• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too human may miss 2007

I don't understand why so many people are ragging on Denis. Who cares if the game keeps getting delayed, they're obviously trying to make it better. Any when people like the majority of those in this thread sit there and groan about the game, it will most likely get delayed even more. He came here to address topics that people have brought up but got a huge bitchfest- nothing constructive.

Great work.

fartblast

Banned
'may` miss 2007 yea right

when`s the last time a game person was like, ya sorry game MIIIGHT get pushed back. And then magically its not pushed back and comes out on time hahah not going to happen folks. maybe some crappy sega game came out early but who cares about them. too human is late 2008 earliest, sad but true fact, and you really cant compete w/ the boss HALO 3 coming out, later this year for the Xbox 360

Tieno

fartblast said:

when`s the last time a game person was like, ya sorry game MIIIGHT get pushed back. And then magically its not pushed back and comes out on time hahah not going to happen folks. maybe some crappy sega game came out early but who cares about them. too human is late 2008 earliest, sad but true fact, and you really cant compete w/ the boss HALO 3 coming out, later this year for the Xbox 360
Pure gold, awesome post, incredible!

PleoMax

Banned
fartblast said:

Your nick makes total sense. What a fart of a post.

GhaleonEB

fartblast said:

Denis said that he wasn't going to show the game until it's nearly done. They're showing it in a few weeks. :\

Also, the 360 user base will be big enough by this holiday to absorb multiple AAA titles and have them all be successful, especially given that Halo 3 and Too Human (and GTAIV while we're at it) are entrely different genres.

fartblast

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Denis said that he wasn't going to show the game until it's nearly done. They're showing it in a few weeks. :\

Also, the 360 user base will be big enough by this holiday to absorb multiple AAA titles and have them all be successful, especially given that Halo 3 and Too Human (and GTAIV while we're at it) are entrely different genres.

denis says A LOT of stuff. yes 360 install base will own anything later on this year and can absorb many 'AAA' titles, but who cares halo 3 is going to be out. you can argue all you want but listen to my words. too humans not coming out anytime soon, sorry. even if he does show the game ppl will be wowed at the art direction yes, but 5 secs later theyll see the framerate and camera probs and immediately go into depression again. denis if your out there i have high hopes for your game but 2007 is gamers heaven, halo 3 this year your game will just bring tears...

Just to see how fart reacts, I'm going to say something that I personally believe but wouldn't say in most formal contexts:

Halo ****ing blows.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
GhaleonEB said:

He also said that developers should finish games and then start the marketing, holding the game for six months/a year after it's finished.

fartblast

Banned
Aristotlekh said:
Just to see how fart reacts, I'm going to say something that I personally believe but wouldn't say in most formal contexts:

Halo ****ing blows.

LMAO coming from a metal gear solid fanboy. please.

Colonel: Snake watch out Halo 3 is coming out.
Snake. Halo 3...
Colonel: Yes Halo 3, its going to own your 4th instalment.
Snake: The 4th installment of my MGS series.
Colonel: Yes Metal Gear Solid 4.
Snake: Oh crap your right. Halo 3? Damn...
Colonel: Yes Snake. Pack your bags.
Snake: My bags eh...
Colonel: Yes Snake pack your shit it's time to leave. Halo has superior art direction. It has better music better gameplay. And the dialog doesnt suck.
Snake: The Dialogue doesnt suck eh...
Colonel: Snake just shut up and face it MGS is horrible always has been Hideo Kojima only makes games because hes to much of a hack to make real movies.
Snake: Too much of a hack to make movies... wow your right Colonel

GhaleonEB

Aristotlekh said:

Halo ****ing blows.
Yes. This will surely improve the conversation.
fartblast said:

Snake. Halo 3...
Colonel: Yes Snake pack your shit it's time to leave. Halo has superior art direction. It has better music better gameplay. And the dialog doesnt suck.
Colonel: Snake just shut up and face it MGS is horrible always has been Hideo Kojima only makes games because hes to much of a hack to make real movies.
Aaaannndd that's a wrap. What the hell guys.

Brobzoid said:
He also said that developers should finish games and then start the marketing, holding the game for six months/a year after it's finished.
Well, if it doesn't come out until the fall....

Also, what he wants and what his publisher is going to do may be different.

I proved my point though, didn't I?

P.S. How is IGN's visit going to work? Are they seeing Too Human in a couple weeks and then they'll be under NDA for an extended period of time, or what? Because I remember them seeing it before and they outright weren't allowed to talk for months.

fartblast said:

Snake. Halo 3...
I couldn't think of a snide, sarcastic comment to your post that you wouldn't take as truth, but I also didn't want to say "You'll go far here, junior", so I'm just going to post this.

2rxe054yy7.gif

PleoMax

Banned
fartblast said:

Snake. Halo 3...

Failue.jpg

fartblast said:

Snake. Halo 3...

haha ... just like one of these weird 'Arsenal Gear' codec dialogues. :lol

goldenpp72

They really need to get games out of the august range, I know these are filler dates but right now there is just too much coming at the end of the year with too little mid year.

D3VI0US

I listened to the EGM Live earlier and this is all just stupid. The game was shown early and it was crappy, everyone knows this. Regardless of the state of the game now that's how it was at E3 and frankly all the early shots were pretty shitty too imo. Now Mr. Windbag Dyack is blabbering on the EGM podcast how much better it is now and how he feels sorry for journalists. Well I feel sorry for him cause he had to show his game early and it was not indicative of the final product. At the end of the day really no one will care about the EGM cover story or the crappy E3 showing, the product will stand on it's merit.

What I will remember is Dennis taunting the fact that the game is way better and amazing compared to what he saw at GDC and all that other hype in the podcast. Maybe it's great but since you're not showing it to anyone, who really knows. Sure the "industry people" know how great it is and were apalled at how you were treated and all this bullshit. Ever think maybe they were just humoring you cause you were all butthurt about an actual game critic calling out your crappy demo for what it was not what it will eventually be.

So now you're not gonna show it again until it's done, pretty stupid. It seems like you don't have the balls to show us how great it is now, just tell us repeatedly, like every other ****ing developer. Not exactly confidence inspiring, I'll reserve judgement until that showing. I have no reason to believe it will be great, but Dennis has every reason to tell me it is or even delude himself into thinking it is. Maybe you should quit your whining about common and accepted industry practices cause you feel like you didn't get a fair shake, get back to work on your delayed since PS One "epic trilogy", and leave the cheerleading to the less invested PR people.

Top Bottom