• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss - |OT| The abyss will gaze back into you.

Dorarnae

haha very cool Doranae wouldnt expect any less from our resident pro DRPGer!

btw doranae i read that if you use the picopico hammer thing you can make a good one apparently. Ill have to try that when i reach that point in the game. The plans to make it isnt too expensive at 15,000 GP cheaper than buying the actual item itself.

yeah starting with the pico hammer is probably the easiest because it's already lvl 40 so it'll reroll an item around that lvl. I didn't have 150k to spend (but will soon). so I took a lvl 3o ish item (rank A chest started appearing...) and gamble til it got a bit higher everytime.
it seems a bit harder in this one(compared to meikyuu) I think, seems to often give a lower lvl item.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
bah I wamted something else but actually got another muramasa lol.

lol time to double up and wreck shit!

im glad that this game allows for multiple uniques, its what helps break the balance too lol

though what really seems to tip the scales are also having a good balance of backup characters with standard weapons tailored towards the enemy type of a specific area. Such as in babel for example having proper weapons to deal more damage to those irritating
未知 enemies that populate the area.

one problem I have is I keep forgetting to use my codes at the start of battle...

since in some fights most def having a first attack to clear out at least a single row is a huge help when there is like 3 rows to plow through to get to the final irritating enemy in the waaaay back. 1 turn can make all the difference in the world if your luck is bad lol

Dorarnae

lol time to double up and wreck shit!

im glad that this game allows for multiple uniques, its what helps break the balance too lol

though what really seems to tip the scales are also having a good balance of backup characters with standard weapons tailored towards the enemy type of a specific area. Such as in babel for example having proper weapons to deal more damage to those irritating
未知 enemies that populate the area.

one problem I have is I keep forgetting to use my codes at the start of battle...

since in some fights most def having a first attack to clear out at least a single row is a huge help when there is like 3 rows to plow through to get to the final irritating enemy in the waaaay back. 1 turn can make all the difference in the world if your luck is bad lol

overall it wasn't too bad but I had to use the energy plug in it's called I think? it's against ghost/slime things, those were getting annoying at the end of ''code hazard''.

on the second part of the game, I was doing pretty good in the beginning but I kind of went a bit too fast. I should of spent more time farming. I am getting some new gear(need more though) but I definatly don't have enough material to upgrade everything and I was and probably still am a bit underleveled.
So I had to lower the lvl meter a bit to kill some boss. but now that rank A chest started to drop, I'll probably spend some time farming.

CrovaxPSO

I was getting pissed since I still cant find the 2nd drill type wanted enemy. Found the first one but not the 2nd wtf. D:

I forget which is which. The one that gives me trouble is the really big dark one. The medium sized silver ones are a little annoying but I can kill them without much trouble. The really big one seems to always one shot someone in the back row before I can kill it.

Parakeetman

I forget which is which. The one that gives me trouble is the really big dark one. The medium sized silver ones are a little annoying but I can kill them without much trouble. The really big one seems to always one shot someone in the back row before I can kill it.

Yeah I cant find the larger one. The medium sized ones one shot too thankfully the chance of it happening isnt that bad.

Its crazy since Ive wandered everywhere with max gauge + the +5 lv up item and nothing. Wonder if I need to find a specific location initially. I should check the wiki...

Im slowly building up a good collection of keys thanks to the runs though. Need a ton of cash too since those map items are expensive as fuck. thank god the store doesnt run out of them...

CrovaxPSO

Yeah I cant find the larger one. The medium sized ones one shot too thankfully the chance of it happening isnt that bad.

Its crazy since Ive wandered everywhere with max gauge + the +5 lv up item and nothing. Wonder if I need to find a specific location initially. I should check the wiki...

I ran into them the first time on the area of Babelsphere that's to the north of the area you start in, I'll check ingame for what the area is called, give me a minute.

Okay, it's Babelsphere N1, where the rows go back and forth with little areas to the north all over the place.

Parakeetman

I ran into them the first time on the area of Babelsphere that's to the north of the area you start in, I'll check ingame for what the area is called, give me a minute.

Ah ok thats the one that is like a semi maze made up of horizontal sections with identical hallways w/ some dark room halls leading to the next section. yeah its crazy Ive spent an hour in there and nothing. D: since i got it fully mapped i guess its just all luck perhaps. D:

the bottom side is the one with the rotation panels that warps to another room with dual double spiral sections right side has the switch and left side has another locked away portal w/ one side door that leads to the opposite side with the switch.

CrovaxPSO

Finally, even better than I was hoping for!

zeAJxiC.jpg

Parakeetman

Yeah, a B rank code chip on floor N2.

Ive noticed that with the chips in general all the rank really means is that items from that level are included in it, but you still can get trash items from it lol. Was so sad getting kung fu pants and some shitty arrow from a B code. D:

Kept clearing my inventory on purpose to check this. I think it just opens the loot table up further perhaps?

CrovaxPSO

Ive noticed that with the chips in general all the rank really means is that items from that level are included in it, but you still can get trash items from it lol. Was so sad getting kung fu pants and some shitty arrow from a B code. D:

Kept clearing my inventory on purpose to check this. I think it just opens the loot table up further perhaps?

Yeah, that sounds right. I also got a rare lv12 back armor "Devils Wing" for casters, has wizard stats though.

Huh, also found a lv15 rare Muramasa but the name is in katakana. Is this one that I can turn into the "MURAMASA"?

Parakeetman

Yeah, that sounds right. I also got a rare lv12 back armor "Devils Wing" for casters, has wizard stats though.

Huh, also found a lv15 rare Muramasa but the name is in katakana. Is this one that I can turn into the "MURAMASA"?

thats interesting wonder if its a fake muramasa lol. would have to check on the wiki for that.

oh nice id like to find that devils wing armor since my low level rare one isnt cutting it.

man that thing is so much nicer than the lv 11 rares I got plus no negative stats for vs. enemy types on it.

http://www.spoiler.jp/srv/abyss/index.php?武器/カタナ・ランス

apparently you can try to reroll unique stats by turning it into a source code and combining with a cheap weapon then dismantling it which splits the two back into separate weapons though the problem is you will use up a lot of GP this way.

Seems like this game doesnt have the sub blood system, so that kinda takes some pressure off thinking i should lv up a characters other blood codes.

CrovaxPSO

thats interesting wonder if its a fake muramasa lol. would have to check on the wiki for that.

oh nice id like to find that devils wing armor since my low level rare one isnt cutting it.

man that thing is so much nicer than the lv 11 rares I got plus no negative stats for vs. enemy types on it.

http://www.spoiler.jp/srv/abyss/index.php?武器/カタナ・ランス

Yeah, I didn't look too long at it since I have no samurai still but it looked pretty good. I also found a really good looking monk head piece, but no monk either... Gonna just keep farming for tonight but tomorrow I'll probably start bringing up those two classes since I have so much good stuff for them haha.

Parakeetman

Yeah, I didn't look too long at it since I have no samurai still but it looked pretty good. I also found a really good looking monk head piece, but no monk either... Gonna just keep farming for tonight but tomorrow I'll probably start bringing up those two classes since I have so much good stuff for them haha.

I have a bunch of crazy assassin stuff but no assassin yet lol.

I think we can have up to 24 total?

CrovaxPSO

I have a bunch of crazy assassin stuff but no assassin yet lol.

I think we can have up to 24 total?

It's a bummer not having access to the portraits DLC since there's really only 1 portrait per class (not counting color swaps). At least Demon Gaze had two per class I think. Gonna have some duplicate looking characters.

Parakeetman

It's a bummer not having access to the portraits DLC since there's really only 1 portrait per class (not counting color swaps). At least Demon Gaze had two per class I think. Gonna have some duplicate looking characters.

Yeah thats the one unfortunate thing. Having both the LE DLC + the Famitsu one really helped. Though still some classes were missing... D:

I suppose on the upside could always play in classic mode but then you would get burnt out when crossblood infinity ultimate comes out if you do that haha

CrovaxPSO

Yeah thats the one unfortunate thing. Having both the LE DLC + the Famitsu one really helped. Though still some classes were missing... D:

I suppose on the upside could always play in classic mode but then you would get burnt out when crossblood infinity ultimate comes out if you do that haha

I don't know if I'll get Ultimate. I never finished Infinity so I might just go back to that after this. I do like the new cover art though...

Just found a rare lance that only knights can use. Probably not worth dropping a shield to use though.

Parakeetman

I don't know if I'll get Ultimate. I never finished Infinity so I might just go back to that after this. I do like the new cover art though...

Just found a rare lance that only knights can use. Probably not worth dropping a shield to use though.

Id imagine a whole front row of knights would be amusing. not sure if you would hit anything, but amusing none the less.

yeah I have something similar and thought the same thing since mine is tailored to defense rather than actually attacking.

Im getting ultimate for the extra content. Plus i never saw the students of round crossover though i do understand thats in infinity also.

CrovaxPSO

Hit level 15 cap so I think I'll start on the next part of the quest in the TPF Kingdom area. Got a couple more small upgrades and a few more rare samurai items, the game is trying to tell me something.

Here's my party stats for posterity. Healer and scholar have the worst gear, wizard is alright with a few good pieces. Archer and knight have a lot of new stuff, fighter is using an old weapon still. I need ゲノムII to upgrade a lot of stuff but don't have enough.

Parakeetman

Hit level 15 cap so I think I'll start on the next part of the quest in the TPF Kingdom area. Got a couple more small upgrades and a few more rare samurai items, the game is trying to tell me something.

Here's my party stats for posterity. Healer and scholar have the worst gear, wizard is alright with a few good pieces. Archer and knight have a lot of new stuff, fighter is using an old weapon still. I need ゲノムII to upgrade a lot of stuff but don't have enough.

I still cant find that drill D: WTS

thanks to this I almost have my 2nd party all to lv 15 now lol.

lots of your characters seem to have more points than mine looks like you got them set up pretty good!

Finally found and killed it in S3 but jesus christ lost 2 people in the process a 3rd was already dead before the battle started. Thing was lv 25 to me lol

I feel kinda weird returning to my "normal" party and having to remove my 2nd samurai, since when its balls to the wall time I have both of them use the 2nd skill and see who dies first. Usually comes out with us winning, but man if luck is bad near dead is usually what happens to them after.

Dorarnae

nah, there's just many muramasa in the game hehe. a lvl 15 one, one at lvl 40 then another one at 80 and meikyuu cross blood added a new one at 90 lol.
wonder if it had to do with their company name in the past ''team muramasa''.

Parakeetman

nah, there's just many muramasa in the game hehe. a lvl 15 one, one at lvl 40 then another one at 80 and meikyuu cross blood added a new one at 90 lol.
wonder if it had to do with their company name in the past ''team muramasa''.

Team muramasa still exists, its the name of the dev team actually lol. They are just still under Experience Inc is what it is. Dont think the guys ever dropped the name.

Parakeetman

ahhh ok. I thought it was exp inc. now.

They just dont talk about it too much it seems, since pretty much they are still a single entity from what I understand its really odd lol. Some of the team members still seem to refer to themselves as that.

CrovaxPSO

I found a rare head armor for scholar, but it's male only. I was able to equip it on my female scholar but the name shows up in purple and I can't remove it without paying money in the bug decode or whatever menu. How exactly does this work? Do I just not get the stats from wearing it since it's male only or something?

BVYPO7L.jpg

Dorarnae

I found a rare head armor for scholar, but it's male only. I was able to equip it on my female scholar but the name shows up in purple and I can't remove it without paying money in the bug decode or whatever menu. How exactly does this work? Do I just not get the stats from wearing it since it's male only or something?

I guess your character is cursed. but how exactly it works in this one, I have no idea :S
I know in elminage it was like having your character with fear...dunno for other dungeon crawler.

Parakeetman

BVYPO7L.jpg
id have to look at the wiki. since am unsure myself

CrovaxPSO

I've also been wondering about the spells like En-Mana Guard or En-Psy Guard. If you cast those does it basically give you permanent Mana/Psy Guard while the spells are active? That would mean there's no reason to cast the regular spells anymore, which seems unlikely.

Dorarnae

I've also been wondering about the spells like En-Mana Guard or En-Psy Guard. If you cast those does it basically give you permanent Mana/Psy Guard while the spells are active? That would mean there's no reason to cast the regular spells anymore, which seems unlikely.

usually you have a buff(icons on the top of your screen) that stay until you exit the dungeon. the other buff that are battle only are stackable.

Parakeetman

actually it helps as the effects stack. granted still all pt damage and insta kill stuff are still bad its worth using the buffs to the best of your abilities

wiki didnt have any info on cursed stuff unfortunately

CrovaxPSO

usually you have a buff(icons on the top of your screen) that stay until you exit the dungeon. the other buff that are battle only are stackable.

actually it helps as the effects stack. granted still all pt damage and insta kill stuff are still bad its worth using the buffs to the best of your abilities

wiki didnt have any info on cursed stuff unfortunately

Cool, didn't know they stacked. I've been using all of those buffs except the Chain one unless I'm farming.

Parakeetman

Cool, didn't know they stacked. I've been using all of those buffs except the Chain one unless I'm farming.

yeah that most def is the way to go but anti magic panels make me sad lol

same goes for debuffs too you can stack them on an enemy

CrovaxPSO

Anything important to do before starting the 2nd half of the game? I didn't fully explore the last couple of areas in Babelsphere because those stupid drills keep showing up and I just wanted to get out of there.

Dorarnae

Anything important to do before starting the 2nd half of the game? I didn't fully explore the last couple of areas in Babelsphere because those stupid drills keep showing up and I just wanted to get out of there.

just make sure you've complete all your quest, because you won't be able to return to those map later...

Parakeetman

Im so tempted just to force my way through the 2nd part since this level cap is pissing me off how much exp is wasted. lol

Dorarnae

Im so tempted just to force my way through the 2nd part since this level cap is pissing me off how much exp is wasted. lol

yeah same for me, couldn't wait to raise the cap and I thought there would be lvl 70 items, but looks like it stop at lvl 40. I've just unlock the lvl cap so I can lvl to 99 but there's no quest left, there's probably something somewhere....I'll get the remaining trophy for now

CrovaxPSO

just make sure you've complete all your quest, because you won't be able to return to those map later...

The only two quests left are the one where you can call in to check the level of an area and the one for the girl who always wants the curry item. I don't think there's a way to actually complete those two, but I could be wrong.

My playtime at the end of the first part is just about 24 hours.

Dorarnae

The only two quests left are the one where you can call in to check the level of an area and the one for the girl who always wants the curry item. I don't think there's a way to actually complete those two, but I could be wrong.

My playtime at the end of the first part is just about 24 hours.

yeah those quest are repeatable.

CrovaxPSO

First floor of the first dungeon in part 2 and one of my characters already has some kind of curse on them that lowers their stats. The real fun starts here!

Top Bottom