• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall to drop resolution to 720p again...(CBOAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Cboat posted in the UK thread fyi

• If MS's SDK isn't up to snuff by TF, TF will use it's own proprietary party chat system that will kick you out of live parties
  • final resoultion will for XB1 will be 720p not 792p
  • Final textures are alpha textures as cboat already said, standing by taht

WTF is going on?!?!?!?

Eusis

After the beta with dipping to 40+ range for Titans I can believe it, though I wouldn't think that resolution drop would make enough of a difference. Lower quality textures though, that might do it.

Zornack

I guess they couldn't smooth out the FPS drops without dropping the resolution.

I don't get why they would downgrade from the beta.

The beta did not run well, especially towards the end of matches when there were multiple titans running around.

jcfz.gif

BPoole

Respawn did say "Framerate is king", and from what I've heard, the beta had noticeable frame rate drops on XB1, so it looks like they don't have a choice but to drop the res

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Quote the Boat.

chck pls mmh mm

I heop the ptry chat is fixd BY thn.
awhat would you say if titynfal had its own sepreat e partychat.?
tha d wasa iNN hthe TF sotware and dint utzlie LIve at al?
that ws a hug vilation of xer guindelines? but MS grantd e waver czu so mch is riding o tf and propser SDKs wernt ready (n stil aren't)?
so if you er in a xblieve party of 4 and go to plays tiatnfal s a party.....lcuanch th game, tnetnter proviate lobby and yoru live party disapers?
Game putz you in searpate party bysystem instead?

fix this shit guerila

720 as wel , 792? no.

stick in toMy gun s on alpha texture POSTi mad be4, btway
s

Scottiths

Banned
Wait, really? I never had a problem in the beta. Why would they drop it from the beta levels? Not that I mind really, just curious.

The source posts, for the benefit of people who couldn't be arsed finding them.

chck pls mmh mm

I heop the ptry chat is fixd BY thn.
awhat would you say if titynfal had its own sepreat e partychat.?
tha d wasa iNN hthe TF sotware and dint utzlie LIve at al?
that ws a hug vilation of xer guindelines? but MS grantd e waver czu so mch is riding o tf and propser SDKs wernt ready (n stil aren't)?
so if you er in a xblieve party of 4 and go to plays tiatnfal s a party.....lcuanch th game, tnetnter proviate lobby and yoru live party disapers?
Game putz you in searpate party bysystem instead?

fix this shit guerila

720 as wel , 792? no.

stick in toMy gun s on alpha texture POSTi mad be4, btway
s

Cimeas

Banned
The 792p-700p change makes perfect sense. The party chat thing makes sense

But the alpha textures? They literally directly came out and said they were not just slightly less good, but ONE QUARTER of what they are in the final game. They can't have expected a miracle from the SDK right? And to lie so blatantly seems unlikely for Respawn since they didn't have much to lose from just admitting the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom