• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOTAL REBOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Berry

Banned
daxter01 said:
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
total-recall-mars-surface.jpg

W H A T T H E F U C K ??????

DONT MESS WITH THE CLASSICS YOU MONEY HUNGRY MOVIE INDUSTRY DOGS!!!

2ccqec6.gif

2ccqec6.gif

2ccqec6.gif

2ccqec6.gif

2ccqec6.gif

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

OuterWorldVoice said:
I don't mind this. There are loads of movies I would love to see multiple takes on:

I'd like to see a Running Man movie that is actually based on the story in the novella.

I'd like to see a giant Dune uberepic.

I'd like to see a Highlander remake with a MUSE soundtrack.

I'd like to see a new take on 2001 (the novel series) not just a slavish ode to Kubrick's film.
Oh Jesus yes.

Grisby

Damn this isn't about the cartoon.

And I guarantee you the effects are not going to be as awesome as the originals.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
OuterWorldVoice said:
I don't mind this. There are loads of movies I would love to see multiple takes on:

I'd like to see a Running Man movie that is actually based on the story in the novella.

I'd like to see a giant Dune uberepic.

I'd like to see a Highlander remake with a MUSE soundtrack.

I'd like to see a new take on 2001 (the novel series) not just a slavish ode to Kubrick's film.

Well fuck me.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
Talon- said:
I don't care how young you were - Reboot stank.

i re-watched the series months ago and found it to be engrossing. i peeped beast wars after that just for good measure. they both were as entertaining as ever!

Busty

Banned
It should come as no surprise that this comes from Columbia Pictures (aka Sony) who, as a studio, are known for making bizarre choices and then paying through the nose for them.

Example A should be 'How Do You Know?', a rom com with a budget of $120m that's going to make less than $20m in the US.

There was one rumour kicking around ages ago that Kurt Wimmer's script for this reboot isn't actually set on Mars at all but is more of a 'futuristic Bourne' style actioner.

I don't mind Len Wiseman at all but this whole project just rubs me the wrong way.

every Arnold movie outside of Conan, Commando and Predator should be remade. A lot of movies age terribly because of how bad and unbelievable his accent/acting is.

Even True Lies. That's right, I said TRUE FUCKING LIES.

Ninja Scooter said:
every Arnold movie outside of Conan, Commando and Predator should be remade. A lot of movies age terribly because of how bad and unbelievable his accent/acting is.

Die in a fire.

You would have them remake T1 and T2 as well?

Ninja Scooter said:
lol i forgot about Terminator but no those are safe. He's playing a fucking robot so it works.

Why would you want them to remake True Lies? How could anybody want that?

Didn't you see Mr. And Mrs. Smith?

Scullibundo said:
Why would you want them to remake True Lies? How could anybody want that?

Didn't you see Mr. And Mrs. Smith?

not saying that I want one, just that if they did (and it was done by the right people, not hacks) I wouldn't mind it, and I certainly wouldn't just write it off right off the bat and start spewing garbage about my childhood being raped. It's a great movie but it's not like it's infallible, in part because of Arnold. At this point he kinda becomes distracting in a lot of movies, at least for me. I feel the same way with something like Total Recall.

Ninja Scooter said:
not saying that I want one, just that if they did (and it was done by the right people, not hacks) I wouldn't mind it. It's a great movie but it's not like it's infallible, in part because of Arnold. At this point he kinda becomes distracting in a lot of movies, at least for me.

True Lies features Arnold's best acting though.

Arnold's charisma, accented delivery, and physical presence makes most those movies memorable.

Anyone else expect Arnold in True Lies?

Good god, no!

Scullibundo said:
True Lies features Arnold's best acting though.

His best acting is everyone else's (except maybe shitty Sam Worthington) C level. And it's not so much the acting, it's just him. He became too larger than life. It's like watching Hulk Hogan act or something. He's AHNOLD in every movie.

Ninja Scooter said:
His best acting is everyone else's (except maybe shitty Sam Worthington) C level. And it's not so much the acting, it's just him. He became too larger than life. It's like watching Hulk Hogan act or something. He's AHNOLD in every movie.

Until you see Hulk Hogan "act."

Ninja Scooter said:

Ninja Scooter. Its the holidays, we shouldn't fight and I shouldn't say anything I might regret. So with that in mind, let us put this conversation to rest with a very sincere fuck you.

Lebron

You're fucking crazy. I will storm whatever studio that green lights Kindergarten Cop or Jingle All the Way remakes.

THERE IS NO BATHROOM

Ninja Scooter said:

5k37y9.gif

On Total Recall remake - 200 million Budget. Fuck me.

Ninja Scooter said:

WHAT.

Ninja Scooter said:

There's nothing wrong with that.

Some of the movies, like Total Recall, do deserve another shot. Other movies were great because of Arnold being Arnold. No one would care about Kindergarten Cop if it was Dileep Rao acting as a teacher; I mean care less.

What the hell? Why is Colin Farrell still getting hate these days?

In Bruges, The New World, Miami Vice, The Way Back (haven't seen yet but it looks good)

I think it's safe to say he's awesome. And probably the only reason I'm slightly interested in this dumb reboot idea. Verhoeven films should remain untouched.

Ravidrath

I don't really get this at all, and hopefully never will.

What is the point of rebooting a movie for an audience who knows nothing about the original?

Just make a new movie! Copy it in every way and call it something else, instead of referencing something ancient and unknown to the target audience.

Eew len wiseman is directing? Colin Farrell or not I'm passing on this one.

FunkyPajamas said:
Meh Farrell. Acting is not arching your eyebrows, you hack.

Neither is furrowing them, like a certain leonardo. I don't want to turn this into actor-wars though.

Ninja Scooter said:

I don't go to a Scwarzenegger film to see "acting". I go to see ASS KICKING

Discotheque said:
Because he's known to just furrow his eyebrows and 'act'. He's got this constant grumpy face.
Oh, ok, my bad. I thought you were somehow countering my post. Sorry.

[edit] Wait, which Leonardo are we talking about? DiCaprio or DaVinci? Or the Ninja Turtle?
NiKKO FRANCHiSE said:
all i'm concerned about is if they're going to go CGI the 3 tits on the chick, or do it the right way -old school style silicone rubber happiness.

or they can just find a real 3 tittied chick on craigslist or something. Either way it's win/win.
A man who knows his priorities. I welcome you to our midst.

all i'm concerned about is if they're going to go CGI the 3 tits on the chick, or do it the right way -old school style silicone rubber happiness.

or they can just find a real 3 tittied chick on craigslist or something. Either way it's win/win.

Wait is this new movie a remake of Total Recall or an adaption of "We can remember it for you for wholesale?" (Which Total Recall was based on)?

G-Fex

Discotheque said:
What the hell? Why is Colin Farrell still getting hate these days?

In Bruges, The New World, Miami Vice, The Way Back (haven't seen yet but it looks good)

I think it's safe to say he's awesome. And probably the only reason I'm slightly interested in this dumb reboot idea. Verhoeven films should remain untouched.

Colin Farrel is one of the biggest douches I've ever seen. My god he ruined Bullseye for me(well that whole movie ruined everything about daredevil), what a stupid bastahd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom