• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Quick

Banned
Sweet deal, I'll look at what those two places have.

I'm sort of looking for a TV as well, and I was thinking of waiting until Black Friday.

Not sure how great Black Friday deals have been for TVs in the past, but I'm not even sure if anything decent is coming up for this year.

I'm sort of looking for a TV as well, and I was thinking of waiting until Black Friday.

Not sure how great Black Friday deals have been for TVs in the past, but I'm not even sure if anything decent is coming up for this year.

Do you guys do BF in Canada? I thought there weren't any sales until Boxing Day. Part of me just wants to drive into Buffalo and risk paying any customs on the way back. Seems to still be cheaper.

Quick

Banned
Do you guys do BF in Canada? I thought there weren't any sales until Boxing Day. Part of me just wants to drive into Buffalo and risk paying any customs on the way back. Seems to still be cheaper.

It's been a thing for a few years now, with retailers trying to encourage people looking to shop across the border to stay and shop locally instead.

I haven't paid that much attention overall to be honest.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

The past few years retailers have been jumping on the Black Friday train, but I don't think the deals are as good though to be fair I haven't paid much attention. Boxing Day is our more natural sale day. Which retailers have extended to Boxing Week.

krae_man

Anybody want a pair of NXT Takeover Toronto tickets at cost?

I got better tickets during the public on sale then I grabbed in the presale.

They are in 102 which is a decent angle at least. $110 for the pair.

dluu13

The past few years retailers have been jumping on the Black Friday train, but I don't think the deals are as good though to be fair I haven't paid much attention. Boxing Day is our more natural sale day. Which retailers have extended to Boxing Week.

There are some pretty good deals. I got a pair of headphones (Sennheiser HD598) for over 50% off last black friday.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Black Friday / Cyber Monday is definitely a thing now, although I feel like most of the sales are not worth the effort of actually going out. A few decent things here and there online. Same thing applies to Boxing Day though.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Black Friday happens, but yeah the sales aren't worth the ridiculousness that happens in the US.

Even Boxing Day/Week sales aren't crazy.

Quadratic

This incredible weather..I'm actually crying

I'm happy you're happy.

Going for pho after work!

Kuro's probably going to come in and decry the cool weather. I wore shorts and a t-shirt today thinking that it would be warmer than it is. Noticed my mistake immediately when I saw my subway train in the morning with people wearing jackets.

dluu13

I'm happy you're happy.

Kuro's probably going to come in and decry the cool weather. I wore shorts and a t-shirt today thinking that it would be warmer than it is. Noticed my mistake immediately when I saw my subway train in the morning with people wearing jackets.

I've been watching the weather carefully before I go out lately because it's always changing so much.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm happy you're happy.

You're bad and you should feel bad! >=

Wore my jacket out today cause it's too cool. I want my goddamn summer back!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Today is the 10 year anniversary of my landing in Canada, so you guys better believe I'm ready to drink some tomorrow. Yeeeeeeaaah!!
Yes, I am currently quite drunk *hic*

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Today is the 10 year anniversary of my landing in Canada, so you guys better believe I'm ready to drink some tomorrow. Yeeeeeeaaah!!
Yes, I am currently quite drunk *hic*
To my oldest online buddy. Cheers! It's been a long ass time since we met on TF2 and you didn't pocket me!

Dr.Acula

Banned
I know I'm not the only one on GAF who was freaking out over "HOME" appearing instead of "WIND" on my phone.

KkMOqmB.png

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm. Interesting little incident this morning.

So people who have taken the streetcars regularly have likely run into the fare enforcement officers once or twice. I've actually never seen them do anything since nobody has gotten caught.

This morning though, a man who looked homeless and seemed like he had some mental problems got caught and I had a front row seat; I was literally sitting across from him. The enforcement officers were pretty friendly and sat down and listened to the guy go on about how he had just gone to get something to eat and how he just got back from the cemetery and how his brother died after being high af and passing out on some tracks and getting cut in two. Anyways, the enforcement officer asked for his ID and said they were getting off at the next stop and that he'd write him a fine. The thing is, what is this fine going to do...? It's not as if he can get his driver's suspended or give him trouble for getting a loan or even stop him from getting back on the TTC in the future.

ahdurian

Hmmm. Interesting little incident this morning.

So people who have taken the streetcars regularly have likely run into the fare enforcement officers once or twice. I've actually never seen them do anything since nobody has gotten caught.

This morning though, a man who looked homeless and seemed like he had some mental problems got caught and I had a front row seat; I was literally sitting across from him. The enforcement officers were pretty friendly and sat down and listened to the guy go on about how he had just gone to get something to eat and how he just got back from the cemetery and how his brother died after being high af and passing out on some tracks and getting cut in two. Anyways, the enforcement officer asked for his ID and said they were getting off at the next stop and that he'd write him a fine. The thing is, what is this fine going to do...? It's not as if he can get his driver's suspended or give him trouble for getting a loan or even stop him from getting back on the TTC in the future.

Probably their "quota"

ahdurian

uniqlo opens 30 September. I'm off that day. Wondering if I might brave the crush of people.

im tempted to, but i feel like i could always just wait a week or two and just waltz in after.
don't mind if i'm not saving like $10 or anything as long as I can find anything i like

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Meetup pics:

hbehZns.jpg

Pgb3e19.jpg
Look at all those generic Asians and Coors..!
uniqlo opens 30 September. I'm off that day. Wondering if I might brave the crush of people.
I've been hearing a LOT of hype for it. I just hope people thin out after seeing that they've upped the prices and it's just a throng of people just wanting to see the next new thing.
im tempted to, but i feel like i could always just wait a week or two and just waltz in after.
don't mind if i'm not saving like $10 or anything as long as I can find anything i like
I went to a few Uniqlo when I was in Korea and Japan and I often didn't find what I wanted so I imagine they'll be out of stock on good stuff quickly here.
I don't remember the last time I was up this early.
It'll be worth it (I hope)

Mhee12Bee

I only raise my pinky for Sour Beers.

Someone in the meetup told me about Butter in Black Coffee. Honestly I want to try it but, I'm too scared to ask the Tim Hortons servers if they can give me a packet of butter with my coffee. Just feels so wrong!

dluu13

Someone in the meetup told me about Butter in Black Coffee. Honestly I want to try it but, I'm too scared to ask the Tim Hortons servers if they can give me a packet of butter with my coffee. Just feels so wrong!

just get like the soup combo or something. They give you butter automatically

mr.rager

Bulletproof coffee? It's supposed to help you focus or some shit like that. I think you need the right kind of butter tho.

TFW you email a person a week after a phone interview and they don't even respond.

:'(

FML

I know how that feels. In fact, I'm feeling it right now.

Had a skype interview and they said that there might be a delay with a decision to move onto the the next stage of interviews for various reasons, and to wait a week..... 2 weeks later...

Looking for work sucks.

krae_man

TFW you email a person a week after a phone interview and they don't even respond.

:'(

FML

I always loved getting "Hi I'm following up to hear if you've decided who to hire yet?"

"Nope, a decision hasn't been made yet"

"Okay thanks bye"

*30 seconds later*

*ring ring*

"The position has been filled"

gabbo

Had a skype interview and they said that there might be a delay with a decision to move onto the the next stage of interviews for various reasons, and to wait a week..... 2 weeks later...

Looking for work sucks.

Yes it does.

Looking for work sucks.

It does, man. It does. I've been in Toronto about three months, and still looking for something permanent. This is my third city move in as many years, and each time I need to reset. The search process never gets more pleasant. My cover letter is honed to razor sharpness, though...little good it's doing me right now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Keep at it and keep ya chin up.

gabbo

Yup. I'm currently looking for a job right now, granted it's only been like my third day job hunting but it still sucks. I can be a little impatient sometimes and this is one of those times lol.

I'm coming up on four months without so much as a call back on anything ive applied for, you're doing fine.

mr.rager

I'm coming up on four months without so much as a call back on anything ive applied for, you're doing fine.

Yeah, just a little impatient is all lol. Don't have to pay for rent or anything cause I'm currently living with my brother but still, I would like to get my own place asap.

what kind of jobs are you guys looking for?

I'm looking for a English teaching job, don't really have the qualifications of a teacher so I'm hoping to get by with just being a native English speaker lol.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well I am. I've been looking and sending out applications nearly every day and I've only had the one interview two months ago.
You have a LinkedIn profile that you made public and have you tried any hiring agencies? In the searches I've done, it seems there are a TON of companies looking for that. Hell, my coworkers have people sending them jobs.

Top Bottom