• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
a 340 meter tall building has just been proposed for yonge and gerrard

Shame it likely won't be built at this height. It's tall enough to be in North America's top 10.

Would be 25th tallest on the planet.

He lives like...a few blocks from me and I went to high school with him.

That's so weird. I remember asking you once at a meetup what store your friend worked at, but you couldn't remember, so I left it at that. I didn't even ask his name. I was like, eh, it's a huge company, it's not like I'd even know the guy. Turns out, I've known him this whole time, haha. I even talked to him on the phone just a few weeks ago, because he called up my store to have me check inventory for a product for one of his customers. Too weird.

Brinbe

a 340 meter tall building has just been proposed for yonge and gerrard

Shame it likely won't be built at this height. It's tall enough to be in North America's top 10.

Would be 25th tallest on the planet.

God, that stretch between Gerrard/College is gonna be dense AF once everything gets built up. Hope that area gets local amenities/infrastructure to match because it isn't really up to snuff as is. But knowing this city, probably not. Just stupid overbuilding everywhere without regard to their impact on their surrounding areas. Fucking nightmare. Even sadder that this was the city of Jane Jacobs and this is what we're doing to our city.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
God, that stretch between Gerrard/College is gonna be dense AF once everything gets built up. Hope that area gets local amenities/infrastructure to match because it isn't really up to snuff as is. But knowing this city, probably not. Just stupid overbuilding everywhere without regard to their impact on their surrounding areas. Fucking nightmare. Even sadder that this was the city of Jane Jacobs and this is what we're doing to our city.
We don't have the public transportation infrastructure to handle the people we have now.

I keep imagining those attendants that had to push people and pack them into trains in Tokyo and you'd think that a city the size of Seoul or Hong Kong would have trouble with density too. All I can remember is that I was never packed into any subway in any of those cities and I don't even recall skipping a bus due to it being too full...like I have a few times for the Queen streetcar...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We don't have the public transportation infrastructure to handle the people we have now.

I keep imagining those attendants that had to push people and pack them into trains in Tokyo and you'd think that a city the size of Seoul or Hong Kong would have trouble with density too. All I can remember is that I was never packed into any subway in any of those cities and I don't even recall skipping a bus due to it being too full...like I have a few times for the Queen streetcar...

If we can't build the transit, we'll just make sure everyone lives within a 2km radius downtown!

dluu13

Nothing yet. I've been reading and learning what things are.

I'll attempt to build in the next few weeks.

Building simple programs is the best way to go. I don't program anymore but I was always afraid to program things and try them out... which is dumb because writing programs and testing them is about the lowest risk thing you can do unless you're programming a giant robot arm.

I've never been a professional programmer or anything so other people can jump on me for this, but I'd suggest looking into TkInter or PyQT to create simple GUI for your programs once you get a hang of some basics.

dluu13

This lousy Smarch weather...!
Supposed to be 15 and rainy, like Vancouver. Then tomorrow it's supposed to be -1.

This city be cray.

Despite our usual perception of Vancouver, it actually snowed a couple of days earlier. Besides, it rained pretty good last night over here in Toronto.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuuuu...!
*reads article*
Wow what a fucking title. Replacing them with buses until then.
Can't wait for kuro 10 paragraph rant about it.
Nah. Replacing them with buses is good for me. Yes, it won't be able to carry as many riders but they are air conditioned for you bahbies. I can also take the College streetcar and go down on Spadina (and reverse when I'm going home) or I can take the King streetcar and walk or go to the subway.

I hope with the buses that there won't be as many backed up. At my new workplace so far, I've been fucked by streetcars in front and fucking up all the streetcars behind three times in three months.

dluu13

Fuuuuu...!
*reads article*
Wow what a fucking title. Replacing them with buses until then.

Nah. Replacing them with buses is good for me. Yes, it won't be able to carry as many riders but they are air conditioned for you bahbies. I can also take the College streetcar and go down on Spadina (and reverse when I'm going home) or I can take the King streetcar and walk or go to the subway.

I hope with the buses that there won't be as many backed up. At my new workplace so far, I've been fucked by streetcars in front and fucking up all the streetcars behind three times in three months.

I don't even like streetcars. They are forced to stop in the middle of the street where they obstruct traffic. You can't even go to the right side of them because the passengers are getting off and running across the road. Not to mention that they run on rails which means when it's dead the whole line is dead. And it's dead in the middle of the road!

Honestly never understood why street cars are even a thing. They seem less useful than buses and I assume you get locked into fewer manufacturers than buses.

Not to mention we could have been running new-ish buses already as opposed to these ugly, old as fuck street cars that must be from the 1970s. Although I guess ugly and old as fuck fits in perfectly with TTC's MO.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even like streetcars. They are forced to stop in the middle of the street where they obstruct traffic. You can't even go to the right side of them because the passengers are getting off and running across the road. Not to mention that they run on rails which means when it's dead the whole line is dead. And it's dead in the middle of the road!
I've always hated them for these reasons. It wouldn't be as much of a problem if they had dedicated lanes, but that just means more endless construction and the way this city is already set up, you'd be screwed regardless.
Honestly never understood why street cars are even a thing. They seem less useful than buses and I assume you get locked into fewer manufacturers than buses.

Not to mention we could have been running new-ish buses already as opposed to these ugly, old as fuck street cars that must be from the 1970s. Although I guess ugly and old as fuck fits in perfectly with TTC's MO.
On one hand, it's not ENTIRELY, the TTC's fault for the lack of new streetcars, but I'll still blame them anyways.

i-Jest

I asked this in the Canadian Deals thread, but no doubt it'll get buried with all that shipping talk going on. I haven't bought anything from NIS America before. I assume I'll be paying some kind of fee to import. Is that included in the total or is that something separate I'll have to pay once the item comes?

Lexxism

I asked this in the Canadian Deals thread, but no doubt it'll get buried with all that shipping talk going on. I haven't bought anything from NIS America before. I assume I'll be paying some kind of fee to import. Is that included in the total or is that something separate I'll have to pay once the item comes?
I think it is separate. Whoever courier they use will give you a BIG surprise on your door

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Good lord, the wind outside right now is crazy. And I'm not even outside.
Strong winds blow over Leslieville house under construction

W2NUv1b.jpg

Fucking carpenters. :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Kraftwerk...!
That is a really skinny house. Better that it fails now than after everything has been put in. I don't know how building houses usually works but I don't imagine that they would add much more structure to the bottom after building even the second floor.
Wouldn't having the whole thing built make it sturdier and likely able withstand the winds...?
The one near me hasn't for a while.
Well...I've only been to the one in Scarberia near SCT.

Lexxism

Convince me not to hunt down a SDM that will have a Switch on Saturday and use my $60 worth of Optimum points and redeem a 20x offer too.
Paid online
Joycon sync issues
No Pokemon
No d-pad
Flimsy kickstand
No streaming media
Friend code
32gb internal storage
393 GFLOPs docked
No AAA western 3rd parties

Top Bottom