• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today I playtested Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow...(small review)

Ok here it comes:

I playtested the newest RS3 game: Black Arrow at Ubi Montreal today. My expectations we're low since I've never really liked the games(my friend bought me the first rainbow six a couple of years ago. I played it for 15 mins, never played it again).

So for those of you who liked RS3, you'll love this new one. Today I tried 3 scenarios, a typical "save the hostage and neutrilize the bomb" in a subway, a Hostage situation in an hotel and "Back alley". The game plays great, only problem there is, well there are some cheap spots where they can get a free shot on your ass real easy. Or some maniac throwin some Molotov cocktails repeatedly, while being cornered. Sometimes the AI will do dumb stuff like going for the dude in the back instead of helping out the hostage that might get shot. they still have a month to workout the loose bolts and this game could really be fun.

So this is my first trip back to Ubi Montreal since I was on quality assurance (tester) on the first splinter cell. There's so many chicks workin there now, it's quite odd. But nonetheless, it's an awesome place to work. No wonder that Ubi Montreal's is the Top Ten Developers of this gen of consoles.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Did you test out the multiplayer?
If so, does the aiming/hit detection still suck?

If they can fix that, the game will be solid-gold online.....

Lil' Dice said:
Did you test out the multiplayer?
If so, does the aiming/hit detection still suck?

If they can fix that, the game will be solid-gold online.....

Hmm you are right, the aiming's tricky at times, other times, it's real easy.

Top Bottom