• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Chicken and rice balls still working their way through me...

Wish we had more Tilt bars and cabinets with working controls too. Also wouldn't have minded a space some where just to sit down and game perhaps with a TV in it for sports or whatever but it was still nice to try something different.

That Home of Hot Taste though was fantastic. Lots of room, riceballs, soju, N64 classic challenges, it was great!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I grabbed a long sleeve blue plaid shirt this morning because it's been a bit chilly in the mornings and I didn't want a coat. I fully expected to take it off when I got to work but it's been cold in my office (or at least I'm cold). Now I'm wearing a blue plaid shirt and black with white polka dot pants. It looks a bit odd to say the least.

I miss when I was rarely cold.

Anyone ever go to Imagine Cinemas by St Lawrence Market? I stumbled inside after seeing that all movies were $5 (regular tuesday pricing) for this week and was really surprised what a great experience it was. Almost no one there on a Sunday afternoon with that kind of promo makes me wonder how this place has stayed in business for so long. Nice staff, all modern digital and what not. I saw Dunkirk and can not complain at the screen quality or sound. Screen size is like 1/8th of a cineplex screen and room has about 80 seats (I was in theatre 1 so maybe it all varies) but it has a nice cozy feel.

It is a nice hidden gem and may become a nice Tuesday ritual for me.

This used to be called Rainbow Cinemas. Not sure how long ago it changed names.

ahdurian

Anyone ever go to Imagine Cinemas by St Lawrence Market? I stumbled inside after seeing that all movies were $5 (regular tuesday pricing) for this week and was really surprised what a great experience it was. Almost no one there on a Sunday afternoon with that kind of promo makes me wonder how this place has stayed in business for so long. Nice staff, all modern digital and what not. I saw Dunkirk and can not complain at the screen quality or sound. Screen size is like 1/8th of a cineplex screen and room has about 80 seats (I was in theatre 1 so maybe it all varies) but it has a nice cozy feel.

i only know of it as Rainbow Cinemas

good to go watch a cheap movie, even though the seats arent that comfortable

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I grabbed a long sleeve blue plaid shirt this morning because it's been a bit chilly in the mornings and I didn't want a coat. I fully expected to take it off when I got to work but it's been cold in my office (or at least I'm cold). Now I'm wearing a blue plaid shirt and black with white polka dot pants. It looks a bit odd to say the least.

I miss when I was rarely cold.
A bit cold you say....

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

It's our go to cheap theater. I love the tacky old decor of the place and the price is way cheaper than any Cineplex.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

We have one up in Vaughan in the Promenade. I want to say about a year ago me and a buddy decided to go to a movie still thinking it was Rainbow but saw Imagine instead. It's our go to now, slightly smaller screen but cheaper price and recliner chairs in every theatre. It's bliss!

Honestly to any of you who are near or in Vaughan go check out the Imagine cinemas at Promenade (Bathurst and Clark) you won't be disappointed.

We have one up in Vaughan in the Promenade. I want to say about a year ago me and a buddy decided to go to a movie still thinking it was Rainbow but saw Imagine instead. It's our go to now, slightly smaller screen but cheaper price and recliner chairs in every theatre. It's bliss!

Honestly to any of you who are near or in Vaughan go check out the Imagine cinemas at Promenade (Bathurst and Clark) you won't be disappointed.

And while you are there get some meat at Nortown

Quick

Banned
AIR CANADA CENTRE NO MORE!

Scotiabank Arena future is here.

Man, I know it's just a name and branding, but losing the ACC name is going to take a lot of getting used to.

Scotiabank Arena?

giphy.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still call it the Skydome, I'll be calling this the ACC for a while longer too.
Well, at least Skydome didn't have a corporation attached to it. lol

Imagine is like somewhere in between a rep cinema like the Revue and a chain, and it's good if you don't need the standard theater experience or want to day 1 a movie.

I wonder if Carlton got an upgrade during the time that Ryerson was using it as lecture halls. 15 years ago the theater was okay, but pretty dingy. Much like the old Eaton Centre theater for anyone who might be old enough to remember going there.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
There are a few people I know that are younger than myself that give me shit every time I say SkyDome because I'm an "old man". I'm gonna jam Scotiabank Arena down their throat the first time they say ACC. :lol

Sober

There are a few people I know that are younger than myself that give me shit every time I say SkyDome because I'm an "old man". I'm gonna jam Scotiabank Arena down their throat the first time they say ACC. :lol
Old man! No wonder everyone hates you

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's going to be fun when BMO stops paying for naming rights in 10 years but people still call it BMO Field after that. This is why it's important to be the first to have naming rights to stadiums/arenas.

Quadratic

Gearing up for TIFF this year. Doesn't look like there a lot of films I'm interested in this year. Any of you guys going?

The only movie I really want to see with a festival audience is Disaster Artist, however only 2 public screenings (what?) is going to make securing tickets very difficult.

Entropia

No One Remembers
It's going to be fun when BMO stops paying for naming rights in 10 years but people still call it BMO Field after that. This is why it's important to be the first to have naming rights to stadiums/arenas.

Very true.

Though I miss the days when arenas didn't have corporations tied to their name. i.e. Maple Leaf Gardens

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I still call it the SkyDome, or the Dome. Rarely do I call it the Rogers Centre. It'll take a while to get used to Scotiaban arena. Though I'll probably have an easier time since it's a corporate name this time.

Very true.

Though I miss the days when arenas didn't have corporations tied to their name. i.e. Maple Leaf Gardens
Same :(

krae_man

FYI to anyone going to Fan Expo, looks like you can book appointments for demos via the Experience Playstation app.

Reservations start being taken begin 3pm tomorrow.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Gearing up for TIFF this year. Doesn't look like there a lot of films I'm interested in this year. Any of you guys going?

The only movie I really want to see with a festival audience is Disaster Artist, however only 2 public screenings (what?) is going to make securing tickets very difficult.
Only thing I'm tempted for is Super Size Me 2. I took that whole week off...but my wife will be going to a bunch of movies so I'll be bumming around. Maybe I'll try this mythical "slaw" that everyone swears by from one of Susur Lee's places?
FYI to anyone going to Fan Expo, looks like you can book appointments for demos via the Experience Playstation app.

Reservations start being taken begin 3pm tomorrow.
Ehhhh any demos even worth it?

krae_man

Only thing I'm tempted for is Super Size Me 2. I took that whole week off...but my wife will be going to a bunch of movies so I'll be bumming around. Maybe I'll try this mythical "slaw" that everyone swears by from one of Susur Lee's places?

Ehhhh any demos even worth it?

The app lists the games:

COD WWII

VR Games:

Bravo Team
GT Sport
Monster of the Deep FFXV
Moss
ROM: Extraction
The Inpatient

jokkir

Unfortunately losing my VIP Metropass pricing :( does Presto have the tax credit available or was that phased out along with the Metropass?

Deciding if I should fully switch to Presto or just get Metropasses still since the rollout isn't fully completed yet.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately losing my VIP Metropass pricing :( does Presto have the tax credit available or was that phased out along with the Metropass?

Deciding if I should fully switch to Presto or just get Metropasses still since the rollout isn't fully completed yet.
No tax credits. Stay with metropasses if you can in the meantime.

Lexxism

No more transit credit. I'll get the TTC mdp unless that's what you were talking about. That's what I have right now. Presto does have the metropass but it's full price.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No more transit credit. I'll get the TTC mdp unless that's what you were talking about. That's what I have right now. Presto does have the metropass but it's full price.
I think they're phasing out MDP as they move people to Metropass.

Edit - holy crap, they want people to pay for a full year in order to get the discount now.

Quadratic

Only thing I'm tempted for is Super Size Me 2. I took that whole week off...but my wife will be going to a bunch of movies so I'll be bumming around.

I'm looking at the Sunday Sept 17 Screening of Super Size Me 2 when tickets go up on sale Sept 4. The 5:45pm screening at Scotiabank.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What? Where did you read that?
Saw it on reddit. Someone got an insert with the monthly pass in the mail.

Edit-I read it wrong - it's still monthly payments with a 12 month commitment. Whew.

Also I had no idea Trudeau cancelled the tax credit on transit passes altogether. Gotta incentivize car use, I guess? :p

I thought of checking out Fan Expo tomorrow, but it's 40 bucks just for one day...yeesh :O
I remember when it was 40 for the weekend. But that was when it was just starting to become stupid with the celebrities and whatnot. lol

Is Fan Expo worth it this year? I've never gone so I have no idea...

I may go to the air show Sunday or Fan Expo or just stay up in Thornhill and do other stuff

Brinbe

Friend said Odyssey was there as well as COD and probably a ton of other games. It's worth it for that alone. I remember getting plenty of time with Cuphead last year, which was super fun. I'll probably go tomorrow or maybe Saturday (though Sat is usually way too crowded)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody recommend a thing or an event to do that's cheap and coming up in the long weekend... Like at Sunday?
Downsview ribfest? Or you can drive me up to Quad's place so I can get Yakuza off him and then you can drive me back and then you go home. 😂

Should be plenty to do this long weekend though I really just want to play Yakuza and pass out in bed.

Top Bottom