• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Ride -- Official Thread

Kulock said:
I thought at first you had photoshopped
2qwlxkg.png
in.

Is that picture from the game?

Tamanon said:
Jeff Gerstmann on the Bombcast revealed that Tony Hawk Ride isn't even shipping for review, they're only allowing reviewers to play on Saturday from noon-three for day one reviewing.

Always a good sign!

So something good could come out of this game. Because no site/mag deserves to be taken seriously if they review this game under those conditions.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
I should have this game in my hands later today. Pics/impressions to come shortly thereafter.

Kind of excited in a "Stand By Me" sort of way.

SolidSnakex said:
So something good could come out of this game. Because no site/mag deserves to be taken seriously if they review this game under those conditions.

Exactly. I vote site bans for any site that reviews this within the first several days, or maybe a week.

Fucking hell I cannot believe their audacity. Three hours for reviewers from multiple sites to give a full review of the game. That is goddamn shameless as fuck.

Ride has made an appearance in the Amazon Top 100 . . . the Wii version at 88th place . . . maybe we'll all end up with egg on our faces?
I doubt it.

88. Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours
1 day in the top 100 Tony Hawk
Tony Hawk: Ride Skateboard Bundle by Activision Inc.
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Release Date: November 17, 2009
Available for Pre-order

Price: $119.99

3 used & new from $119.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_pg_4?ie=UTF8&pg=4

CamHostage

I just caught the commercial on TV last night, and even the commercial makes it look dull as dirt. You apparently spend the bulk of the game in the manual position shifting the board left and right and trying to maintain your balance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHPugXJGCM0

I have seen some other clips that make it look more interesting, but this isn't helping. I'm fine with it not being old-style THPS so long as it's good for what it is, but nothing I've seen so far has sold me on it. There's a whole playlist of clips from the game's instruction intro, it does help a bit in figuring out what they're trying to do with the game.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D2D40A89F7798FA4

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wow, I've never seen an OP be this negatively biased. If I wanted to move in and shut this thread down, do I have grounds under the forum's policy?

What is the fucking problem with talking about games negativity in the OP. You'd think this was fucking V, where were not aloud to show the aliens in a negative light. Newsflash, the aliens are fucking nasty reptiles, most games have lizard features, and this is the fucking nastiest slimy one of all.

Continue the resistance people!

PS: Assassins Creed II does not deserve the happy go lucky approach either, fuck that shit too, with repeating the same shit to .

PSS: Most JRPGs suck.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
AstroLad said:
Wow, I've never seen an OP be this negatively biased. If I wanted to move in and shut this thread down, do I have grounds under the forum's policy?

It's actually quite disgusting.

AstroLad said:

Go for it outraged internet person #4986926.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
AstroLad said:

I don't quite see why an official thread has to inherently be positive about the game. The OP is far more entertaining than the game appears to be, so I'm all for it. I miss the days when the Tony Hawk games were good, but...they aren't. So until proven otherwise, I'm fine with this sort of official thread. The Mii screen shot looks like a bad photoshop, for christ's sake. I had to google Tony Hawk Ride Mii to prove to myself that it wasn't.

Ridley327

MacDee said:
In before comments, but does this have a weight limitation? Or is it just a solid hunk of plastic.

It's 300 pounds, which is surprisingly less than what the Wii Balance Board supports.

I guess there's going to be a few Best Buy stores next weekend showing this game off as a demonstration. Not being one of those stores, I couldn't care any less about it, but I figure that some people might want to get the chance to experience it in person.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
This game is Guitar Hero: Skateboard. In casual mode, you coast down a line, do certain motions at certain points, and are rewarded for how close you come to doing it right.

It's not great, but it's not horrid either.

AstroLad said:
AstroLad
Hail to the KING baby
(Today, 12:34 PM)
Reply | Quote

:D

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
EMBee99 said:
This game is Guitar Hero: Skateboard. In casual mode, you coast down a line, do certain motions at certain points, and are rewarded for how close you come to doing it right.

It's not great, but it's not horrid either.
That would make a perfect box quote.

SolidSnakex said:

Don't know if they still do it, but Nintendo used to do the same shit back in the day. I remember when Gamefan reviewed Goldeneye back in the day, they mentioned that Nintendo brought the review copy over in a locked up N64 and only gave them a few hours to play it under supervision. I'd imagine this was the case for all other reviewers.

Tamanon

Banned
I wonder if they're hoping people will assume some sort of video mat comes with the game controller, based on the commercial.

Struct09

I played it a bit this weekend (Wii version, as posted above. Wii version uses a USB dongle too.). After 10+ minutes of calibrating the board, I was able to do the tutorials and play a little bit. The only word I can really use to describe the experience so far is "awkward" :-/

Pulling off tricks didn't feel particularly satisfying, mostly because it just felt like I was searching for the right force to use on the board to get it to do what I wanted. Maybe I just really suck and need to spend more time with it, but I wasn't having much fun fumbling around and ended up playing Uncharted 2 instead (which I have yet to complete, so you can't blame me).

Struct09 said:
Pulling off tricks didn't feel particularly satisfying, mostly because it just felt like I was searching for the right force to use on the board to get it to do what I wanted. Maybe I just really suck and need to spend more time with it, but I wasn't having much fun fumbling around and ended up playing Uncharted 2 instead (which I have yet to complete, so you can't blame me).
I can blame you for not beating it yet.

Top Bottom