• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today I beat cancer for a second time.

Kadin

What a story to read OP. So glad how things turned out for you as of this writing. Sounds like you really have a great grasp of what you went through and are in great spirits.

My dad was diagnosed with Stage 3B colon cancer and fought it with such ferocity and is also in the clear after two years. His most recent scan showed nothing and his markers are still very, very low.

Fuck cancer.

laoni

Thanks again to everyone for their support <3 it was the best thing to wake up to. I'll be visiting my haematologist in a few hours to sort out my check up schedule, and I'll be grabbing my official clearance to fly from him too, because I'm gonna go on holiday again next month XD

Maybe if you're in a legal state, see if MJ can give you some munchies?

I never ended up thinking twice about my weight loss the first time, I'd started eating better and working out because I needed to lose weight and just chalked it up to that because otherwise, I still felt fine. Alas, not legal here, but my parents have insisted on many an occasion that if I want to try, they know a guy who knows a guy. XD

So, how's the energy level right now?

Yeah, they always told me ABVD made people feel really queasy so I was kind of odd that I didn't really get it. My major side effect was pain. 2 days post chemo, like clockwork, I'd be so sore I couldn't be touched and even clothes would hurt.

I'm all good on the chemo end for the psychological side, but radio... Well. I seem to have developed an issue with lying in a dimmed room with indistinct music in the background. I freaked out mid a yoga session that had been organised for me because of that and had to stop.

My energy level is trash XD Transplant took a lot of my energy from me and a lot of my muscle too. It's got a minimum 6 months recovery time so, it's still impacting me. I'll have to start physio soon to build back up some muscle.

Foffy

Banned
Hope you're doing well, OP.

Take every day with peace and compassion, but I'm sure you learned this in your struggles.

Best regards.

Thanks again to everyone for their support <3 it was the best thing to wake up to. I'll be visiting my haematologist in a few hours to sort out my check up schedule, and I'll be grabbing my official clearance to fly from him too, because I'm gonna go on holiday again next month XD

I never ended up thinking twice about my weight loss the first time, I'd started eating better and working out because I needed to lose weight and just chalked it up to that because otherwise, I still felt fine. Alas, not legal here, but my parents have insisted on many an occasion that if I want to try, they know a guy who knows a guy. XD

Yeah, they always told me ABVD made people feel really queasy so I was kind of odd that I didn't really get it. My major side effect was pain. 2 days post chemo, like clockwork, I'd be so sore I couldn't be touched and even clothes would hurt.

I'm all good on the chemo end for the psychological side, but radio... Well. I seem to have developed an issue with lying in a dimmed room with indistinct music in the background. I freaked out mid a yoga session that had been organised for me because of that and had to stop.

My energy level is trash XD Transplant took a lot of my energy from me and a lot of my muscle too. It's got a minimum 6 months recovery time so, it's still impacting me. I'll have to start physio soon to build back up some muscle.
Well it will take time but it will get better every month and year. I hope to god they find a less devastating treatment in the coming years. But hey, we can't complain, right? It did the job.

Weird how different it can work for different people. Chemo absolutely drained me. Couldn't even get up the stairs without resting. Radiation burnt my gullet (is that the right word?) so eating became difficult but it wasn't as devastaing as the chemo.

About music. It's weird but i sort of couldn't stand reggae anymore... stressed me out. Of all the things that could possibly stress you out... I never linked it to the treatment though.

Thank you for sharing your indepth story!!

Best of luck.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
This is the news I needed to hear today, OP. Congrats! &#128578;

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Well done OP! Congratulations and may you stay healthy! This topic means a lot to me. My mom starts her first round of chemo this Wednesday, for her 2nd(and 3rd) cancer. So this fills me with hope!

Shredderi

I'm beyond glad to read a success story once in a while! I got both angry and happy when reading your story. Happy for the fact that you survived yet again, but angry at the general fate for putting you through that twice already. Like, you'd think that once is already more than enough but nooo. Anyway super happy for you OP!

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Congrats OP! Awesome to see a success story every once in a while. Hope you never have to deal with that again.

Neither did my friends/family who lost weight. They just said they were eating less, which is true but they never questioned it.

If your parents are cool with it, go for it. I'm sure they're happy you're alive and well. Ganja will relax you and will make you hungry, and will make you enjoy the food you'll eventually eat.

I did it after having the flu for 9 days. Didn't eat one scrap the entire time. After the flu went away, I still wasn't hungry. Took a few tokes and appetite came back. Just start slow if you do decide to try it. Don't think anyone will look at you sideways.

Top Bottom