• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMobile Tuesdays |OT| Get your Free Shit !

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Guess the postmates code is universal since everyone got the same code.

Hitman: JMTXDNM8R

Futureman

I'm this close to switching to T-Mobile from Verizon.

I still have a $270 early termination fee but I'm pretty sure T-Mobile will pay for that right?

saving ~$11/month on Netflix will also be nice (doing 2 lines of unlimited with my GF).

the ONLY thing is though we want to wait until there is a B1G1 free iPhone deal.

I see they have this deal for the Note 8 right now. Any chance the new iPhone will get this deal? I'm thinking not, but maybe Apple will release a 7S next week and that will get a B1G1.

edit: WAIT they just raised the 2 lines on T-Mobile One pricing to $120 (yesterday it was $100). I guess the free Netflix puts it around $110 since we would be paying for Netflix anyways.

Futureman

also, as far as getting a B1G1 deal on T-Mobile with an iPhone, is it worth looking at Best Buy Mobile as well? Do they ever have a deal like this?

kirblar

All the BOGOs this year have been Android IIRC. IPhone 7 had a trade in deal. edit: it may still be going on

What phones are you currently using? They def pay the ETF and the approach to the phone varies depending I'd it can be used immediately.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
also, as far as getting a B1G1 deal on T-Mobile with an iPhone, is it worth looking at Best Buy Mobile as well? Do they ever have a deal like this?
Don’t think Best Buy is an official T-Mobile vendor. I can’t find any T-Mobile prepaid cards or phones on their site. The only ones I’ve seen there that work on T-Mobile are unlocked versions of some phones and the only unlocked iPhones they have right now are preowned.

VeeP

All the BOGOs this year have been Android IIRC. IPhone 7 had a trade in deal. edit: it may still be going on

What phones are you currently using? They def pay the ETF and the approach to the phone varies depending I'd it can be used immediately.

Do you think they'll have a updated iPhone 7S/8 deal? It doesn't need to be B1G1 but I was thinking about switching the whole family over. Just waiting for a good deal.

kirblar

Do you think they'll have a updated iPhone 7S/8 deal? It doesn't need to be B1G1 but I was thinking about switching the whole family over. Just waiting for a good deal.
I wouldn't be surprised if they updated it. They did a ton of stuff on Black Friday last year, probably worth waiting for it.

Futureman

It looks like they had (or still have) a "Buy any iPhone, get an iPhone SE for free" deal.

I would definitely jump on a B1G1 7S. I guess we'll see.

Anustart

Almost assuredly we will be having a killer deal on iPhones again this year. Internally we are gearing up with new tools and systems.

ZOONAMI

Don’t think Best Buy is an official T-Mobile vendor. I can’t find any T-Mobile prepaid cards or phones on their site. The only ones I’ve seen there that work on T-Mobile are unlocked versions of some phones and the only unlocked iPhones they have right now are preowned.

Yeah I believe Verizon and AT&T bullied best buy and lost other retailers into only allowing a total of 3 post paid carriers, and typically that has been sprint. I wouldnt be surprised if they are explicitly blocking T-mobile from entering the retailers where they are already established. Essentially if you start selling T-mobile contracts, we will leave. If I were best buy I'd call their bluff and ink something with T-mobile.

It may also be that T-mobile just likes having their own retail channel.

kirblar

Yeah I believe Verizon and AT&T bullied best buy and lost other retailers into only allowing a total of 3 post paid carriers, and typically that has been sprint. I wouldnt be surprised if they are explicitly blocking T-mobile from entering the retailers where they are already established. Essentially if you start selling T-mobile contracts, we will leave. If I were best buy I'd call their bluff and ink something with T-mobile.

It may also be that T-mobile just likes having their own retail channel.
I think it's a combo of both - T-Mobile's relationship w/ Costco's wireless partner apparently broke down over issues they were having over the bank that was doing phone financing.

ZOONAMI

Anyone else noticed latest update has effectively made sms into a live messaging service? On a G6

Can see people typing and messages as read

Top Bottom