• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today is the one year anniversary of the SMT4 EU announcement

How do you feel about this?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shun

Let us have Europe in our hearts and hope that Devil Survivor 2: Break Record is still on track this year.

It's baffling that you've yet to get SMTIV.

vocab

Atlus needs to end this whole Europe crap. Either release your games in a timely fashion or don't release them at all.

redcrayon

Ha, my preorder was placed with Amazon UK almost a year ago, it's still in my order history, with them sending me an update every three months saying they still have no idea. At this point I'd be happy with a digital-only release.

Tomohawk

I don't see what the big deal is.
It's not even a good RPG.

It's a FANTASTIC one and I'm so sorry you guys can't play it yet. :(
Lols I was going to make the same joke except it wouldn't have been a joke.

Anyways I may not have liked the game but still sucks for the fans that have been waiting so long to check it out.

This is fucking disgusting. Bought a 3DS when the game was announced for Europe. Now because of that fucking region lock I'm screwed. If they had just said it wasn't coming I would've imported an American 3DS instead. Thanks nintendo and atlus.

My favorite explanation was that 2013 was too crowded.
Because 2014 is pretty barren so far and there's still jackshit on the horizon.

Semajer

Don't worry, they'll announce SMTIV:Maniax Chronicle Edition and SMTXFE release dates at the next Nintendo Direct. Right?

Right?

Kysen

Your first mistake was buying an eu 3ds. With the sales situation as it is right now everything is hinging on Nintendo to bring it over as publishers aren't willing to take the risk. All they'd need to do is patch out the region lock.

Jb

Luckily for us, Nintendo has a mountain of great and exciting 3DS games they're about to release in its stead!
Wait.

NIN90

Goddamn it. Just put the english version on the european eShop.
It's honestly baffling how Nintendo and Atlus can't figure this out.

Yagharek

At least DQ isn't in a language I understand and if it ever does get localised is highly likely to get a timely euro release.

DQVII stings double for PAL though because the PSX version never came here and it did in the US in English at least.

For those that are digital distribution-savvy, is there anything stopping Atlus USA/Nintendo Europe from publishing a game in Europe on the eShop? What kind of requirements would have to be met, aside from probably having the thing re-rated by for the PEGI system?

Resilient

Fuck you Nintendo and Fuck you Atlas. I've made these posts before. I'll make them again. If you're a US citizen and you complain about not getting something before Eu/Au...I have nothing good to say to you.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
For those that are digital distribution-savvy, is there anything stopping Atlus USA/Nintendo Europe from publishing a game in Europe on the eShop? What kind of requirements would have to be met, aside from probably having the thing re-rated by for the PEGI system?

Well, they are self-publishing Conception II in Europe via the eShop. So this is just strange.

Well, they are self-publishing Conception II in Europe via the eShop. So this is just strange.
See, that's what just baffles me. There has to be licensing issues at play here or something. I can't imagine a world where they see a bigger market for Conception II over a mainline entry in one of their most precious franchises.

Recall

Atlus hates EU.

It was the same crap with Persona 4 Arena though I suppose we did get it eventually, even though the reason for the delay was dumb.

Top Bottom