• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total Solar Eclipse (US) of 2017

e_i

My coworkers were outside with glasses. They gave a pair. Absolutely freaking cool. It's about 1/2 covered in Jersey.

Geist-

Well, that was awesome. Cloud cover cleared up just in time for totality and then came back right after it was done. Beautiful experience.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Can someone explain the blue crescent in this picture to me?

2wFk7

http://imgur.com/a/2wFk7

Weevilone

I saw totality for 2 minutes. Wow, it was amazing!

I had zero appreciation for the difference between almost and total. I feel terrible for not inviting some family to visit. They are doing 96% total so I thought that was close enough.

There is no comparison. 100% and 99% were entirely different experiences.

Totality was unlike anything I have ever seen. The atmosphere felt other worldly

I need an explanation for the wavy looking effect on the ground just before and after totality.

MilShap

Totality is beyond words or pictures. It is truly something else, I was very lucky to get to experience it this time, hope everyone who wants to gets the opportunity.

Managed to see it at its most covered for my area (~90% covered). Was dope. Would consider traveling to an area of totality if ever given the chance.

TheMan

I live in the southern half of St. Louis county, saw what felt like a minute of totality. It was pretty awesome, but people on the news are acting like they had their first orgasm,

Nesotenso

was like close to totality for a minute. great experience. clouds have just rolled in KC.

We had thunder storms in the morning and the clouds had cleared up just at the right time.

Hope I get to witness a 100% total eclipse in my lifetime.

I saw totality for 2 minutes. Wow, it was amazing!

I had zero appreciation for the difference between almost and total. I feel terrible for not inviting some family to visit. They are doing 96% total so I thought that was close enough.

Yeah people not under full totality don't realize this.

Even high 90s is not the real thing. The crazy phenomena only happens under full totality. The planet's could be seen in the sky, full 360 degree sunset, the bugs started chirping, and the sun itself......unreal

Only 80% here in Michigan, so nothing spectacular but still cool regardless. Just have to hope I'm not bust in seven years, hah.

Congrats to those who got to experience the totality!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Lot of kids and old people I've seen looking at it directly, ugh. The group the most in trouble of vision issues I imagine.

Super jealous of everyone who gets to experience totality. My coworker is in Wyoming right now viewing it. I just got back from a month-long trip so I couldn't travel to see it. Just watching the footage on the NASA stream is breathtaking though. I'll be trying hard to see that 2024 eclipse in person.

Looking at the sun for a second isn't going to hurt anyone. People accidentally do it all the time but I can understand the concern that someone doesn't want others to state at it without protection.

the sun is a like a laser in a partial eclipse, out here with the glasses and here am I thinking it'd get slightly darker but oh no, sun aint having that shit.

Weevilone

Yeah people not under full totality don't realize this.

Even high 90s is not the real thing. The crazy phenomena only happens under full totality. The planet's could be seen in the sky, full 360 degree sunset, the bugs started chirping, and the sun itself......unreal

After all the build up, it was hard to just take the glasses off and stare at totality. I sorta glanced back and forth. Reading it's fine and doing it were different things, and it was tough to keep track of time not realizing how obvious it would be when it transitioned.

I'd be much better at this next time.

Edit: I have woods behind my house and the bugs went nuts.

Top Bottom