• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for "10 Cloverfield Lane" (aka Cloverfield 2) airs before 13 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
And he ate shit on that, and has said he's not doing it again going forward.

There are new monsters in this film, not Cloverfield.

It's weird that this article is being spun as a negative when he's flat out confirmed there are new monsters (plural, even) in the movie. There are going to be monsters in here of some sort, not just John Goodman being a crazy asshole - although I'm sure that's at least one of the monsters being discussed there.

Three characters... three types of monsters. yawn. still gonna see though so whatever.

Mariolee

And he ate shit on that, and has said he's not doing it again going forward.

There are new monsters in this film, just not Clover

It's weird that this article is being spun as a negative when he's flat out confirmed there are new monsters (plural, even) in the movie. There are going to be monsters in here of some sort, not just John Goodman being a crazy asshole - although I'm sure that's at least one of the monsters being discussed there.

Good enough for me. The appeal of Cloverfield wasn't the monster itself, but the human interaction and emotion that stems from it.

Jamesways

Good enough for me. The appeal of Cloverfield wasn't the monster itself, but the human interaction and emotion that stems from it.
I really liked the ground view perspective from it. The confusion, panic, glimpses of something completely alien to the normal world. It made you very uneasy to not know what it was or what was happening.

Tambini

People have seen the movie and are discussing the plot on 10cloverfieldlane reddit now so beware of spoilers or go check it out if you are into that

cirrhosis

I've been catching up on the ARG for this every few days. Forgot about the release of this and just spoiled myself on the actual plot line. If what I read is true, it's pretty much a bait-and-switch. Real disappointing.

I read the spoilers, but I'm still not sure if I want to see it in theaters. I was hoping to read something that pushed me in either direction on the film.

ThisGuy

2030114.jpg

Trying my best not to click thread spoilers.

Yeah the entire synopsis is on there.

Is it the same synopsis as the old "Valencia" synopsis or is it someone who actually saw a critics/preview screening?

I know the press screenings aren't happening up here until Tuesday, but that doesn't mean other cities haven't gotten theirs already.

Dalek

Is it the same synopsis as the old "Valencia" synopsis or is it someone who actually saw a critics/preview screening?

I know the press screenings aren't happening up here until Tuesday, but that doesn't mean other cities haven't gotten theirs already.

It seems very different.

Ashhong

Yeah, doesn't seem worth it.
Despite it being a bit of a cash grab with the name I still think it will be a good film but not worth the imax cost

I absolutely love IMAX. Will watch almost anything on that thing. But man, maybe it's a question of SHOULD I lol. 20$ for 1 ticket is a steep price for a movie taking place mostly in 1 room.

That being said, I think I am going to love this movie.

I'm not reading the spoilers, but just seeing everyone's reactions to them...

=/

Honestly, people shouldn't be too surprised. It still seems like a great movie.

M52B28

Banned
Fuck. Looking back at Cloverfield, that movie was pretty damn good for the time it came out.

The ending, in particular, made me tear up so much.

Now I'm hearing that this is in no way related to Cloverfield. I'm sort of disappointed, but I'll probably see it anyways.

I can't believe so many people wanna be spoiled regardless.

Early word is it's great and a lot of it has to do with not knowing much and tension throughout yet everyone wants to know everything lol.

Silly.

I can't believe so many people wanna be spoiled regardless.

Early word is it's great and a lot of it has to do with not knowing much and tension throughout yet everyone wants to know everything lol.

Silly.

I'm not sold on the movie and thought the spoilers might convince me to go see it.

I just don't get that though. The movie is all about secrecy and it just seems like a lot of tension regardless. Any spoiler no matter how good or bad someone takes it just seems like it diminishes all that.

Dalek

I just don't get that though. The movie is all about secrecy and it just seems like a lot of tension regardless. Any spoiler no matter how good or bad someone takes it just seems like it diminishes all that.

You may not believe this but I read every Harry Potter book and Lord of the Rings book before seeing their respective films and it didn't ruin my enjoyment one bit.

Sagroth

I want to be spoiled, simply so I can know if I'm gonna see the film in theatres(which means monster) or get it from Redbox(no monster).

Mariolee

You may not believe this but I read every Harry Potter book and Lord of the Rings book before seeing their respective films and it didn't ruin my enjoyment one bit.

The difference is you were still properly presented the twists and turns and emotional development of the plot through some of the greatest writers of our time.

Don't even begin to compare that with reading redditor's five paragraph summary of the plot, if it even reaches that length. You cheat yourself out of the joy of the journey.

You cheat yourself out of the joy of the journey.

The joy of the journey can be appreciated in different ways by different people. Someone knowing the skeleton of a plot might take that knowledge and use it to focus on different aspects of the storytelling now that they don't have to preoccupy themselves with trying to outsmart the movie or stay two steps ahead of it.

There's joy to be found in that, certainly, supposing that the execution of the story is up to snuff.

Right?

There's no one size fits all way to best maximize someone's enjoyment of fiction. People do it differently. Some people want to be "spoiled," some don't, some like a blurry mix of the two.

It's all in how you prioritize the aspects of your storytelling.

Mariolee

The joy of the journey can be appreciated in different ways by different people. Someone knowing the skeleton of a plot might take that knowledge and use it to focus on different aspects of the storytelling now that they don't have to preoccupy themselves with trying to outsmart the movie or stay two steps ahead of it.

There's joy to be found in that, certainly, supposing that the execution of the story is up to snuff.

Right?

There's no one size fits all way to best maximize someone's enjoyment of fiction. People do it differently. Some people want to be "spoiled," some don't, some like a blurry mix of the two.

It's all in how you prioritize the aspects of your storytelling.

Sure, I 100% agree with that. I'm just speaking that from my own personal preference. The director and producers have carefully laid out what to present to the public and with a film like this, I feel like the best experience of this film is to watch it the way the crew expected this film to be watched.

I feel like the best experience of this film is to watch it the way the crew expected this film to be watched.

No, I get you, I'm just saying "the best experience" is so variable from person to person that trying to suggest there's set, standard way (beyond the basics of shut the fuck up and pay attention to the screen) is bound to have a few holes in it.

I feel like the solid bedrock everyone can stand on is "be engaged and pay attention." Anything past that is gonna vary from person to person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom