• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Lemstar

Are the different game types/maps evenly distributed in Variety Pack? I've been trying to get the insignias for playing every map mode by playing the DLC-specific playlists, and it's taking forever for a couple of them to show up (I've played CTF on Swampland something like six times, while I've never seen Pilot Hunter and Hardpoint).

I recently got back into this game (for like the 4th time I am guessing) due to the DLC being released for free.

The game is still a ton of fun. I wish the population was higher still. Kinda gets boring when you just stomp nearly every game. But when you log on and there are some really good players, which tends to be in the variety playlist around 8pm-12pm EST, the game is extremely fun.

Most of the times I feel like I'm playing players who are half amateurs or half scrubs running around with smart pistol. So it is a nice change of pace to feel average in a room full of top dogs rather than just the sole top dog. It also pushed me to become a better player which in turn made playing against everyone else even more boring, especially in attrition hitting 120+ scores without effort.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Frontier defense is pretty fun. Too bad this game mode wasn't around early when I was grinding out Titan kills with the Railgun the old-fashioned way, like a man. The game has come a long way since the sad state it was in at launch, though.

Ghazi

Was playing on Sunday, when this happened on match 10 of 10 for the 10 winstreak achievement. Salty as fuck about it. One less mistake during the match and I would've won.

Sun_Mar_29_21-05-13_CDT_2015.png

Izuna

Banned
11054806_10153030079827819_8742853995980958787_n.jpg

FUCK this shitty matchmaking

--

Holy shit lmao, the bad players on the JP servers are so bad, it is basically impossible to win once it starts aggressively giving me the worst teammates of the server. This game is awful here =(

I really wish it didn't do this. I miss Titanfall.

EDIT:

No I can't. It is so bad. Players with 5 points and 14 deaths, others with like 22 deaths. I have tried a few different games and seriously, all Titanfall does after a match ends is put more worser players on my team. Ugh.

HelloMeow

Yup. I tried playing it last week and uninstalled it again after giving it a fair shot.

With the teammates I'm getting and the time it takes to find a game, it looks like it's only trying to find teams bad enough to make me lose. I mean, there are 1200 players in the attrition playlist and it still takes minutes.

I'm actually tempted to test this by making a couple of new accounts.

I don't know why anyone plays TDM in this game, it's boring as hell, and yet there's 192 people in my region playing that, 3 playing Hardpoint and 20 in CTF. Come on, people.

LEGGZZZZ

How's the player base for xbox one? I want to buy the game to mainly play the coop mode, but I'm afraid no one will be on to play that mode with (everyone plays tdm instead).

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
How's the player base for xbox one? I want to buy the game to mainly play the coop mode, but I'm afraid no one will be on to play that mode with (everyone plays tdm instead).

Frontier Defense is the 2nd most populated game mode behind Attrition. I play it frequently without any problems.

All the main modes are decently populated and you will absolutely find no problem playing Frontier Defense.

Hatchtag

Banned
I think attrition is great and all...but Respawn really needs to make Variety Pack the main playlist in Titanfall 2. They've got so many fun game modes to play, and yet almost everyone just plays one.

HF2014

BTW how the population count on X1? On pc, i see around always 800 people playing max...kind of boring, only attrition get attention...

Xbox One is solid enough to get games in all game modes at reasonable hours in the US, but the majority do just waste away in the Attrition playlist. I kind of doubt Asia/South America/Australia are viable for all game modes. Maybe Europe is decent, I don't know.

Dont know if this has been posted. But for those who own the regular pc version the season pass is free for everyone who owns it on origin. Just head to the store and download all map packs.

Free week of this on EA Access is really pumping up the player count, good time to hop in if you're looking for matches in the less populated game modes.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, the lag in this game is pretty bad on consoles. I don't recall it being anywhere this bad on the PC. I die so many times because the game will just freeze for a few seconds and whoever I was shooting at while just stand still and when it unfreezes I'm dead.

FPS is pretty shit, too.

For the first time in a long time the player count has hit triple figures here in Australia on XB1, it's just a shame that it's basically Attrition that everyone is playing.

Oops sorry Xbox One version, and yes all the dlc is free with purchase it looks like.

The worldwide count is usually around 15k but obviously each region has it's own count. Here in Australia Attrition sometimes hits 100 players but I never fail to find a game, all other modes are dead.

Switching to the US server shows a much bigger population across more modes.

The worldwide count is usually around 15k but obviously each region has it's own count. Here in Australia Attrition sometimes hits 100 players but I never fail to find a game, all other modes are dead.

Switching to the US server shows a much bigger population across more modes.

Do you think it's worth getting into for a starting player or am I best off with waiting for another fps?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do you think it's worth getting into for a starting player or am I best off with waiting for another fps?
I think it's fun and different enough, even though CoD is trying to copy it with Advanced Warfare and Blops3. What I like is that the progression is easy enough that you will get most of the guns fairly easily, and I assume they've made it so that you can get both Titan classes unlocked without going through the campaign twice now. But I also imagine that it's only the super hardcore people playing right now... I only fire it up once in a while to play the co-op horde mode, which is fun and counts as progression toward leveling up (at least in some cases).

I think it's fun and different enough, even though CoD is trying to copy it with Advanced Warfare and Blops3. What I like is that the progression is easy enough that you will get most of the guns fairly easily, and I assume they've made it so that you can get both Titan classes unlocked without going through the campaign twice now. But I also imagine that it's only the super hardcore people playing right now... I only fire it up once in a while to play the co-op horde mode, which is fun and counts as progression toward leveling up (at least in some cases).

Sounds good thank you! I saw some videos of people playing and it looks so fun >.<

firehawk12

Subete no aware
TF is absolutely great for a quick blast. Surprised it's pop counts have always been so low, but it hasn't stopped me getting games.
Yeah, on Xbox the waiting times are short for the most part at least.

That said, I wonder for the future of the franchise given the relative silence at E3. I was hoping for a sequel announcement and that a game was coming this fall or something.

Stackboy

Yeah, on Xbox the waiting times are short for the most part at least.

That said, I wonder for the future of the franchise given the relative silence at E3. I was hoping for a sequel announcement and that a game was coming this fall or something.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we get Titanfall 2 next year.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=145690978&postcount=55

I made that post over at the gaming side. Pretty much my Last Game Summary shows I was still D5. The only proof I guess I don't have is that I played it on the 24th/25th, which is after the last decay. I also checked this a few hours before the Season reset so I was super sure I was still D5. If it showed D4 I would have kept playing.
Well, dredging up your old post a bit, as I had the mystery decay bump me down to D4 for June. I'm positive I had Diamond V on Jun 30. Got one extra battlemark for insurance. I didn't log in again till tonight.

I don't know. Given that I took a few days to login, maybe decays processed in the background on July 3 and 4, but the month rank chip didn't register my rank for June until I logged in today, then it took the wrongly decayed by 2-3 days rank and stamped that.

Glad to see I can still get a game on PC in seconds. I'm still coming back to this, despite everything else that's been released (looking at you, Rocket League).

It's DLC free forever? I downloaded it with EA access and it looks really fun.

Yes, everyone has the same version of the game now, regardless of the season pass.

Top Bottom