• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Wonder if there will be any LZ map added around the DZ expansion or if you're expected to run back to DZ06 from 09 when you want to exit. I suppose with the smaller footprint of 07-09 it wouldn't take as long to run to a checkpoint but by no means a quick exit.

You can Fast Travel from DZ Checkpoint to any other DZ Checkpoint with the 1.6 update but you'll lose any contaminated gear in doing so, however, if you're trying to leave the DZ and go back into the LZ then that wouldn't be an issue anyways.

Now that I think about it I bet the addition of DZ North is the main reason for the addition of DZ Checkpoint Fast Travel as there isn't any LZ around the new DZ 7-9 but the need for access to replenish ammo and use your stash was still necessary.

So I guess the PvE news will arrive around noon EST tomorrow? I'm a bit surprised and a little worried they didn't just have complete coverage on both PvE and PvP today with the live video rather than sending the info out in a briefing article just a day later.

Is this worth getting back into? Survival really interests me.

How hard is it to get where the highest level players are?

Not hard to gear up since loot is plenty, would be hard to find players for incursions and end-game stuff though.

Survival is a fun game mode that you can play solo or with a team, but it can get monotonous after a while since apart from your spawn location, nothing else is randomized.

GazzaGSi

You can Fast Travel from DZ Checkpoint to any other DZ Checkpoint with the 1.6 update but you'll lose any contaminated gear in doing so, however, if you're trying to leave the DZ and go back into the LZ then that wouldn't be an issue anyways.

Now that I think about it I bet the addition of DZ North is the main reason for the addition of DZ Checkpoint Fast Travel as there isn't any LZ around the new DZ 7-9 but the need for access to replenish ammo and use your stash was still necessary.

So I guess the PvE news will arrive around noon EST tomorrow? I'm a bit surprised and a little worried they didn't just have complete coverage on both PvE and PvP today with the live video rather than sending the info out in a briefing article just a day later.

So there is checkpoints in 7-9?
I know there's fast travelling between checkpoints but I wasn't sure if the most northern checkpoints were what we have now, DZ06.
Bit shit going to 09 checkpoint to have to travel/load 06 or whichever just to exit. Would've been better with LZ added around 7-9 so you can just exit as we do now.

GazzaGSi

Found the image I was looking for with the DZ07-9 checkpoints and hoping the LZ maybe expanded around these DZ entrances but probably not.
Looks like there may be 1 entrance to and from LZ-DZ in the LMB area but the other 2 will probably just be fast travel locations unfortunately.

WlEsiV6.jpg

The dedicated PvP sounds great, and I'm not really a pvp'er. Less than 5 of my 50 days playtime is PvP stuff.

I wonder how they are going to make it worthwhile for the losing team to stick around though. I doubt a little XP will be enough to make them stay for a hammering.

It's dedicated pvp in the sense that gear may be normalized and you don't lose xp/funds/loot on death.

Plus it will have NPC's that you have to kill to gather shadetech for fortifying your objective, so pve players can focus on that aspect and still enjoy the mode.

Also it seems that there will be more focus on cover based shooting rather than the rolling nonsense that is pvp right now..

GazzaGSi

It's dedicated pvp in the sense that gear may be normalized and you don't lose xp/funds/loot on death.

Plus it will have NPC's that you have to kill to gather shadetech for fortifying your objective, so pve players can focus on that aspect and still enjoy the mode.

Also it seems that there will be more focus on cover based shooting rather than the rolling nonsense that is pvp right now..

You should write their articles, around 30 paragraphs down to 3 sentences covering pretty much all of it lol

Had my best run of Survival this morning, not that it was hard to have a best as it was only my fourth playthrough but was ace.
Lasted 1 hour 42 minutes, all high ends crafted with a fully modded M44 and ACR, lovely rolled ACR with brutal and ferrocious in the free slot :)

Got to the DZ after around 30 minutes, starting south east corner and was just stumbling across so much loot whether it be materials or medicines etc. After 20 minutes or so in the DZ I was the last agent alive so just kept farming until I had 10 minutes left and called the extraction. 2 quick M44 shots dropped the Hunter.

2 problems with it, firstly the timer sucks. I was enjoying survival in the DZ alot more than the main game recently and I could have easily stayed just farming the DZ for another hour as the environment is cool and creepy, being forced to extract and leave sucks. Secondly, I got 1 survival cache in my loot bag. No fucker was dropping any even at the landmarks, dont know what thats all about as I thought named elites only dropped survival caches. My hunter dropped a mod cache ffs c'mon. Not that I really need the loot but would be nice to have the chance of 4 items items rather than 2.

PVE article in 2 hours, hamish just confirmed on the stream so earlier than first stated yesterday on the SoTG.

Edit:
He just let slip there is a nerf to the roll, will go on cooldown. Didnt say how many rolls before cooldown.

GazzaGSi

1.6 article link:

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-282273-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Edit:
Crikey, more changes than I thought. and don't even know where to start!
For AB only the free slot will be active from the second weapon
Complete skill overhaul
Armour rolls on gear are gone, only native armour
Legenary difficulty on 3 missions
Exotic items
New gear set
DZ contaminated events
Status effects altered
New gear set & gear set changes (D3FNC will now offer crit on 4 piece bonus but remove mod)
Talents & Medkits altered
Unlimited recalibration with price cap
New in game store adding vanity items, weapon skins and emotes with new currency

Loads more in the link, alot to digest.

In Update 1.6, the gates in the northern parts of the Dark Zone will open and Dark Zone 7, 8 and 9 will finally become available! While the Dark Zone has never been the most welcoming place in New York, the situation up in Dark Zone 7-9 is especially dire. We don’t want to spoil too much in this article, as we’d rather have you experience the new areas on your own, and there’s a couple of surprises waiting for you in there. In total, these new areas – including all their vertical space, like rooftops and underground locations - almost double the playable size of the current Dark Zone.

Fuck yes!

GazzaGSi

They know coco is weak. They already have his money.

lol :p

I know it happens with every major update whether it's a new gear score or whatever, but im pissed spending 40million on 1 chest piece for a better armour stat for it now to be wiped :(

And someone please tell me if I've missed it, I haven't slept for 24 hours but there is no mention or details on the incursion in the info? I thought that was one of the main things they were talking about for this article...?

Emote example:

BoxingV2_282404.gif

e26.gif

1.6 article link:

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-282273-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Edit:
Crikey, more changes than I thought. and don't even know where to start!
For AB only the free slot will be active from the second weapon
Complete skill overhaul
Armour rolls on gear are gone, only native armour
Legenary difficulty on 3 missions
Exotic items
New gear set
DZ contaminated events
Status effects altered
New gear set & gear set changes (D3FNC will now offer crit on 4 piece bonus but remove mod)
Talents & Medkits altered
Unlimited recalibration with price cap
New in game store adding vanity items, weapon skins and emotes with new currency

Loads more in the link, alot to digest.

I read the article before your edit and, wow, that is a lot to take in but seems like a lot of pretty good changes as well. Sounds like this game is going to play quite differently after this update maybe more so than going from 1.3 to 1.4/5. Definitely will need to experience it to really get a feel for it especially the new armor/health systems.

GazzaGSi

I read the article before your edit and, wow, that is a lot to take in but seems like a lot of pretty good changes as well. Sounds like this game is going to play quite differently after this update maybe more so than going from 1.3 to 1.4/5. Definitely will need to experience it to really get a feel for it especially the new armor/health systems.

I didn't know where to start so just added afew quick one liners.

The only thing I can find on the incursion is it's name: Stolen Signal

LZ wise other than the Legendary on 3 missions so far remains untouched or unannounced.

Reclaimer Gear Set changes...

"The Reclaimer set focuses on the Support Station. Its 4-piece bonus activates all Support Station mods simultaneously. It no longer has an effect on consumables."

"When wearing four pieces, the set will activate all the Support Station mods (Life Support, Immunizer, Ammo Cache) simultaneously. The 2- and 3-piece bonuses will also focus on the Support Station, increasing its range and duration respectively. It will no longer have an effect on consumables."

...this is great from a support build standpoint as before with the removing of stagger from the special ammo effect on NPCs made very little sense and made the set useless. Now it has a completely different focus.

Regarding AlphaBridge, I needed a reason to remove pieces from my stash anyways as I could use the space.

I didn't know where to start so just added afew quick one liners.

The only thing I can find on the incursion is it's name: Stolen Signal

LZ wise other than the Legendary on 3 missions so far remains untouched or unannounced.

Like the sound of the Legendary mission structure/re-tune w/ added Named Bosses and whatnot. I guess I sorta got my Nightfalls in The Division now with the Weekly Rewards.

...and Napalm no less, I've only run 200 times over the last couple weeks trying to get that damn mask.

Don't like the silence on anything else PvE related.

Named weapons/gear now being referred to as Exotics (will now have there own color coding) with there own special talents is also great.

EL CUCO

I hope they keep hush on the Incursion details. Infact, I hope it's not even in the PTS. Let a focus group test it out under NDA. It'll be cool if all platforms could experience the content simultaneously for once.

GazzaGSi

The nerf to the d3fnc set was unnecessary though...this makes me sad :(

Yup me too, i thought that one may slip through untouched.

Hopefully with the additional crit from weapon mods you may still get the same damage output with a pulse but a shame it removes the other assault bonuses as well.

Like the sound of the Legendary mission structure/re-tune w/ added Named Bosses and whatnot. I guess I sorta got my Nightfalls in The Division now with the Weekly Rewards.

Don't like the silence on anything else PvE related.

I guess my only complaint is Warrengate with that already being Challenging mode, it would've been nice to see a Hard mode mission reworked for Legendary.
Will be interesting to see the difficulty spike from Challenging to Legendary.

I think the silence is because there isn't anything else other than Legenadary and the incursion for PVE, they would be mad not to put the details in the article regarding PVE content if there was more to come as that is what alot of people havebeen waiting to read about today after they kept repeating in the SoTG to wait for PVE news in todays article.

I'm also guessing hunters are being thrown in the DZ North with them not specifying much detail on it and wanted to keep 'afew surprises' for people to find out for themselves.

Lanrutcon

Well. uh. I guess 1.7 will fix 1.6?

Also: 100% microtransactions for a transmog system in 2017. Guess the game didn't sell as well as they wanted it to.

EL CUCO

Well. uh. I guess 1.7 will fix 1.6?

Also: 100% microtransactions for a transmog system in 2017. Guess the game didn't sell as well as they wanted it to.
Wasn't it the 3rd best selling game of 2016? Even the free updates cost money to develope. Just ask Bungie and Blizzard 👀

So who's making the thread with the 1.6/LS details? These patch notes always have so much information, it's too much for me to do from mobile 😩
puts out the Nirolak symbol ;P

If I read it correctly all these changes will be retroactive so already acquired Named Weapons will get a new special/specific talent added to it with 1.6 and +armor rolls will turn into Health.

GazzaGSi

while the Tenebrae will have Lights Out (“Destroying an enemy weak point resets skill cooldowns for you and nearby group members")

Like the sound of that.

We’re also introducing Exotic weapon sets, where you need to have two specific Exotic weapons equipped to unlock their talent. For example, the Valkyria is actually being split in two – the Hildr and the Eir, whose talents become active and synergize when you have both equipped.

So if retroactive and you have 2 Valkyria is it luck of the draw if 1 becomes Hildr and one becomes Eir?

Lanrutcon

Wasn't it the 3rd best selling game of 2016? Even the free updates cost money to develope. Just ask Bungie and Blizzard ��

So who's making the thread with the 1.6/LS details? These patch notes always have so much information, it's too much for me to do from mobile ��
puts out the Nirolak symbol ;P

What's broken in 1.6? The PTS isn't even live yet ffs.

Best selling new games IP ever.

Then they really have no excuse to make the transmogs micro only.

Edit: Oh, only saw your question: nothing is broken...yet. But AB wasn't broken, and it's getting nerfed into absolute uselessness. It's a cycle. Whatever is meta in 1.6 will get trashed in 1.7, which will get trashed in 1.8, etc etc. Doesn't much look like they're going for balance, they're just cutting off the tip of the spear every time.

New SEEKR Gear Set...

"We're introducing a new Gear Set, called SEEKR, which will have body shots as its specialty. Its 4-piece bonus will give you a guaranteed critical hit after landing two consecutive shots to the body (which can be spread out across different enemies)."

...this is something.

I think the silence is because there isn't anything else other than Legenadary and the incursion for PVE, they would be mad not to put the details in the article regarding PVE content if there was more to come as that is what alot of people havebeen waiting to read about today after they kept repeating in the SoTG to wait for PVE news in todays article.

If this is the case and it seems logical then I guess at least they say they have more Legendary missions coming down the road but man I'd like to see more stuff like the addition of Hunters to Underground Ops or a Daily/Weekly event where you had to hunt a pair of Hunters in the LZ.

I took on Eagle Squad yesterday solo with my all High-end balanced build (330K DPS, 405K Toughness, 200K Skill Power, 55% Armor Mitigation) and it was pretty fun and entertaining as their a bit more tactical than other enemies. I want more experiences like that.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Some interesting changes for sure. I like the normalization. And also the skill power changes. It really was weird to me that everyone ended up being jack of all trades. They really need to focus on differentiating roles so teams play mixed styles.

Mullah88

Alpha Bridge ahahahahaha

die die die

They know coco is weak. They already have his money.

lol back to 3/3 predator and striker. holy shit thats a nerf! lmao

i know people hate when developers nerf or change things up but for some reason thats what keeps me playing. now that the game is getting retooled again, you'll need to change your play style and look for the best in class set that'll output the most dps. also liking the new gear set. its like a less punishing striking set, time to build for that crit damage boys. the same will be amazing with the MP7

i remember back in the socom days, developers couldnt balance the games cause of how things worked, so it was up to the community to police the game, op'd weapons were banned and was an auto vote if you used them. i dont mind it at all, at this rate it looks like the division will be that game i always go back to after playing the next best thing. socom confrontation was that game last gen

All of the changes sound good to me, but I have to say, I'm getting a little tired of having to completely re-tool my character with every patch because of nerfs/changes to the sets I've spent so much time and resources collecting/re-calibrating. I hope this is balanced and the end of major changes to the way gear works/armor works/gear set bonuses work. Spent 1.6 min/maxing for 1.7 only to find out it was fruitless.

AndyD

aka andydumi
This is why we need a pve DZ but noooooooooooo

Also they changed headshot damage to be on par with body shots lol

I read that to be only for hip firing. Otherwise it kills all those atributes that allow you to focus on headshots in sniper builds.

GazzaGSi

Oh yeah and the Legendary mode is like 1.3 npcs but with hunter AI. Good luck! You guys wanted harder content lolololololol. #TheDivision

Likebutter's thoughts on Legendary :)

I've no problem with that but the rewards must be worth it to make it worthwhile. A minimum fixed main stat or a higher than average native armour roll needs to be implemented for the harder content so you're not left with min stat items when completing the harder content.

Makes sense that the patch would try to make Electronics more relevant considering the current meta, but am still not hearing anything promising on the PvE front.

Are they supposed to reveal more today?

The updates sound good to me. Some of the changes with PvP and the Dark Zone might get me to go back into the Dark Zone. The Last Stand sounds really good. I had been hoping they'd implement an arena style PvP mode. Those modes in games are what seem to keep me coming back more than anything else.

Likebutter's thoughts on Legendary :)

I've no problem with that but the rewards must be worth it to make it worthwhile. A minimum fixed main stat or a higher than average native armour roll needs to be implemented for the harder content so you're not left with min stat items when completing the harder content.
Yeah, I hope they do that.

Luckily you get Exotic Cache for doing it :3

Makes sense that the patch would try to make Electronics more relevant considering the current meta, but am still not hearing anything promising on the PvE front.

Are they supposed to reveal more today?

Seemingly besides the new Incursion (no details on it as of yet other than a ETF participate saying it felt like a Raid) the addition of three Legendary missions is what we are getting...

"For this update, we wanted to give our hardcore players a real challenge. In order to do so, a Legendary difficulty mode has been added to three missions in the game - Times Square, WarrenGate Power Plant and Napalm Production Site. This mode is supposed to be the most challenging mode in the game, even more so than Heroic Incursions, and is really going to test your build, your tactics and your group synergy.

You won’t be fighting the same enemies you usually fight in those missions, though. All the previous content has been taken out and replaced with new, powerful and much smarter LMB enemies that use more advanced tactics against you and your team. They’ll react to your skills and status effects, will be hard to hit since they keep a low profile, will constantly try to flank you, and you really don’t want to get into melee range of them. If you’ve fought the Hunter in Survival, you have had a brief taste of what is coming.

There’s a wide range of different enemy types, practically covering most of the enemy archetypes in the game, which will keep you on the edge of your seat all the way through the missions. There’s also Named enemies thrown into the mix, complete with their own set of behaviors, roles and skills. While Legendary difficulty does scale to the amount of players present, scaling enemy damage and health similar to Challenge mode, and could theoretically be soloed, it’s very much intended for organized group play with dedicated roles.

The enemies you’ll face will be a mix of normal, veteran and elite enemies. The main challenge in Legendary is not from the amount of health the enemies have, it is about learning how to deal with their tactics and strategies.

Legendary difficulty comes with its own, exclusive vanity items that you can’t get anywhere else in the game and will of course reward you for your heroic deeds with a ton of rewards. In the future, we plan to expand this new difficulty mode to additional missions."

Top Bottom