• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider Game Informer Info [Update 2: Multiplayer Jobs (Co-op/PvP) Post 892]

Salz01

That they are looking for a senior dev now, almost tells me this game wont ship in 2011. It'll probably come out in 2012 (first quarter)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Salz01 said:
That they are looking for a senior dev now, almost tells me this game wont ship in 2011. It'll probably come out in 2012 (first quarter)
It's not uncommon to hire senior developers at almost any point during a project actually.

It helps train up more leads if you want to handle more projects after your current project ships.

Nirolak said:
It's not uncommon to hire senior developers at almost any point during a project actually.

It helps train up more leads if you want to handle more projects after your current project ships.

Exactly ; you certainly don't want Junior bottle necking the pipeline in the middle of development.

So from the new podcast the game will feature full mo-cap with voice work for the in-game cutscenes. I'm ready for Uncharted levels of awesome for the cinematics!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Larson Conway said:
So from the new podcast the game will feature full mo-cap with voice work for the in-game cutscenes. I'm ready for Uncharted levels of awesome for the cinematics!
I hope they don't go overboard with the cinematics. I'm replaying TRA atm and I love how it's all just ambiance with minimal cutscenes/dialogue.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sho_Nuff82 said:
His point (which you conveniently ignored in your reply) was tha MP and SP are being handled by different teams; concern over one degrading the other are unwarranted. The SP would not be any better if the MP didn't exist in other words.
Seemingly a lot of it is being handled in Eidos Montreal as well, given that they want the multiplayer staff to be willing to travel to Montreal up to 50% of the time.

Wallpapers including one in game screen

IP0fU.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...cial-tomb-raider-wallpapers-for-everyone.aspx

Salaadin

Stallion Free said:
Ugh I would be all over that wallpaper if they didn't slap all that shit on it.

Seriously. They arent wallpapers so much as they are magazine covers. Lets cram as much text on it as possible!!

.la1n

As long as the multiplayer doesn't hinder the single player effort I see nothing wrong with it. Uncharted 2 turns out wonderfully, actually one of the only games I'll play multiplayer on.

Curufinwe

Larson Conway said:

It would have been nice if the GI lady at least tried to pronounce Lara correctly.

Considering they're pretty much in direct competition with Uncharted (yeah, I know the games have very different focus points, but still) adding any sort of multiplayer component to this game only puts more pressure on the dev team since Uncharted 2 did it so well. Let's hope they're not in over their heads.

FirstInHell said:
I want my wtffish back.

What the...? You and I have the same avatar? Well, crap. Not intentional, I swear - I googled "boglin" and this was one of the first images that came up.

Grumble. I'll look for something else. Sorry about that :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
butsomuch said:
Before we get ahead of ourselves here, Alex Dimitrijevic is scoring the trailer. We officially haven't announced the composer for the game
Were delighted to have such an esteemed composer working with us on our first major #tombraider asset. Which is due to drop very soon

Oh wow, this guy is amazing. He works for "Immediate Music", Epic Score" and "Fired Earth Music" ... this are trailer music production companys which normally makes music only for movie trailers and ads. Now im pretty excited for the trailer.

from his facebook page:

Tomb Raider podcast. First info about this amazing upcoming game. My music can be heard in the opening and closing of the podcast.

Podcast

Ellis Kim

Banned
:D

So excited for this game.

If the Tomb Raider multiplayer is like Uncharted 2's multiplayer, but with even MORE landscape traversal, I'll be a happy clam. Less bullet sponges/horde modes, more cooperative platforming plz.

Grisby

Ellis Kim said:

If the Tomb Raider multiplayer is like Uncharted 2's multiplayer, but with even MORE landscape traversal, I'll be a happy clam. Less bullet sponges/horde modes, more cooperative platforming plz.

Yeah, that's what I loved about U2's multi and kept me coming back. By which I mean, the game seemed to favor a strong vertical aspect to it in a lot of levels. I think TR needs to take that up a notch, would really make it stand out in the mutliplayer scene.

.la1n said:
Less concern over hair and more concern over whether the game sucks :D

I highly doubt that the game is going to suck... but I have my doubts about Lara's Hair, don't make it ugly... I want something on the level of the the sexy Anniversary's Hair :(

Grisby

Damn, I really liked the last voice actress. Still, it makes sense considering the new direction and the fact that she's younger.

Shapingo

Ellis Kim said:

Hopefully they can bring back Anaya Imanu, she is probably the only friend of Lara that was shown to be as athletic as her. I can't picture Conrad Roth jumping and making 15 feet leaps.

anaya%20imanu.jpg

Ellis Kim

Banned
Glad its a new actress. Reading some of the lines she says in the GI cover article made her sound like the same old snarky Lara from the previous CD games. I hope this younger, fresher Lara actress can lighten things up a bit like old Lara.

(and sorry for the 2 day bump :S)

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Shapingo said:
Hopefully they can bring back Anaya Imanu, she is probably the only friend of Lara that was shown to be as athletic as her. I can't picture Conrad Roth jumping and making 15 feet leaps.

Fat Drake was nice, so I want to see a lard-Lara bounching around.

This reboot sounds nice and I hope it's well executed. For some reason I started to crave for a Modesty Blaise game. Do it developers of the world. Unite and make Blaise and Garvin into a game.

Ellis Kim

Banned
dofry said:
Fat Drake was nice, so I want to see a lard-Lara bounching around.

This reboot sounds nice and I hope it's well executed. For some reason I started to crave for a Modesty Blaise game. Do it developers of the world. Unite and make Blaise and Garvin into a game.
Donut Drake, Lard Lara! Yes! :lol

UGH!!!!! Multiplayer and Co-op! That sucks so much! MP and Coop RUINED Uncharted 2 and made it super horrible!!

Oh wait no it didn't

Salaadin said:
LMAO @ the tags

I want to see video footage of this game already. Even a 10 second clip would suffice.

This was posted on CD employees Twitter

Were delighted to have such an esteemed composer working with us on our first major #tombraider asset. Which is due to drop very soon

That seems to indicate that some trailer is coming. I wouldn't expect it to contain any gameplay though. It'll probably just set up the story.

I wonder if next gen will allow developers to properly model hair instead of this rasta abomination. I don't like her hair one bit. The concept art spoiled me heavily it seems.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nobiru said:
UGH!!!!! Multiplayer and Co-op! That sucks so much! MP and Coop RUINED Uncharted 2 and made it super horrible!!

Oh wait no it didn't
In all fairness, Uncharted is a third-person shooter and Tomb Raider is a platformer so it's a bit more of a leap of faith with the multiplayer.

Stallion Free said:
In all fairness, Uncharted is a third-person shooter and Tomb Raider is a platformer so it's a bit more of a leap of faith with the multiplayer.
in fairness, CD already made a co-op Tomb Raider game and it was awesome.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Nobiru said:

Oh wait no it didn't

As much as I love Uncharted 2 (and I love it so), Co-Op and Deathmatch never existed to me. I didn't know anyone who bothered with it (outside of GAF) and it's really just a footnote. A checkmark on a list of crap that is seemingly mandatory on games now. It's bread and butter is the single player campaign. Tomb Raider will be the same. I would rather they spend that money on making the single player that much better and adding single player DLC side-stories (or cool adventures) or something rather than bringing on another studio to work on a segment of the game that simply exists to check off a list.

Looking back, nobody remembers or will remember Uncharted 2 for its multiplayer.

plagiarize said:
in fairness, CD already made a co-op Tomb Raider game and it was awesome.

No, they didn't. They made a side project with no mention of "Tomb Raider" in it.

Salaadin

SolidSnakex said:
This was posted on CD employees Twitter

That seems to indicate that some trailer is coming. I wouldn't expect it to contain any gameplay though. It'll probably just set up the story.

Hey, Ill take it. Thanks. Maybe I should use twitter more often.

Top Bottom