• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for "10 Cloverfield Lane" (aka Cloverfield 2) airs before 13 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erv

I don't know how these people upload these trailers so quick but thank god. Awesome commercial. More hyped.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm still under the belief they added a whole new third act to what was originally there (a paranoia-induced thriller set in a bunker), and this Superbowl commercial convinced me even more!

Bloomers

the Gaga SSB back-to-back with the surprise Cloverfield trailer gave me chills. I'm even more hyped now since this confirms that the film won't be entirely inside the bunker.

Arkeband

Banned
There could be 4 versions of essentially the same trailer with just minor differences for ARG purposes.

That's what Unfiction and the subreddit believes, considering the ARG is in full swing.

The Superbowl commercial flashed a 1-frame picture of a newspaper/magazine with numbers on it, so last I saw they were trying to figure out how that fits in.

Then people ordered Swamp Pop, the drink in the trailers, and they came with puzzle pieces of the Eiffel tower, and the official ARG site has an Eiffel tower picture and a password no one's figured out yet. Swamp Pop's site also has 'out of stock' a 15-year shelter supply of the drink for $4813, which is the numbers input in the trailer on the jukebox. Then another string of four numbers were found through a series of breadcrumbs through a photo the official Twitter account posted.

So yeah, my guess is that they're strictly ARG related with some minor differences.

Sai-kun

Banned
Just saw a trailer before Zoolander 2, and it was the same as the original trailer, but with a split second of something new right at the end. Hope someone documents it!

Just saw a trailer before Zoolander 2, and it was the same as the original trailer, but with a split second of something new right at the end. Hope someone documents it!

Same with Deadpool, right at the end of the trailer an image flashed of what looked like a cartoon of a clothed monkey. I'm not sure, but it may have been one of these:

kgKc0JO.jpg

But I think it had a hat... I had completely forgotten and went out after seeing the film, so my description may be off.. it was definitely a monkey.

Edit* it was this:

hDI8Xpd.png

How was Zoolander 2???? O_O

I would browse the OT but I got fucking spoiled from the Deadpool OT so I've been avoiding movie OT's.

inm8num2

J.J. Abrams already knows what the third Cloverfield movie would be (EW)

When I asked Abrams about this during a press day for 10 Cloverfield Lane, he was hesitant to categorize the two films as anything at all. “I think that would be presumptuous, because we’re talking about this movie and comparing it to Cloverfield, but I would be lying if I didn’t say there was something else that, if we’re lucky enough to do it, could be really cool that connects some stories."

“The story of this movie – and it came to us originally as a spec that was very different in a lot of ways and an unrelated thing altogether – is definitely about different kinds of monsters,” he says. “And while the Cloverfield monster isn’t in this movie, there’s a new monster and there’s something else that happens… but I don’t want to ruin the ending.”

John Goodman, eh?

The trailers look interesting, and I'm cautiously optimistic. That being said, I felt a bit let down by the story in the first film, so who knows.

it is probably just a different form of "Clover." I recall they said the monster in Cloverfield was a baby, so I bet that we'll see the adult . I agree that those lice creature are probably everywhere.

Jerm411

From the i09 story...

“This movie is very purposefully not called Cloverfield 2, because it’s not Cloverfield 2,” Abrams explained. “The association is clear and there are multiple connections—and there is a bigger idea at play for us with these movies and this connection.”

As if my interest and intrigue couldn't get any higher...

Also interesting he references a different monster or monsters...mama Clover perhaps...

I mean, he probably isn't, but he did straight up lie about Khan being in Star Trek Into Darkness, right?

And he ate shit on that, and has said he's not doing it again going forward.

There are new monsters in this film, just not Clover

It's weird that this article is being spun as a negative when he's flat out confirmed there are new monsters (plural, even) in the movie. There are going to be monsters in here of some sort, not just John Goodman being a crazy asshole - although I'm sure that's at least one of the monsters being discussed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom