• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss - |OT| The abyss will gaze back into you.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
There's an unboxing of the LE on Youtube now for anyone still interested in seeing it. Paging Shizuka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWlu1SyitoQ

Its hilarious I have like 48 hours put into the game 46 of those being lv 15 the whole time and just getting a ton of items and leveling up the other characters I had. Its too bad I couldnt gain access to the summoner then. D: I just looked at my stats again now. Almost to 10k kills though :D

CrovaxPSO

Its hilarious I have like 48 hours put into the game 46 of those being lv 15 the whole time and just getting a ton of items and leveling up the other characters I had. Its too bad I couldnt gain access to the summoner then. D: I just looked at my stats again now. Almost to 10k kills though :D

Haha, crazy. I thought about doing some more farming but since I was level capped I kind of wanted to just start earning exp again. I rarely bother with platinum trophies but I think I'll go for it in this since it doesn't seem too bad. For me just lots of extra grinding for 3000 battles. And maybe gambling to get the rare plug-ins, unless there's another way to get them.

Parakeetman

Haha, crazy. I thought about doing some more farming but since I was level capped I kind of wanted to just start earning exp again. I rarely bother with platinum trophies but I think I'll go for it in this since it doesn't seem too bad. For me just lots of extra grinding for 3000 battles. And maybe gambling to get the rare plug-ins, unless there's another way to get them.

One thing for sure is that even after 40 hours I still have not found all of the lv 1-20 items since I keep finding new rares now and then making me go holy shit this game really does have an insane amount of items. Though Im fearing for the higher level stuff to upgrade them. As already with my massive amounts of junk I have now I still have problems with stuff that requires the genom type of material. D: The standard mats have a good amount of stuff to last for a while though.

Need to get more keys also.

Got a few gamble codes will mess with them later on. One thing for sure is this game is a loot fiends dream.

CrovaxPSO

One thing for sure is that even after 40 hours I still have not found all of the lv 1-20 items since I keep finding new rares now and then making me go holy shit this game really does have an insane amount of items. Though Im fearing for the higher level stuff to upgrade them. As already with my massive amounts of junk I have now I still have problems with stuff that requires the genom type of material. D: The standard mats have a good amount of stuff to last for a while though.

Need to get more keys also.

Got a few gamble codes will mess with them later on. One thing for sure is this game is a loot fiends dream.

Yeah, I found Excalibur which I thought was cool enough to tweet a picture of, but then yesterday found Excalibur II which looks way cooler.

I need a bunch of Genome materials too, since one of the trophies requires you to craft some items that need level III. I only have a handful of level II so I'll need to farm for that as well.

Parakeetman

Yeah, I found Excalibur which I thought was cool enough to tweet a picture of, but then yesterday found Excalibur II which looks way cooler.

lol nice. yeah its crazy how the next rank up items are a ton better than maxed out lower level ones. I ditched my mega shield for a shield II which I had found in babel. Granted I lose some of the extra perks, the def and no accuracy deduction makes it worth it.

CrovaxPSO

lol man i dont think im anywhere near that. If anything the closest Ive made is maybe 90k

I have no idea how much is from battles and how much is from selling stuff. For a long time I forgot that the scholar can decode items, so I was spending money on that for most of the game as well, haha.

Parakeetman

I have no idea how much is from battles and how much is from selling stuff. For a long time I forgot that the scholar can decode items, so I was spending money on that for most of the game as well, haha.

I actually havent sold anything for the most part since dont think Ill ever be able to fill up my inventory, so most of my cash has come from thrashing things in Babel as you can get pretty good $$$ quickly with 2 samurai around to wipe rows out fast.

But keep blowing all my cash on upgrades / breaking apart things for resources.

Am currently trying to save up for that 100,000 item forgot what it was called though. Pandora something

CrovaxPSO

Oh man, one of the post-game bosses is tough. Definitely need to grind some levels and new gear I think. I'll probably use up the gamble codes I have for some new high level stuff since I'm still using items from the last time I gambled a bunch (around lv20, party is lv30 now).

Dorarnae

Oh man, one of the post-game bosses is tough. Definitely need to grind some levels and new gear I think. I'll probably use up the gamble codes I have for some new high level stuff since I'm still using items from the last time I gambled a bunch (around lv20, party is lv30 now).

yeah they're crazy. but if you can cast open pandora with your wizard and have the defense buff, it becomes much easier.

Parakeetman

yeah they're crazy. but if you can cast open pandora with your wizard and have the defense buff, it becomes much easier.

btw did you buy that expensive item in the shop? tge 100,000 gp one? thats open pandora right?

CrovaxPSO

Where do you think is the best place to grind for exp/loot is in the post-game? I spent a while in TPF Kingdom but was getting really low level loot for some reason it seemed like.

Dorarnae

Where do you think is the best place to grind for exp/loot is in the post-game? I spent a while in TPF Kingdom but was getting really low level loot for some reason it seemed like.

babel last floor if you have acces to it (C24)
or C6 I tihnk is good enough(where you had the story event), you can get rank A chest. maybe just need to run away from that dragon...
there's some monster that always ask you if you want to attack them or....I was a bit scared at first because I thought this would change my alignment if I attacked them, like some other dungeon crawler. but it doesn't seem to do anything in this one.

CrovaxPSO

babel last floor if you have acces to it (C24)
or C6 I tihnk is good enough(where you had the story event), you can get rank A chest. maybe just need to run away from that dragon...
there's some monster that always ask you if you want to attack them or....I was a bit scared at first because I thought this would change my alignment if I attacked them, like some other dungeon crawler. but it doesn't seem to do anything in this one.

I didn't even notice I had a new floor open there, I can go to C12 now. Already finding better stuff and stronger enemies here. I did the first of the new main story quests but it was pretty short and kind of easy. Second one is the tough one.

Dorarnae

I didn't even notice I had a new floor open there, I can go to C12 now. Already finding better stuff and stronger enemies here. I did the first of the new main story quests but it was pretty short and kind of easy. Second one is the tough one.

you'll probably see a place with anti magic tile and water and one way...you'll need items with float to pass that section.

Parakeetman

you'll probably see a place with anti magic tile and water and one way...you'll need items with float to pass that section.

that reminds me in the first part of the game i forgot to explore that section only accessible with float capable accessories am sure didnt miss much since no quests related to it

CrovaxPSO

Do the useable items that give float work over anti-magic tiles? I thought I found a "float task" or whatever the rings are called a while ago, but when I tried it out it didn't seem to give float.

Parakeetman

Do the useable items that give float work over anti-magic tiles? I thought I found a "float task" or whatever the rings are called a while ago, but when I tried it out it didn't seem to give float.

ah the useable items get cancelled out too but equipment with the ability work

or should work...

ok just tested it for example the scholars machine wing accessory works. hit a shock tile 10/10 times all times he was the only one who didnt take damage

since am in 2nd part of the game dont have a map to test antimagic panels

CrovaxPSO

This is the only item I have that says float anywhere on it. Equipping it doesn't seem to do anything.

hda0x6x.jpg

Edit: Ohhh, so each character needs one. Should have known.

Double edit: Looks like I already have items with it on knight, wizard, scholar, and healer. I'll just get another ring to use for archer and fighter.

Parakeetman

This is the only item I have that says float anywhere on it. Equipping it doesn't seem to do anything.

hda0x6x.jpg

Edit: Ohhh, so each character needs one. Should have known.

Double edit: Looks like I already have items with it on knight, wizard, scholar, and healer. I'll just get another ring to use for archer and fighter.

yeah thats the hard part getting the whole party kitted out with em lol

CrovaxPSO

yeah thats the hard part getting the whole party kitted out with em lol

I actually just found out that selling and re-buying this ring アミュレタスク changes the stats each time, and sometimes it has float on it. So I just rerolled it until I got one with float and good stats for either archer or fighter, didn't take long to get one with AGI and VIT with float, so I'll give that to the archer and use the plain float one for fighter. I already had another of these rings with VIT STR and SPI with float that I gave to my knight a while ago.

The three casters in back already have wing back armor so they're good to go.

That limited edition... *A*

It's really nice in person. Almost certainly wouldn't have happened without support from the new publisher, since the box itself is pretty high quality, and the art book is very nice as well. Definitely not something I could see Experience doing on their own or even with help from Cyberfront.

Parakeetman

I actually just found out that selling and re-buying this ring アミュレタスク changes the stats each time, and sometimes it has float on it. So I just rerolled it until I got one with float and good stats for either archer or fighter, didn't take long to get one with AGI and VIT with float, so I'll give that to the archer and use the plain float one for fighter. I already had another of these rings with VIT STR and SPI with float that I gave to my knight a while ago.

It's really nice in person. Almost certainly wouldn't have happened without support from the new publisher, since the box itself is pretty high quality, and the art book is very nice as well. Definitely not something I could see Experience doing on their own or even with help from Cyberfront.

if you turn the item into a source object combine it with another then break it apart again it has a similar effect for rerolling stats as you described with buy, sell.

yeah mages, 5pb seems to be into oversized boxes from hell lol. my phantom breaker vita was the same cept they didnt include a physical ver which was a shame.

CrovaxPSO

if you turn the item into a source object combine it with another then break it apart again it has a similar effect for rerolling stats as you described with buy, sell.

yeah mages, 5pb seems to be into oversized boxes from hell lol. my phantom breaker vita was the same cept they didnt include a physical ver which was a shame.

Ah, that's probably cheaper than selling and buying since it costs like 3700 to buy and only 800 from selling.

Shizuka

Same for Kadokawa. Demon Gaze didn't get a limited edition in Japan.

Dorarnae

I went there with 3 character, I only had 3 items with float, so I teleported, pass that section and teleported back to go get the other member.

Dorarnae

btw, one spell I liked at the end was ''restrict range'' with the scolar. it kind of get crazy with all the monster on each row, so this help quite a bit, until you can land the def buff with open pandora.

and the union skill that boost magic defense is really nice too.
after that you're pretty much invisible as long as you can keep your buff up, which isnt much of a problem with one of the healer spell...

Parakeetman

btw, one spell I liked at the end was ''restrict range'' with the scolar. it kind of get crazy with all the monster on each row, so this help quite a bit, until you can land the def buff with open pandora.

and the union skill that boost magic defense is really nice too.
after that you're pretty much invisible as long as you can keep your buff up, which isnt much of a problem with one of the healer spell...

with a samurai in the party and multiple enemies so easy to keep the bar high lol plus brain spike with the scholar and am good to go!

Parakeetman

Those dragons are so frustrating. Can't damage them enough before they spawn more little enemies and heal themselves.

man I cant wait to get there. since I can lv up more I can work on making my samurai build to use more of the 2nd skill instead of the multiple target one as shes the main damage dealer with that. Only problem is if I have bad luck she can die in the middle of it lol.

CrovaxPSO

man I cant wait to get there. since I can lv up more I can work on making my samurai build to use more of the 2nd skill instead of the multiple target one as shes the main damage dealer with that. Only problem is if I have bad luck she can die in the middle of it lol.

I still haven't leveled up a samurai but I think I really should now, my archer's damage seems to not be that good at all even though she has some of the best gear of my whole party. Might need to replace the plug-in on the bow and see if that helps. The problem is the fights last so long against these dragon enemies and eventually my knight gets dazed and can't use Aegis for one turn, and then one or two other members get one shot.

Parakeetman

I still haven't leveled up a samurai but I think I really should now, my archer's damage seems to not be that good at all even though she has some of the best gear of my whole party. Might need to replace the plug-in on the bow and see if that helps. The problem is the fights last so long against these dragon enemies and eventually my knight gets dazed and can't use Aegis for one turn, and then one or two other members get one shot.

My samurai is made kinda like a glass cannon currently, but might up the vit a bit more so she can take more hits when using the 2nd skill for single targets. Its seriously such a risky move but Ive killed so many of those wanted monsters with it by just doing an obscene amount of damage at once from the multiple hits. Esp if you are using 2 weapons that have a high number of attack ratings think those get added in too.

Goldman got roflstomped when I fought him the 2nd time was hilarious he didnt even get his second turn pretty much thanks to that. Once I made it through all of those irritating little ones that are set up infront of him. Though they helped keep the gauge full to keep doing the first strike skill constantly. Finally got the lv 2 first strike skill which gives me 2 turns instead of one though uses up 16 points on my gauge.

Dorarnae

can always use the wizard buff that increase melee dmg... dont they have pierce?

CrovaxPSO

can always use the wizard buff that increase melee dmg... dont they have pierce?

Yeah, even buffed it still seems kind of low. I think I might just need to grind a bit before I even try farming on C12, because I still just see too many random one shots even with Aegis.

Just ran into a dragon that got first attack and killed three of my party right away, this is at gauge level 1 also. So cruel.

Alright, managed to beat a dragon on C6 but it was still tough. Probably need to stay here for a while before going back down to C12.

Hmm, leveled up but when I try to increase my archer's agility it says something about it being too high. I assume I need to put the point somewhere else so I don't just totally put everything into AGI? First time ever seeing this message.

I think I made a huge mistake and thought archers got their damage from agility, but now I think they get it from strength like everyone else. Not sure why I thought they got it from agility... Uh oh.

Parakeetman

Yeah, even buffed it still seems kind of low. I think I might just need to grind a bit before I even try farming on C12, because I still just see too many random one shots even with Aegis.

Just ran into a dragon that got first attack and killed three of my party right away, this is at gauge level 1 also. So cruel.

Alright, managed to beat a dragon on C6 but it was still tough. Probably need to stay here for a while before going back down to C12.

Hmm, leveled up but when I try to increase my archer's agility it says something about it being too high. I assume I need to put the point somewhere else so I don't just totally put everything into AGI? First time ever seeing this message.

I think I made a huge mistake and thought archers got their damage from agility, but now I think they get it from strength like everyone else. Not sure why I thought they got it from agility... Uh oh.

Agility raises like the off hand damage I do believe along with dodge, accuracy and turn speed. Its kinda weird my assassin she does a lot of damage even though her STR is low not sure why though.

CrovaxPSO

Agility raises like the off hand damage I do believe along with dodge, accuracy and turn speed.

Yeah... I was certain that archers got main damage from agility, no idea why I thought that. This character is pretty much ruined, not a single point in strength, haha. Oh well, now is the time to make that samurai!

Parakeetman

Yeah... I was certain that archers got main damage from agility, no idea why I thought that. This character is pretty much ruined, not a single point in strength, haha. Oh well, now is the time to make that samurai!

You will stress out over the samurai like I am lol. Since not 100% sure how I want to balance it yet... lol.

Though since she dual wields and needs to dodge a lot been putting points into AGI and STR ignored VIT a bit. Though starting to regret that so might put more into it. Most def want your Samurai to always be the one to hit first, since you will be using that multiple target attack so much.

I actually have 2 samurai though lol. One is faster than the other, think its because I managed to roll a high number with her.

Use both of them along with my warrior and go on a rampage in Babel.

武 戦 武
聖 暗 学

is what my loot run party looks like.

CrovaxPSO

You will stress out over the samurai like I am lol. Since not 100% sure how I want to balance it yet... lol.

Though since she dual wields and needs to dodge a lot been putting points into AGI and STR ignored VIT a bit. Though starting to regret that so might put more into it. Most def want your Samurai to always be the one to hit first, since you will be using that multiple target attack so much.

I actually have 2 samurai though lol. One is faster than the other, think its because I managed to roll a high number with her.

I'm wondering if I should try out monk instead, since that's what I wanted to go with at the start but the blood code wasn't available. Might just level both up at the same time and see which I like.

Parakeetman

I'm wondering if I should try out monk instead, since that's what I wanted to go with at the start but the blood code wasn't available. Might just level both up at the same time and see which I like.

Im highly curious about the summoner since never used it before. The monk too but its weird I wonder how are they supposed to be useful if their fist weapons seem to have such low damage and # of attacks per turn. D:

Usually monks have an obscene amount of attacks per turn which makes up for their lack in defensive capabiites. Like the monk in elminage was INSANE

I think Ill do that right now.

Gonna take off the level cap release item from my knight and put it on a lv 1 monk then stick 2 berserk knuckles on him if I can lol his HP will go backwards each turn :D I think I have some special monk armor too that I found. Still I think the most rare pieces I have for any class would be the assassin for whatever reason

dkoy

Question: Is the artist for this the same as demon gaze? Both have amazing art. And any hint at all of a localisation by NISA? Have they even acknowledged this game's existence? Yeah I'm kind of grasping at straws here.

Parakeetman

Question: Is the artist for this the same as demon gaze? Both have amazing art. And any hint at all of a localisation by NISA? Have they even acknowledged this game's existence? Yeah I'm kind of grasping at straws here.

yes same art team.

no word on localization yet

though have talked with the producer and they would hope to have this localized is what he said.

CrovaxPSO

Getting the message that a stat is too high when I try to increase my knight's VIT now. Is it as high as it will ever get now, or do I just need to increase something else first, I wonder.

Parakeetman

Getting the message that a stat is too high when I try to increase my knight's VIT now. Is it as high as it will ever get now, or do I just need to increase something else first, I wonder.

Can you take a SS of the message? Also whats the number at? Since Im pretty sure that there is a max stats number.

Top Bottom