• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Topanga Charity Cup 2015 & USF4 x Gunslinger Stratos 2 Tournaments July 4-5

IMJkZkv.png

Topanga Charity Cup is a yearly arcade Street Fighter tournament held in Japan in order to raise funds for charity. It originated as a reaction to the 2011 Touhoku Earthquake in Japan and they have raised thousands of dollars every year to help out. This 5v5 team tournament always displays some of the best Street Fighter action as 90% of all the top Japanese players attend. This year is no different. If you have a favorite Japanese player I'm sure he or she will be there.

Here's a preview of what the Topanga Charity Cup is like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utvCKdKkFYc

Topanga announced that 169 teams have already registered and they expect more than 200 teams to compete, meaning they expect more than 1000 players to take part in this tournament. Other than EVO, no other SF4 tournament has been able to break the 1000 player barrier.

Some of the notable teams that have signed up.

1. Daigo, Misse, Oshino, Bonchan, Mago
2. Momochi, Kazunoko, Nyanshi, Jyobin, Nemo
3. Justin Wong, Ryan Hart, Pepeday, Pugera, Poongko
4. Sako, Choco, Fuudo, Tokido, YHC-Mochi
5. Infiltration, Saulabis, DBKoopa, Bigdanmul, Hydebuffy
6. Yossan, Younashi, Shin, Waikei, aiai
7. Cojiro, Kenzo (svelteaverage), Jinetta, Nizza, Daichan
8. Sentosu, KSK, Kokujin, Nuki, Papatiwawa
9. Kichijojiken, Dashio, Kim1234, Santarou, Shiro
10. Jeppa, Youshikibi, Kai, Super Uriajjo, katakana de aoki
11. Sabohani, TKD, Itazan, Taiga, Nekojita
12. Kiyomatsu, Kindo, Hamu, Takitategohan, Electribe
13. Inco, Nishikin, Kyoku, Akimo, Tonpy
14. Shinba, Y., Ebi, Juso, Vivi
15. Gachikun, Waike, Visor, Enoki, Ryuukichikun
16. Machabo, Shiroken, Taku, Naruo, Initial Kyouzo
17. Ninomae, Dath, Muscle Kingdom, Karu, Kitasenju DJ
18. Sasori, Yoshiwo, Baby Nine, Miko, Choujin
19. Okkun, Harumi, Shimauta, Tomato Tiger, Oppo Ibuki
20. AC Revenger, Shungoku Neurosis, Eisukei, Chometaro, Tsukiji
21. Mizoteru, Reiketsu, Tsuiggi, Anton, Oitajin
22. Haitani, Kyabetsu, Kindevu, Eita, Dogura

Other notable players who are teaming with unknown players: Marn, Storm Kubo, Meimomo, G.Y.R.O., Sasa, Fenriru, Pikagoma, Harideshi, Meu, Keiji N (deejay), Noguchi (guile), KOK, akajojo, Iori (fuerte), Daikoku (chun), Gonzalez, Dragonboy, Begatamin, Maribo, Misaki (mago's student), Haneyama (chun), Joe, Nitto, HJM (dudley), Hanamaruki (sagat),

For a full list of teams, check out USD's article on Shoryuken. http://shoryuken.com/2015/07/01/topanga-lends-a-hand-with-their-fifth-street-fighter-iv-charity-cup-this-weekend/

This year Topanga Charity Cup will be streamed on Nico Nico. It's free to watch, but I will warn you that the site has a tendency to kick you out and make you temporarily wait a minute or so to get back in as premium members have priority "seating." My advice is that you keep the refresh ready. As soon as a notification pops up in Japanese, be sure to refresh so you don't get kicked out.

Stream 1: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv224069963
Stream 2: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv224070148

Venue: Tokyo Leisureland Palette Town

Tournament starts at 10:00 am (Sat) Japan - 6:00 pm Pacific (Fri) - 9:00 pm Eastern (Fri)

IH3g734.jpg

---------------------------------

ch7Na3k.png

On the same weekend in Japan (July 5th), Capcom and Square Enix have teamed up for an Ultra Street Fighter 4 x Gunslinger Stratos 2 collaboration tournament named the Ouka Ranbu Cup. This is a round robin tournament where each SF4 player will be teamed up with a GS team of 4. The players will compete in their respective game, but each win will count as a point. The team with the most amount of points will be crowned the winner.

The USF4 players will compete in a round robin FT2 and every player is only allowed to use up to 3 characters.

USF4 participants: Daigo (invite), Xian (invite), Justin Wong (invite), Ryan Hart (invite), Kyoku (qualified), Pugera (qualified), Kakuge Jigoku aka Fighting Game Hell (qualified), Shinba (qualified)

Gunslinger Stratos Teams: Yafumi Children, Popo Elementary School, School of Fuudo, Aaron EX, Going to Tokyo to Throw Away Solomon, Nonkei-Ken, Protect Sekiyou Kun and 7 others Corp, Honsen Demasen

Commentators: Aru aka Papatiwawa, Fuudo, Yu

Start time: 10:30 am Japan Time - 6:30 pm Pacific - 9:30 pm Eastern
End time: 5:00 pm Japan - 1:00 am Pacific - 4:00 am Eastern

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/guns_ch

miku

I want to see Daigo, Fuudo, Infiltration, Sako, and Momochi on the same team and then lose to Team Blanka in Grand Finals.

Topanga updated the team list. 225 teams have been confirmed.

New notable teams added:

1. Okkun, Harumi, Shimauta, Tomato Tiger, Oppo Ibuki
2. AC Revenger, Shungoku Neurosis, Eisukei, Chometaro, Tsukiji
3. Mizoteru, Reiketsu, Tsuiggi, Anton, Oitajin
4. Haitani, Kyabetsu, Kindevu, Eita, Dogura

Marn is teaming up with Zeniya (fuerte).

I came here just because I know what it feels like to be the last three posts in your unpopular thread

I came here to end the streak to but you beat me to it. I won't be able to watch most of the first half but I'll be up kind of early to watch most last half.

Legit question, does anybody know why they used the name "Topanga"? Is it just a name or does it mean something in Japan?

Codeblue

He signed up as Rufus. ;_;

He has an entertaining Rufus whenever I have seen him, but he just doesn't win.

Sound will go on when the tournament or intro starts I guess.

Well that's too bad, his Makoto was incredible. I'm still bummed about the switch.

Qvoth

just realized machaboo is in :O
please come back to xrd ; ;

edit: i think he's a korean from infiltration's team

just realized machaboo is in :O
please come back to xrd ; ;

edit: i think he's a korean from infiltration's team

You don't have to worry about Machabo. He used to be a regular on Topanga TV where he was Mago's student. He was already an expert at SF4 so Mago only had to teach him very specific matchup knowledge with Fei. He's participating in this as he's really good friends with them.

Machabo is also teaching Daigo Xrd.

Qvoth

can't even last more than 5 minutes each time i refresh :<
will anybody with a premium ticket be restreaming this?

You don't have to worry about Machabo. He used to be a regular on Topanga TV where he was Mago's student. He was already an expert at SF4 so Mago only had to teach him very specific matchup knowledge with Fei. He's participating in this as he's really good friends with them.

Machabo is also teaching Daigo Xrd.

that makes sense, machaboo was (might stll is) the best xrd player, and with daigo returning to xrd for the gg vs pro-gamers 4v4 competition he needs to get back into shape quickly

vulva

At first I thought the stream wasn't working then realized I forgot to log in =\.

A fool is me! In there now.

Top Bottom