completly blinded by a grenade, I just shot in the direction and saved our team.
In Sudden Death then we could finally manage to kill everyone of our enemies (I once again died close to our base holding the enemy flag)

That was so intense, CTF is really where shit's going down.
Thank you Respawn for this wonderful, crazy game.

I've moved to playing Pilot Hunter more than anything else, but I think it's definitely made me a worse player in other game modes. I just wish more people would play it - sometimes takes a couple minutes to get a game, but once I'm in it, it's incredible. The only game-mode where you can actually snipe.

Marked for Death is similar I guess, but it feels too fast-paced and outside of your control when I play. Poor teammates cost you more than any other mode, and you can find yourself well outside the action through no fault of your own.

zkylon

zkylewd
silly question, the game is super cheap on amazon but i googled a bit and read that you get constantly kicked if you don't have the season pass... is that true?

how important is it?

ty

Tawpgun

]Classic example of screwing up an online community when introducing paid DLC.[/B] Still upset I missed the $12 sale for the game + season pass. I'll wait for it to go on sale again

Yup yup yup. Such a shitty and outdated model. Only time paid DLC in multiplayer games works is if you make it free later on, like Halo 2 did. Halo 3 also had all the maps included with ODST, so tons of people got DLC.

Microtransactions get such a bad rep but that is the way multiplayer games should handle DLC.

A bunch of COSMETIC items (ie, no gameplay advantage you can buy... unless it was burn card packs that would be cool) you can buy and those sales basically pay for the maps, so maps and stuff will be free.

I got downvoted SUPER hard when I reccommended this model in the Destiny subreddit. No idea why people are so opposed to it when paid DLC packs just divide up the player base

Valkrai

Definitely going to redownload the game. Also, it seems that the download size for the PC version is 20 instead of the 50 GBs at launch. Did they compress the audio down or is it just me?

Lemstar

I got downvoted SUPER hard when I reccommended this model in the Destiny subreddit. No idea why people are so opposed to it when paid DLC packs just divide up the player base

Dunno about Destiny, but it doesn't work like that in Titanfall.

Definitely going to redownload the game. Also, it seems that the download size for the PC version is 20 instead of the 50 GBs at launch. Did they compress the audio down or is it just me?
When I installed it six months ago, it was a 20GB download that unpacked into 50GB. Was it not always like that?

Valkrai

Dunno about Destiny, but it doesn't work like that in Titanfall.

When I installed it six months ago, it was a 20GB download that unpacked into 50GB. Was it not always like that?

Not sure, I remember at launch there was a 50 GB download. I thought they compressed stuff when I redownloaded the game.

Just seen that the PC version is 10 quid on the Origin store. Is it worth getting?

I don't know how the European servers are, but the US servers are still active enough to get a game in well under a minute at any time of the day. If you're at all interested in playing it, give it a shot!

Sajjaja

Uhhh wttfffffff.

I had 126GB of free space prior to installing it, now I only have 39GB..................That's almost 100GB...I feel like something isn't right....

Uhhh wttfffffff.

I had 126GB of free space prior to installing it, now I only have 39GB..................That's almost 100GB...I feel like something isn't right....

Titanfall with all the DLC should use about ~63GB, so there's definitely something not right. Check your Origin Games folder just to make sure the game is around that size.

Game takes up way too much space either way.

Lemstar

Uhhh wttfffffff.

Check your Origin settings to see if it's deleting the installer after installation.

Played a few matches last night. I'm super rusty but when I started to get the hang of it again, it's really fun. I just wish it had better staying power.

mf.luder

Having the DLC go free I might go through this now. Been using my XB1 as my media centre but downloaded these all today. Worth it, like how big is the community still?

Top Bottom