• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Review Thread

Edge (score withheld until real-world tests)

http://www.edge-online.com/features...s-call-of-dutys-multiplayer-formula-new-life/

There’s a substantial amount to do across every map and mode, and in the course of ten hours’ play we didn’t find ourselves getting bored or seeing the same circumstances crop up enough to feel repetitive. Likewise, unlocks arrive at a refreshingly fast rate – your options are varied at the beginning, and diversify quickly.

The potential for launch week performance issues is the key issue holding Titanfall back from a recommendation at this stage, as is a triple-A pricepoint that many may find hard to justify for an exclusively multiplayer game. In its own right, though, this is arguably the best multiplayer shooter since the original Modern Warfare – and proof that beyond that well-used formula, a better game was waiting to be made.

The Flash

Banned
tumblr_inline_mobjhdatfD1qz4rgp.gif

People better not complain about reviews in progress after the Battlefield 4 issues. If outlets want to wait until after launch to see how things go, more power to them.

Way prefer reviews in progress over giving busted games great scores and then revising them after the fallout.

Ivieto

Banned
wtf is this 'review in progress' garbage on IGN?

They are giving their impresions on the game they played on the review event. They will hold full review until the game is out.

This is, for me, the only way to review a multiplayer shooter after the clusterfuck that became battlefield. Good for them.

WhupTroy

Banned
How can they truely review it when they have no idea how it will perform once everyone starts playing online? I expect tons of crashes, lagged out lobbies, joining issues, etc etc...

LoveCake

I will like to see the review scores for the each version, X360, X1, PC & how they compare.

Is the X360 version released on the same day or later ?

jabuseika

wtf is this 'review in progress' garbage on IGN?

This is a good thing.

Give it a real review when the game is live and for everyone to play.

Don't repeat SimCity again, where it got great reviews, and no one could play it because it broke to pieces when it went live.

Reviewers with some sense, finally.

GlamFM

Banned
Jeff confirms frame rate drops to single digits and tearing in the final XBOX ONE release.
I might pass.

Metro Gamecentral 9/10

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/10/titanfall-review-call-of-duty-with-robots-4511869/

In Short: It could do with a few more ancillary options, and a more interesting backstory, but in terms of online gameplay Titanfall is now the game to beat this gen.

Pros: Perfectly balanced gameplay, pin sharp controls, and a huge range of emergent tactics. 15 great maps and the titans themselves are excellent – as are the Pilots and their parkour skills.

Cons: Campaign multiplayer is a farcical waste of time. Plenty of maps, but the lack of game modes and customisation points to a hurried development schedule. Some minor graphical issues.

High score for them

SOLD!!
I had bought the game anyway but SOLD!

When GameCentral give games a high mark I know they must have something about them. The wait until Friday is going to be difficult.

TheHater

How can you have a review for a multiplayer only online game before the game is release to the masses? I think reviewers should have waited a week and then make a accurate review of the game. Everyone remember BF, SimCity, and other online games were the online is broken once the masses get access to it

Joystiq has their review up, and it was fairly weird. It talked a lot of about the gameplay concepts, but nothing whatsoever about performance. Granted, i'm not sure how you would judge that pre-release, as the server loads and such are really going to effect a title like this.

methane47

I find it fascinating that people are completely OK with singleplayer only for $60, in fact, they praise it, and completely bash multiplayer only.

10-hour singleplayer only = OK
1000-hour multiplayer only = too expensive, should be $30.

10 hours of a story based, content filled experience with set pieces and cutscenes with hours of voice acting etc etc...

vs 10 maps. with no story no cut scenes hardly any voice acting...

People are upset because it obviously takes less less pieces to put together 10 maps than it does to put together a fully featured SP mode. And normally for 60$ you get BOTH.

so 60$ for just MP seems like robbery.

Hoodbury

Will anyone do separate scores for PC vs Xbone? Or would they just wait til 360 version and review that as a stand alone game?

Top Bottom