• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Ghoul:re |OT| SUPER PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Saw it pointed out that the chapter title being "title" probably means chapter title: Tokyo Ghoul.

something something Ishidaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
all i want to know is does this mean kaneki's death at the end of the CCG leaving his family behind

it cant go out like that, but it seems like the theme of reconciliation the story had been building up to was just thrown out the window. There's no way CCG and ghouls will unite against kaneki, its just way too convenient a plot device. I just hate it when "omnipotent" furuta, aizen, aion type know it alls get their way in the story

the ending of the chrono crusade anime was ruined because of that

Voror

if we look back at the underground with ayato and the rest, the place where the naga destroyed looks exactly like above ground tokyo...so who knows

it would be interesting to see what the actual history of the TG world was like with ghouls and humans

I've been wondering about that for a while since they never really went all that deep with it. I mean, one has to assume there are ghouls worldwide. Has anything like what's going on in Japan happened anywhere else? The series is quite isolated like that.

all i want to know is does this mean kaneki's death at the end of the CCG leaving his family behind

it cant go out like that, but it seems like the theme of reconciliation the story had been building up to was just thrown out the window. There's no way CCG and ghouls will unite against kaneki, its just way too convenient a plot device. I just hate it when "omnipotent" furuta, aizen, aion type know it alls get their way in the story

the ending of the chrono crusade anime was ruined because of that

Yeah, this whole event (unless that theory that we're seeing the original OEK) pretty much throws all that out as impossible. I guess you could try doing the common enemy thing, but really the whole incident should just reinforce the belief that ghouls need to be wiped out. There'd always be the possibility out there that another Kaneki could come about and do this.

I do hope Furuta isn't dead. I need to see him get outplayed. Him just dying thinking he one would irritate the hell out of me.

Then again having the bad guy win and Kaneki having ultimately failed at anything he ever tried to do would fit as a tragedy.

I always forget there was an anime for that. Only ever read the manga.

Inuhanyou

But part 2 was not even supposed to be a tragedy, according to ishida part 1 was a tragedy, which is why it ended tragically. But part 2 is a "Drama epic" to see kaneki's "ascension into a legend". After the tragedy is a sky of clear blue and all that....

I dunno....its probably just me, but i didnt really get into the series for "tragedy", but a dark story that showed some progression. And after all kaneki has gained, i don't think it would leave a good taste in my mouth for it all to be dashed..ken has spent a majority of the series wanting to die, and now that he doesnt want to because he has a wife and child, his only choice is to be killed?

Voror

But part 2 was not even supposed to be a tragedy, according to ishida part 1 was a tragedy, which is why it ended tragically. But part 2 is a "Drama epic" to see kaneki's "ascension into a legend". After the tragedy is a sky of clear blue and all that....

I dunno....its probably just me, but i didnt really get into the series for "tragedy", but a dark story that showed some progression. And after all kaneki has gained, i don't think it would leave a good taste in my mouth for it all to be dashed..ken has spent a majority of the series wanting to die, and now that he doesnt want to because he has a wife and child, his only choice is to be killed?

Yeah, I was kind of thrown off given that statement too. Maybe he changed his mind? Or it was a trick or something? It's always possible that was the original intent and that plot got lost or thrown out. I mean, becoming a giant kaiju would ascend him into legend.

No, I was pretty much the same. I've never been one for tragedy. It's kind of been frustrating since any time it comes across like he's making some sort of progress, they just reveal it to have not been the case at all. He's just doing the same thing again in a different way.

Like that whole council thing last chapter was something I liked since as it was going along it seemed like all these disparate faces he's worn all came together. Only for it to be twisted into the worst possible result. Which may have been the point I guess? I mean it seems to start off almost making fun of people thinking this should go the shounen hero route with his fight with Suzuya.

Honestly, it sort of feels weird having this happen now when there's still a ton of loose ends that need to get taken care of unless this is ending and going into a third series.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

This story was clearly planned so I'm certain this was always the plan and was never ever not the plan. I mean it's called Tokyo Ghoul, Kaneki even draws this thing early into the story. He considers himself a centipede with a few thousand allusions of this during the story.

This was beaten over peoples head with this, this was always how it was going to "end". Kaneki's transformation into an actual centipede (his full Kakuju) was never going to be a good event. It's physically not possible for this to have been telegraphed more.

Anteater

Some time must've passed since the last chapter right? It's showing quite a few things in this chapter, the dragon going on a rampage, the streets full of kagune, etc.

Also the way Ishida did the first few pages is weird since scarecrow is there in one of the panels, the dude with the kid look like Amon, the girl with the cat also has similar hair color/skin tone as Mutsuki, then you have the Takizawa looking ghoul.

Scarecrow/cat girl panels can't be going on at the same time as the current events since you could tell it's sunny there. I'm guessing those could be future events after the fight or something.

I'm just worrying with how things play out Ishida is going for some Evangelion-esque ending.

Also Chapter 125 was done entirely with black borders if I remember correctly

We're on page 13, I bet Ishida planned this too, series will end on p14.

Inuhanyou

This story was clearly planned so I'm certain this was always the plan and was never ever not the plan. I mean it's called Tokyo Ghoul, Kaneki even draws this thing early into the story. He considers himself a centipede with a few thousand allusions of this during the story.

This was beaten over peoples head with this, this was always how it was going to "end". Kaneki's transformation into an actual centipede (his full Kakuju) was never going to be a good event. It's physically not possible for this to have been telegraphed more.

i mean, if it was or wasnt planned, its not really a real difference to me if its an ending i don't really enjoy or like anyways.

He could plan out a tragic ending and it would still leave a sour taste in my mouth even if he planned it that way.

So far what ishida seems to be saying is that fuurata just planned out kanekis entire life and death and ken has just been falling into his trap the whole time. That aizen bullshit is just shitty to me

Voror

So far what ishida seems to be saying is that fuurata just planned out kanekis entire life and death and ken has just been falling into his trap the whole time. That aizen bullshit is just shitty to me

I don't quite get that same feeling. I think Furuta is simply very good at improvising though there is some planning going on here and there. Like I don't think he planned things out from when he dropped those beams on Rize to enact this grand master plan for Kaneki. I feel like he's more been planning since around the time Arima died.

If they do go with that direction, then yeah that's a tad too silly.

Anteater

I don't quite get that same feeling. I think Furuta is simply very good at improvising though there is some planning going on here and there. Like I don't think he planned things out from when he dropped those beams on Rize to enact this grand master plan for Kaneki. I feel like he's more been planning since around the time Arima died.

If they do go with that direction, then yeah that's a tad too silly.

Yeah Furuta is just taking advantage of the situation, especially after Arima died, like he said Ken was just a random dude that happens to be there when he dropped the steel beams on Rize, sure Ken was a gamble but I feel like if Ken failed he would have just anybody do it in place of him anyway, or not at all.

Dude even risked turning himself into a half ghoul so he could easily pull this off by himself if he wants, just that he doesn't want to put in the effort since Ken is already following the script.

The clowns didn't even think Ken survived at the end of TG

edit: the omakes are out "I'll expalin in volume 14"

pl5uF2d.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom