• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters [OT] Love is kinda crazy with a spooky girl like you.

cj_iwakura

I still don't fully get the emotion system. All I really understand is how to apply sight and touch. Using taste seems like a gamble, even though I just want to talk.

I still don't fully get the emotion system. All I really understand is how to apply sight and touch. Using taste seems like a gamble, even though I just want to talk.

I ended up sticking with a few combinations that I knew what they meant. I very rarely used taste or smell and ended up giving a lot of friendly handshakes or gazes.

Tapejara

Really enjoying the emotion system so far. It's fun to play around with and piece together what certain actions will lead to.

cj_iwakura

I agree. I got to 76%, then decided I needed a break. Going to have to play through a third time to get my handbook complete.

How hard are the confessions to get?

Also, be sure to check the manual for extra stuff. I didn't even know you could talk to people at the office(Triangle).

Shizuka

I'll be sharing a few screenshots of this game on the portable screenshots topic. Also, playing this on my PSTV since I read a few complaints regarding the tiny font size.

Stanng243

How hard are the confessions to get?

Also, be sure to check the manual for extra stuff. I didn't even know you could talk to people at the office(Triangle).

Yeah, I learned that in this thread about talking to people. It wasn't that hard. Just pick a person and say what you think they like. You need to get all the people to join your team, some are rather hard to do, and there is some good guides out there for it. I didn't use a guide until my 2nd play through.

Shizuka

Share them here too! I haven't seen the PSV version yet.

Here you go:

sNG0tRz.jpg

WrVEk5U.jpg

IVWE1hg.jpg

Weird that they use the R button to advance text, I'm used to X or O.

Shizuka

Just finished the game. Definitely better than I expected, it was a wild ride and I enjoyed every minute of it. I don't know if I'll go for the second playthrough and get the opposite ending, maybe I'll take a break.

Kayama bros ending, because why not? It was tame, I expected a little action. At least I got the ending I wanted, I'm happy.

cj_iwakura

Day 6's battle is really souring me on the game. It's just too frustrating to find the ghosts, and the board game is no easier.

Shizuka

Day 6's battle is really souring me on the game. It's just too frustrating to find the ghosts, and the board game is no easier.

Try to get a weapon with a bigger range and move your characters as in every tile that the enemy is moving is targeted by one of them.

Money isn't that important in this game, don't be afraid to put down a ton of detectors on the map. Or to hem in enemies with salt.

And I can't remember if you are far enough in to teach your main character eagle eye, but do that once you recruit the character that has that skill.

I really like this game and I think that it is unfortunate that BM made his video before he knew about how the different systems/mechanics works in the game.

Anyway, I have two questions:

How do I unlock more slots for skills?

How do I raise AP on the other people than the MC?

Dot-N-Run

I really like this game and I think that it is unfortunate that BM made his video before he knew about how the different systems/mechanics works in the game.

Anyway, I have two questions:

How do I unlock more slots for skills?

How do I raise AP on the other people than the MC?

To unlock more slots for skills you need to train on the whiteboard with friends to level up your Planning. Note that "Plan" and "Planning" are two completely separate things so don't confuse the two. I believe training with Shiga is the best way to level it up.

Sadly, you can't raise AP on the other characters. All you can do is level them up and wait for them to decide to get points into INT.

Sadly, you can't raise AP on the other characters. All you can do is level them up and wait for them to decide to get points into INT.

Thank you for the quick response, I think I understand the whiteboard now but that lead me to a new question. Do they get points when I level them up through whiteboard, board game and regular missions or is it only through missions?

cj_iwakura

Yeah, the day 6 boss is just a giant 'eff you, take paralysis preempts and die'.

Shoot That Crimson Sky is the best battle BGM, though.

So how long does it take to finish the game? I already bought it for Vita but I'd like to know how long it'll take it to finish before I start it.

GLuigi

So how long does it take to finish the game? I already bought it for Vita but I'd like to know how long it'll take it to finish before I start it.

It took me around 14 hours to finish the game once, and that was with me doing 5-7 side quests almost each chapter.

cj_iwakura

Matsu Kayama has an awesome design. Count on this artist to make a classy lady.

Also, Aksys' editing team was on their A-Game. Very well personalized script.

i'm on the boss of mission 9..
and i'll finish the game just because i hate dropping a game once i start..
the episodic idea was decent, though it never really flew off.. so story, meh...
ost is really forgettable..
art is decent..
battle system is pure trash :) srpg with going by chance with both moving at the same time, and adding the collision system "on the same spot" that will make you loose by default...
frankly at this moment i don't see any "strategy" in this game whatsover, to avoid any headache i'll just grind 8-10 "side quest" (what a joke.. call them random battle at least...) per chapter (which is something.. if i have to grind to keep up with the peace at all, the game is badly paced...)..
bought hoping for a decent game, but at this point i can't really figure how some point gave this 60-65% score, this is easily in the flood of mediocrity for me...

Shizuka

i'm on the boss of mission 9..
and i'll finish the game just because i hate dropping a game once i start..
the episodic idea was decent, though it never really flew off.. so story, meh...
ost is really forgettable..
art is decent..
battle system is pure trash :) srpg with going by chance with both moving at the same time, and adding the collision system "on the same spot" that will make you loose by default...
frankly at this moment i don't see any "strategy" in this game whatsover, to avoid any headache i'll just grind 8-10 "side quest" (what a joke.. call them random battle at least...) per chapter (which is something.. if i have to grind to keep up with the peace at all, the game is badly paced...)..
bought hoping for a decent game, but at this point i can't really figure how some point gave this 60-65% score, this is easily in the flood of mediocrity for me...

Cover the enemy's movement path with attacks, that means someone will land a hit no matter where it goes. If it's going towards one of your characters to "collide" or one of the sockets to teleport, even better, since you'll know the trajectory.

Cover the enemy's movement path with attacks, that means someone will land a hit no matter where it goes. If it's going towards one of your characters to "collide" or one of the sockets to teleport, even better, since you'll know the trajectory.

yes but that approach is close to random.. and i don't fancy this kind of useless "approach" :)

cj_iwakura

Just cleared House of the Rising Sun, yikes. Just when I thought I had a good system in place, they bring in
fog of war

Oh well, Yuki's Eagle Eye skill is OP. Give it to the MC ASAP. Show every ghost on the map? Sure, why not.

cj_iwakura

I wish this thread was more active. :( Got the generic ending and I'm not sure why, GFAQs is very inconclusive.

Final boss was fun, at least.
Shiga
so OP.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Didn't even know this has multiple endings. I still haven't continued my playthrough from months ago, I kinda liked the game.

How did you feel about the combat in the end? I remember you complaining about it while you were still early in the game.

cj_iwakura

Didn't even know this has multiple endings. I still haven't continued my playthrough from months ago, I kinda liked the game.

How did you feel about the combat in the end? I remember you complaining about it while you were still early in the game.
Once I learned how to break it, I enjoyed it.

Got all the sixth senses and an actual ending.

Sadoi's.

WTF, after all that time I spent on Mifune? I'm done.

Sadoi's ending is the highest priority one, you sometimes have to actively avoid getting points with him to get someone else's ending.

I was afraid I'd get his, but I ended up being rude to him a bunch in the last 1/3 of the game and avoided it.

cj_iwakura

Sadoi's ending is the highest priority one, you sometimes have to actively avoid getting points with him to get someone else's ending.

I was afraid I'd get his, by I ended up being rude to him a bunch in the last 1/3 of the game and avoided it.

Would have been nice to know that before doing NG+. :p

Shizuka

Arc System Works is developing an updated version of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters—an adventure RPG it launched for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in Japan in 2014 and a year later in North America and Europe—for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals.

Titled Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai: Daybreak Special Gigs, the updated version of the game offers a “great number” of new elements, including refined battle system and newly written episode(s).

Daybreak Special Gigs is due out in Japan in November.

Source: Gematsu.

As one of the seven people that finished the game in the West, I have to say that I'd definitely buy a sequel, but not an updated version.

213372bu

Banned

As one of the seven people that finished the game in the West, I have to say that I'd definitely buy a sequel, but not an updated version.

As somebody who got really tired of the game like 3 or 4 missions in, despite playing the board game for hours on end, I have to say there is no salvaging it for the mass market.

Taking aside things like the specific combination of unclear emotions you need for certain flashbacks, (which I learned were for the True End,) seemed off sometimes,) lots of things might stop this from selling well.

Personally, it just go too trope-y and the combat was really stale. I can't say it was that great as a VN, either.

I had my bar set low for this game, but it just couldn't even touch my impossibly low standards. I'm definitely sure people of the masses would think this game is worse than I do, but w/e.

Would help if it had a better OST that didn't just switch up from early 2000's pop instrumentals to butt-rock.

Stanng243

You're so far off on those numbers. PSNProfiles says 11 people have platinumed the game, and 49 have beaten chapter 13. I'm one of the 49, not the 11 yet. I would pay for a PS4 port of this game. It deserves one.

Top Bottom