• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Finished the second chapter tonight. Think I'm starting to fall for this game.

Man, I wonder if there's any chance for a sequel in a few years. Maybe an NX port could help its popularity?

SPCTRE

Oddly, MY gripe is that
every woman in this game seems to fall in love with the MC
which generally make me sigh a lot.

I don't feel the characters were really good... Even the story but the gameplay was very very good and i loved the dungeons.
I know what you mean and I don't disagree. What I feel is missing is some sort of meaningful choice in terms of romance (it wouldn't necessarily have to be a 100% Social Link analogue in terms of mechanics).

Ronin Ray

I got to chapter 4 and stopped playing for a while and picked it back up yesterday and I just have no desire to continue to play it. It's strange because I cant put my finger on why.

Jeffrey

think im getting near the end (doing the trials in ch6), and urghhhh i just want this game to be over with already.

Not being able to skip or fastforward through sessions is SOOO PAINFUL once your whole party is attacking each time, even occasionally twice with dual arts.

Can skip basically every other animation/cutscene in the game and there is a autobattle button that speeds up animations... whyyyy.

Think im going to turn down the difficulty to easy... but you still have to watch sessions because of overkill ;_;

Jeffrey

Ch5 wasn't bad for me because I unintentionally ended up grinding a bit being stuck on the dumb mannequin puzzle. Judy make sure to keep debuffs and buffs up.

RPGCrazied

Whoa, played for about 3 hours. This game just oozes style. From the music, to the UI, just a slick package, still wish it was in English though!

Did I hear you can buy costumes in this game? I didn't see any at the hee haw mart.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Whoa, played for about 3 hours. This game just oozes style. From the music, to the UI, just a slick package, still wish it was in English though!

Did I hear you can buy costumes in this game? I didn't see any hat the hee haw mart.
You'll be able to once you unlock a new travel area.

Astral Dog

Any cool ones? I got 2 so far, but Lord form is still better than generic clothing.

Depends, Itsuki only has a "casual" suit so its not worth to change, he also changes himself in chapter two.

Tsubasa and Kiria are the only two characters that have lots of costumes, from their special attacks to dresses and casual clothing.

Touma and
Yashiro
have a few cool ones as well.

You can also by clothes from the Eshop, they are a bit expensive but they look ok.these are based on SMT IV

i think they also cut some from the localization but just a few.

Floflo

Neo Member
You can also by clothes from the Eshop, they are a bit expensive but they look ok.these are based on SMT IV
Actually only one of the DLC costumes is based on SMT IV.
Here is the list of the costumes in the Costume set DLC :

• Etrian Odyssey III Costume (Kiria)
  • Persona Q Costume (Tsubasa)
  • SMT IV Costume (Touma)
  • Devil Survivor 2 Costume (Itsuki)

There also are 3 original costumes for the girls in the "Tokyo Millennium Collection" DLC.
The swimsuit DLC was only released in Japan...

Did Tsubasa's list side story :
Her modified outfit is so fucking stupid. It's like they put a white body paint under the dress. They can't even censor it right like they did with the "Feel" oufit (putting a top on the costume).
Really now that I played nearly the whole game and saw for myself how they changed it : they did some pretty dumb choices.

Now at the intermission post chapter 5. I have a handful of side stories left
How long till the end of the game ? Thanks

AniHawk

the battle system is flashy enough that stringing together sessions feels like i'm always coming back from the brink of defeat against tougher enemies. the game just introduced duos and open auditions, so it's nice to see this really start to string together some big combos after only having 2-3 for the first three chapters or so.

kind of just skipping through the story. the characters are likeable enough, but the story is almost scary in that it feels like it's exploring an immoral industry that turns teenagers into an entertainment commodity instead of a game about a girl achieving pop idol dreams and fame.
tsubasa... you're going to model now. it'll be great...!

overall it's fine. not persona levels of engagement for me and i think there are a few things that hold it back. the pacing is one - visiting tiki to upgrade and only being able to have one mission at a time going is a little frustrating. the lack of any kind of direction for the main plot makes the whole experience sort of ho-hum.

Floflo

Neo Member
Now at the intermission post chapter 5. I have a handful of side stories left
How long till the end of the game ? Thanks
If you just play the main story, you could finish in less than 10 hours. But if you want to do all the side stories and other optional stuff, it could take you a bit more than 20 hours. That was my case, but it could be because I spent a lot of time in the arena. Also, I was playing on Hard difficulty, making fights longer.

Nbz

Thanks.

Guess I'll just beat the game in easy instead of grinding if bosses become too difficult I guess -.-

This is what I did. After a point the bosses became an absolute chore (especially fast forwarding through cutscenes/dialogue before them), said fuck it and hit the easy switch and never looked back. Meant I didn't waste my time grinding and still enjoyed the game

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
That EXP dungeon really made grinding unnecessary. I think at only 2 points did I feel like I had to gain a couple levels, and after like 30 min in the EXP dungeon I got overleveled each time. Just needing to use 2 tomes each time before a fight to instantly level up after the next battle was a great timesaver.

Beat the game Sunday on Hard, only one of the bosses really gave me trouble, but judicious use of Clap Tracks and keeping the adds killed off quickly just made manageable, just took a while. Final boss wasn't too bad.

Hard truly felt like more of a Normal difficulty setting for a SMT or Persona game - completely manageable aside from maybe some bosses that need you to do a bit more thinking, but if you get complacent your party can quickly get wiped even to normal enemies.

Great game, would love to see another one in the franchise, unlikely as it may be. Maybe Atlus can talk Sega into doing a similar title but using all vocaloids instead. :p

Ulysses 31

That EXP dungeon really made grinding unnecessary. I think at only 2 points did I feel like I had to gain a couple levels, and after like 30 min in the EXP dungeon I got overleveled each time. Just needing to use 2 tomes each time before a fight to instantly level up after the next battle was a great timesaver.

Beat the game Sunday on Hard, only one of the bosses really gave me trouble, but judicious use of Clap Tracks and keeping the adds killed off quickly just made manageable, just took a while.

Final boss wasn't too bad.

Great game, would love to see another one in the franchise, unlikely as it may be. Maybe Atlus can talk Sega into doing a similar title but using all vocaloids instead. :p

Won't try the lvl99 super boss in NG+? =P

Just finished the game this morning. What a game! As a Fire Emblem, Anime, RPG, and Music fan this game mixes all of them quite well. That finale song though is cheesy but awesome.

Jeffrey

how much 'game' do I have left if I just mainline it? Kinda want to get to NMW and setsuna and other stuff.

Just beat the
baddy who fused himself with marth and summoned the dragon or something.

I assume there is a final dungeon?

This game's combat system really does drag too long. I don't think ive played a game that takes this long to beat a normal 'random encounter' fight in years, maybe ever? Even on easy it doesn't help because you can't cancel out of 'overkill'.

Javier

how much 'game' do I have left if I just mainline it? Kinda want to get to NMW and setsuna and other stuff.

Just beat the

Yes, you still have one more dungeon to beat.

Haroon

Just beat the

This game's combat system really does drag too long. I don't think ive played a game that takes this long to beat a normal 'random encounter' fight in years, maybe ever? Even on easy it doesn't help because you can't cancel out of 'overkill'.

The cosmic egg!

random25

Done with the arena for now. The kishin emblem seems to be the best reward still after getting everything in the advanced stage. Now onto the final dungeon we go!

-Horizon-

Hmm, do we still unlock more outfits for the characters after chapter 5?
I know I'm nearing the end and I looked up if I was missing any outfits and not counting the swimsuits, I apparently haven't seen a couple like the practice outfit for Kiria. Or was that removed? >.>

Vecks

Hmm, do we still unlock more outfits for the characters after chapter 5?
I know I'm nearing the end and I looked up if I was missing any outfits and not counting the swimsuits, I apparently haven't seen a couple like the practice outfit for Kiria. Or was that removed? >.>

Kiria's practice outfit unlocks at the start of chapter 6 I think.

Jeffrey

kiria's practice outfit is worth the wait though. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

urgh final dungeon has sliding platform puzzle. I want to die...

muteki

kiria's practice outfit is worth the wait though. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

urgh final dungeon has sliding platform puzzle. I want to die...

That was easy, I was pulling my hair out at the invisible warping one.

I do think it is bullshit how puzzle states reset when you warp though.

zroid

Banned
I finally started this last night after dragging my feet since June

only played the prologue but I dig it. the SMS conversations are fantastic. I love the little status updates in particular. Tsubasa's made me laugh out loud.

I finally started this last night after dragging my feet since June

only played the prologue but I dig it. the SMS conversations are fantastic. I love the little status updates in particular. Tsubasa's made me laugh out loud.

You'll be glad to know that the status updates change throughout the game!

Jeffrey

this... actually might be the most rngy jrpg ive played in ages lol. At later game you can eventually figure out the gear and setup to counter certain bosses, but i feel like most my playthrough im just crossing my finger that one guy won't target weakness of my party and session him to death...

also these 'increase chance to avoid sword etc' never work! D:

rng always against ya.

zroid

Banned
this... actually might be the most rngy jrpg ive played in ages lol. At later game you can eventually figure out the gear and setup to counter certain bosses, but i feel like most my playthrough im just crossing my finger that one guy won't target weakness of my party and session him to death...

also these 'increase chance to avoid sword etc' never work! D:

rng always against ya.

definitely faithful to Fire Emblem then!

Top Bottom