• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for "10 Cloverfield Lane" (aka Cloverfield 2) airs before 13 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTF

Howard Stern was raving about it this morning too (similar comments to those of Patton's). But Stern has shit taste in movies and Goodman was his guest today so who knows lol. Still have high hopes and will be seeing it this weekend.

GhaleonEB

I read several reviews that loved the ending shot of TFA. But he says the ending is great, not the ending shot, which is really not the same thing.

As someone who didn't really care for Cloverfield - great concept, crap execution - I've been excited for this from day 1 as it looked like an interesting thriller. Though I'd assumed it was in the same universe as Cloverfield from the name, I don't really care that it's not. Definitely seeing it opening night.

Tambini

I'm sure I will love this film but I do want a real Cloverfield 2. Maybe if this movie does well they will consider it, they must have seen how many people want it already

Mariolee

I was referring to the tweet from the prior page, where he praises the ending of Cloverfield Lane. It was brought up that he also liked the ending shot of TFA - which is not really a good comparison.

Ah missed your last post. My mistake.

I thinj the point still stands that maybe hype overwhelms Oswalt's sense of proper judgement and criticism.

Ashhong

Dammit the only reason I want to know which Reddit leak is real is so I know if I want to watch this in IMAX or not. I don't want to regret not watching it there and then have to watch it again.

People expecting the Cloverfield monster to show up in Chicago aren't even using their heads. The Cloverfield monster is amphibious, which is why it crawled out of the ocean and tantrum'd around a coastal city. Why would it trek 800 miles inland and mill around outside of this dude's bunker?

This. So much this.

excuxe us for not knowing Cloverfield monster's biology
I'm mainly coming at it from the distance between New York and New Orleans, and the need for that specific monster to reappear. Cloverfield was cool for the mystery. Seeing that monster again at the end of this wouldn't be interesting. It's just be 'oh there's the monster again. Guess it can survive nukes, and is down to walk across the country. Whatever'.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm mainly coming at it from the distance between New York and New Orleans, and the need for that specific monster to reappear. Cloverfield was cool for the mystery. Seeing that monster again at the end of this wouldn't be interesting. It's just be 'oh there's the monster again. Guess it can survive nukes, and is down to walk across the country. Whatever'.

Whatever?

WHATEVER?

Dude, people wanted to see it again. I would be so excited if it had been the case. Yeah, it's not an original concept at this point, but don't discount that they could've done something interesting regardless.

Whatever?

WHATEVER?

Dude, people wanted to see it again. I would be so excited if it had been the case. Yeah, it's not an original concept at this point, but don't discount that they could've done something interesting regardless.
Fair enough. I just think it'd be too expected of a twist for them to do it. The second the trailers came out, everyone's first theory was that it would end with that monster. That's all I was really getting at.

Toa TAK

Banned
Fair enough. I just think it'd be too expected of a twist for them to do it. The second the trailers came out, everyone's first theory was that it would end with that monster. That's all I was really getting at.
I getcha.

But still.

I'm just not over it yet. ;_;

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Got Cloverfield on a plex server that i'm gonna enjoy with a drink this evening. I'll wait till my "must own everything" friend snags the blue ray for this one before I check it out. Tense, tight thriller is all good but I was definitely in it for some more monster movie madness...

woulda been cool if he had like... taken over manhattan as a nest and starting popping out all sorts of deep see crazy shit onto the east coast.

Gravidee

Got Cloverfield on a plex server that i'm gonna enjoy with a drink this evening. I'll wait till my "must own everything" friend snags the blue ray for this one before I check it out. Tense, tight thriller is all good but I was definitely in it for some more monster movie madness...

woulda been cool if he had like... taken over manhattan as a nest and starting popping out all sorts of deep see crazy shit onto the east coast.

Sounds awfully similar to another giant monster movie that took place in Manhattan...

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Seeing this Wednesday for free

drake-13.w529.h352.gif

Do we have an OT title yet?

MattyG

Banned
Honestly I'm still just as hyped as I was before, even now that I know there's
no Clovie.
It still looks fantastic.

Ashhong

I got an invite to a fantasy action movie on Wednesday...was hoping it might be Cloverfield but the screening said "expected to be pg13". Unless they are trying to trick me

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I got an invite to a fantasy action movie on Wednesday...was hoping it might be Cloverfield but the screening said "expected to be pg13". Unless they are trying to trick me
Maybe you're watching an early cut of Warcraft

Penguin

Just back from this

Fun premiere, JJ Abrams was there, the director, Amy Schumer (don't worry not a spoiler, they thought it would be fun to have someone not related to the film answer fan questions)

I enjoyed it for the most part. I don't wanna say anything to spoil it for folks, but a solid 7/10

Toa TAK

Banned
No normal OT? :(
I just figured it would be kind of hard to discuss without going all in with the ending and how secretive the marketing is.

If that doesn't fly with people I can easily change it back. I just thought since the movie was all about delivering a surprise people shouldn't be hampered by tags when trying to discuss it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Colbert introduced this movie as JJ's.

Poor Dan Trachtenberg, a lot of people will have no idea he was the director. Thankfully JJ pointed out that he wasn't the director.

Is Dan not doing press for the film? Haven't seen him promoting it.

Everything I said earlier throughout the thread was true and I'm so happy. Great premiere, great film, and I hope there's more Cloverfield films <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom