• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto GAF Meetup 31: The Good, the Bad, and the Rabbid Drunks

Renewed

When: Saturday, June 24th @ 7PM
Where: Wheat Sheaf @ 667 King Street West

qhmTS0R.png

Tim Hortons (Queen St W / Bathurst) @ 6PM

y7bkOwv.png

Karaoke @ JaYuGongGan

5HakFCC.png

MAYbe we should have had a meetup last month? Nah, nothing worthwhile to begin with! 3rd time pushing the date back cause I get reminded then I forgot. Leave it to me to make the thread, I'll try not to forget you all this time too. If the worst happens, just claim my identity and do as I would.

With June, it's E3 time! We get new game announcements, another look at games on the way, and moments that make you want to shut your device off and take a nice walk in this great weather. So what better way to cap that off than with a meetup?
(so we can lament the impending price jumps some games are seeing and curse off this damn hobby)

We've hit the cusp of summer and the heat is coming, so it's time to claim a patio and get salty over Mario Kart!

RRmsPIg.png

If you wanna chat with fellow Toronto GAF members, visit our Toronto-Age community thread!

We've also got a Discord server where you can complain about all sorts of mundane things (over voice chat too!) :D

prn2koe.png

But I'm shy and scared of meeting people I don't know
Best way to get over that? Go out and meet some people. Yes, we don't know you, and you don't know us. However, the people I've met have all been friendly and we haven't had disagreements in the past. What will you talk about? What do you want to talk about?

But it's too far and it's too cold / warm!
Yes...! Another convert of Team Warm! One of us was driving back from NEW YORK the night of the last meet up and STILL made it. Another came all the way from OTTAWA! The temperatures for the last meet up, I'm guessing, were colder than this coming meet up AND there was a power outage last time. Nothing...stops this train.
^ No fucking weather excuses. It's the Fall now and this is basically one of the small parts of the year where the weather should be agreeable to everyone. Come on, people.

But I don't drink alcohol and bar food is disgusting
Come chat and/or bring your portable game system and play a few rounds of that popular video game with us. You can always come just to say hello, see the carnage, and be witness to the shenanigans.

But I'm poor...! :(
If you can make it, people usually treat others to at least one round. Of course, we aren't going to do this if Rob Ford or something like 50 crazies show up, but anyone who comes for a drink always gets one. You can always join Kraftwerk for some Kraft Water.

I'm busy doing [insert activity here]
If you're busy at home watching tv/movies or playing video games, they aren't going anywhere, and you can play games with us and discuss tv/movies with us. If you're busy doing someone, well...you can finish and then come visit after a shower of course.

I'm tired
Nothing brings out the energy like discussion and body slams.

Why would I want to go meet a bunch of Internet gaming nerds?
lol says the person posting on an Internet gaming forum.

Z0fQupm.png

Going:
Renewed
shadowkat
EvilMario
krae_man
Quadratic
Kuro Madoushi
firehawk12
StrangeRoboMemory
mhee12Bee
chaobreaker
dluu13
Cripplegate
whitehawk

Maybe:
Entropia
capitalCORN
Brinbe
yanipheonu
Sober

Not Going:
gabbo
Quick

Entropia

No One Remembers
As always, I am a MAYBE. I am actually going to be in town on at least Friday but unsure of plans after that.

Do you guys ever play games at these meet ups? And how many people usually show up?

edit: just fully read OP. I'll have to check my availability closer to the meetup but if we are allowed to bring a TV and play games wherever this is I can bring something to play in multiplayer(bomberman 7 players/Double Dash 8 players). I'd only be able to carry one TV though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I haven't come to one in what feels like forever, so I'll make sure I have time for this one. I am in.

If there's a desire for karaoke again, we should think about doing something around Yonge St downtown so we could do Bar+

Quadratic

I'm in.

I'm still in the no-Switch club. We could muscle our way into the rooftop patio of the Drake Hotel lol.

Probably will settle for the crap poutine at the Imperial Pub rooftop patio instead :)

gabbo

I'm out. Am out of town that weekend. Hopefully I can make it one more meetup this year.
If Kuro still has Mario Kart, I owe him for that... yeesh. The last time I was at a meetup seems so long ago

Stopdoor

Do you guys ever play games at these meet ups? And how many people usually show up?

edit: just fully read OP. I'll have to check my availability closer to the meetup but if we are allowed to bring a TV and play games wherever this is I can bring something to play in multiplayer(bomberman 7 players/Double Dash 8 players). I'd only be able to carry one TV though.

Last time I went it was more about being a meetup than playing games, I'd doubt there'd be room for a TV at a place to eat (unless someone wants to correct me).

Do you legit have a setup for Double Dash 8 players? I've been trying to figure out how to do a multiplayer meetup in Toronto.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
In for now. Unless it's Imperial Pub...WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOY, QUAD?!

We'll have portable systems there. And Krae was nice enough to bring Bomberman once. I figure we can play Bomberman Switch or something else?

Renewed

Ok I'm alive. How much hotpot is too much? Also I do wonder how many people want karaoke again since I've enjoyed it, and would be glad to consider something nearby Bar+. Otherwise Chimac it is.

Oh and to Barrel Cannon, I find it difficult to set up in a restaurant so that's why I just considered bringing my Switch. If it were something like a dedicated LAN party we could just take someone's house over or something lol

Stopdoor

Oh and to Barrel Cannon, I find it difficult to set up in a restaurant so that's why I just considered bringing my Switch. If it were something like a dedicated LAN party we could just take someone's house over or something lol

Well, do ya guys ever actually do that...?

Mhee12Bee

At this point, we either pick KFC or actual KFC. It's also my birthday this 20th. Going use this meetup to get extra trashed.

Last time I went it was more about being a meetup than playing games, I'd doubt there'd be room for a TV at a place to eat (unless someone wants to correct me).

Do you legit have a setup for Double Dash 8 players? I've been trying to figure out how to do a multiplayer meetup in Toronto.

Yes, I have 2 gamecubes, 2 LAN adapters, 2 copies of the game and I have 8 controllers(one is a no name controller though). Carrying TVs always seems to be the biggest pain in the but. I'm sure everyone prefers CRTs like me for the gamecube. I can 't bring my CRTs(one is too big for me to carry around and the other is too small). I can however bring a crappy 19 inch Dynex LCD tv with me.

I should be able to make it.

krae man, do you want me to bring some dark & stormy? My store apparently has a whole bunch of it.

Stopdoor

Yes, I have 2 gamecubes, 2 LAN adapters, 2 copies of the game and I have 8 controllers(one is a no name controller though). Carrying TVs always seems to be the biggest pain in the but. I'm sure everyone prefers CRTs like me for the gamecube. I can 't bring my CRTs(one is too big for me to carry around and the other is too small). I can however bring a crappy 19 inch Dynex LCD tv with me.

That's pretty awesome, I'm really into weird local multiplayer stuff and this is on my bucket list. The cost of the duplicate adaptors and Double Dash not being a cheap game is a deterrent I'll eventually get over.

I'll have to hit you up if I ever figure out a good way to do multiplayer meetups in Toronto!

Renewed

I'll let y'all have Chimac. Just need to see if it's something I can make reservations for, otherwise imma have to do something.

Renewed

Per their response:

Chimac said:
Hi Jamal, since we have a small space, we don't take any reservation, but what you can do is you can call us by the time you wish to walk in and we will put you on the waiting list and call you back when we have open tables for your party. I hope this helps and see you on Saturday. Cheer!

I'm gonna look into a backup if y'all don't mind lol

Renewed

I went to Utopia Cafe for some reason and had nachos. Nooope

We all get Wheat Sheaf. Suffer with me. Or return to Dundas Video for something vidya related

Top Bottom