• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us has all single Toys to Life figures for 2 for $20 including Mega Yarn Yoshi

Onaco

If you have GCU or Prime, you are saving about 39 cents off per normal Amiibo by buying this. Hardly worth it.

If your store still has any. Good luck (seriously)!

I went back and forth on making this thread.

I'm afraid someone will see this a buy a ton to scalp.

At the same time that's probably happening already so I thought since there's two days left to give people who genuinely want one a chance.

I bought one from Manchester tonight near closing in Manchester, CT and I know they had another one out. Maybe more in the back.

It was the first time I had been to Toys R Us in a while. Apparently they relate the new Nintendo 2.5" line that had Samus and a Villager in it while I was caught up.

She wasn't there but I'm debating on going to Toys R Us that's a bit of a drive but we'll stocked that I got my Tingle at.

I went to TrU like two weeks ago and they had at least one Mega Yarn Yoshi out on the floor. When I worked there, we only kept a few things like that out at a time.

Hopefully it's still there tomorrow morning, or they have some in the back.

I went to TrU like two weeks ago and they had at least one Mega Yarn Yoshi out on the floor. When I worked there, we only kept a few things like that out at a time.

Hopefully it's still there tomorrow morning, or they have some in the back.

They definitely kept stock in the back and only put out one of two when restocks came in a while ago from a clerk I talk to. They take up a ton of space. I got mine from behind the glass above the Wii U games.

They should definitely have some unless a lot of people know about the deal this week or someone bought them all from that store.

Cindro

If you have GCU or Prime, you are saving about 39 cents off per normal Amiibo by buying this. Hardly worth it.
Hold on a darn minute - GCU works with amiibo??

I need to crunch the numbers to figure out how many hundreds of dollars I could have saved had I known that before.

its online too, by the way. free shipping when i put the pink and blue $18 yarn yoshis in my cart. *shrug*

unfortunately, mega yarn yoshi isnt on there.

Yeah I'll add this to the OP. My mind kind of went to Mega Yarn Yoshi but the regular ones are also a great deal with this offer.

I was super tempted at the store but I reminded myself the more doubles I get, like Modern colors 8-bit Mario, the less Amiibo I would need for a complete collection.

I don't want that temptation as some who buys all unique characters at the least.

My god, what have I been doing with my wallet :(

Toys to life aren't listed as a benefit though:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-best-buy/gamers-club/pcmcat338600050004.c?id=pcmcat338600050004

Do they count amiibo as software? Is it 20% off then?

EDIT: Does it also work on things like Xbox Live membership and eShop cards?

Man. I'm sorry. I thought this was common knowledge since launch. All Toys to Life (Amiibo, Skylanders, Infinity, Dimensions) get the discount.

It's why Best Buy always were sold out much quicker than other stores for Amiibo.

I can easily say I've saved over $100 with what I've saved on Toys to Life alone.

Cindro

This knowledge is literally a game changer for me. So much money taken to the torch and burned to ash because I was too uninformed to look into GCU myself. BUT, 'tis always better to be late than to never arrive at all :D

Erv

I just realized I have never seen the mega yarn yoshi in any store. You guys still see places selling these?

Serpentera

Neo Member
If you guys happen to see the Mega Yarn Yoshi at a TRU most definitely pick one up. A lot of the stores (at least in my area) are all out of stock. Plus for the $21 something you end up spending, its more than worth it!

Erv

If you guys happen to see the Mega Yarn Yoshi at a TRU most definitely pick one up. A lot of the stores (at least in my area) are all out of stock. Plus for the $21 something you end up spending, its more than worth it!

i want to, but i find it hard to believe it can easily be found. some people here are saying theres have some which is hard to believe, but I may try to look for one tomorrow.

I just realized I have never seen the mega yarn yoshi in any store. You guys still see places selling these?

They went out of stock extremely quickly the first time around.

When they restocked over a month ago each store had plenty but only put one (or sometimes none) out as it's a large item to put in the Toys to Life space.

So that's maybe why you wouldn't have saw one before this week. This week it's probably due to this offer.

It's not really a mistake as it's a single character. It's the only single Toys to Life that's above $20. Every single characters except the smaller Yarn Yoshis top out at $16 for Skylanders and Infinity.

Toysrus has the offers all the time but they're usually B1G40/50 and always when they have includ Amiibos. This week someone forgot.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Thanks to this thread I just spent $80 on the new Amiibos available for order and pre-order at Best Buy.
GCU for the win!

Balb

Even if it's not part of the deal, is Mega Yarn Yoshi widely available now? I wanted one when it came out but it sold out quickly.

fernoca

Even if it's not part of the deal, is Mega Yarn Yoshi widely available now? I wanted one when it came out but it sold out quickly.
They released more a few months ago, but still varies by store.

Since it seems to be part of the deal, you can get 2 Megas for $20 instead of one for $40.

Coreda

I don't know what this means?

aX8y3Gg.png

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Mega Yarn Yoshi page doesn't even exist on their website. How am I supposed to see what stores even have them, if at all?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Considering Best Buy sometimes is sold out of certain figures, resorting to TRU with this sale isn't totally insane. Besides, saving a handful of cents is saving a handful of cents. You buy enough Amiibos and it adds up.

That's a damn good get!

TransTrender

Gold Member
You should probably wait honestly.

Non-Smash Amiibos tend to be plentiful enough that Amazon eventually discounts them past $10.

Nah.

I basically bought all the new Smash ones plus the new Splatoon ones. It took MONTHS for them to show up where I live when the first Splatoon sets came out.

Guaranteed availability (still a HUGE problem with everything but Animal Crossing where I live).
GCU discount is still good.
No tax.
No shipping costs.
Used some Reward Zone certs.
Used BB credit card for the balance and gained more Reward Zone points.
No brainer for me.

My store had quite a few of the mega yarn yoshis available. Pretty crazy that the 2 for 20 deal works on them, it'll make for a great gift for my nephew.

Thanks for the heads up, op.

kdoll08

I grabbed 2 of the mega yoshi's also. Great deal at 2 for 20. One for me, one for my daughter. Thanks for the thread op

jadedm17

Stopped into Toys R Us today at 8 PM EST and customer service said they had four all taken by one man today at 230 PM EST. The guy bragged how he cleared the neighboring town out too.

I wanted two : One for my shelf, one for my friend's.

I hate people.

Call them.

Deal hunting rule of thumb is never call. If you can stop in and ask them : If you call an employee can say no and keep said deal for themselves.

Stopped into Toys R Us today at 8 PM EST and customer service said they had four all taken by one man today at 230 PM EST. The guy bragged how he cleared the neighboring town out too.

I wanted two : One for my shelf, one for my friend's.

I hate people.

Deal hunting rule of thumb is never call. If you can stop in and ask them : If you call an employee can say no and keep said deal for themselves.

It sucks. They obviously didn't put limits because the Mega Yarn Yoshi and it's price was probably not factored in.

There are quite a few people who buy stuff low and sell to make a profit.

This Yarn Yoshi deal is incredible for them because for every $10 they spend they can make over $25 selling online.

It's why I thought about buying the last Mega Yarn Yoshi I saw yesterday because I thought it would probably get taken by scalpers and I could at least give it to someone who wanted it.

Better though to hope someone who genuinely wants it get it.

Koppai

I can't be bothered to drive down there to get one. If any of GAF wants to do a solid and sell me one for a good price I would be forever grateful. Every time I have driven down to Toys R Us to get something they told me they didn't have it even though when I called on the phone they said they did.

Top Bottom