• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter out October 29th on PC and PSP

OmegaDL50

Okay, going to start Trails in the Sky 1 once I'm finished with Disgaea 5.

By the time I beat Trails in the Sky 1, I can probably move on to Yakuza 5.

And after that I should be all caught up on my current games to play and then I'll pick up Trails 2 during that time.

Of course like all things "Plans never survives contact with the enemy (backlog)"

Okay, going to start Trails in the Sky 1 once I'm finished with Disgaea 5.

By the time I beat Trails in the Sky 1, I can probably move on to Yakuza 5.

And after that I should be all caught up on my current games to play and then I'll pick up Trails 2 during that time.

Of course like all things "Plans never survives contact with the enemy (backlog)"

If you can put off buying Trails SC after the ending of the first one you're a stronger prinny than I

Shizuka

this is the only right answer, but also "winter 2014 is here" is an acceptable 2nd choice

I thought of suggesting that, but people would just say that I'm an asshole if I did.

Trails in the Sky SC |OT| "Your Papa is Very Proud of You, XSEED!"

image.php

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Has the PC version of FC gotten those text changes mentioned in the last TiTS blog, such as "Hamel" becoming "Hemel"?

Wedge7

Niiiiiiice

Felt like I was always randomly checking every few months on the status of this game and hoping it would eventually be released. Fantastic to hear that its finally coming, and so soon as well. Great news.

wrowa

Pigs in the Sky is great. Really though, anything but TitS and I'm fine. The joke has been made more than enough already.

Wait what?! it was only Monday i was searching again for a release! i'd almost given up hope before Christmas! the moment it hits the EU PSN i'm buying it

Dio

Banned
And of course the website has a few spoilers. It's kind of unavoidable but it would be a little disappointing to not play FC yet and read that site in full.

I guess there's no physical for PSP is there. :( If only more pubs would follow Gaijinworks' example.

Sara already mentioned in the thread that there won't be due to economical reasons. You can't really blame them as it would add more costs.

Also, the PC version is the one to get as it has the PS3 sprites and enhancements.

And of course the website has a few spoilers. It's kind of unavoidable but it would be a little disappointing to not play FC yet and read that site in full.

Considering all of the people hyped to play this game, I'm a little worried that people new to Trails/Kiseki in general are going to wander in and get spoiled on FC. I guess it can't be helped to a certain extent, but it would be a bit of a shame for that to happen.

Still, at least most of the spoilers for crossing over into SC don't usually spoil most of FCs own internal plot, so there's enjoyment to be had.

Varion

Has the PC version of FC gotten those text changes mentioned in the last TiTS blog, such as "Hamel" becoming "Hemel"?
It's actually the other way round, PSP FC used Hemel, which was changed to Hamel for the PC version to be more accurate to the Japanese. Those text changes were all done a long time ago, though, yeah. All the changes that were made for PC FC will also be in both the PSP and PC versions of SC.

I hate to be this negative voice in what should be a great day, but I'm in this weird position where I'm happy that the game is coming, but deep inside I'm saying "it's a bit too late". I don't remember 90% of the plot in the first one, and I simply don't have it in me to play it again or go and read up on it. TiTS FC was excellent I remember that much. Yet why dont I share the same excitement as everyone else.

I hate to be this negative voice in what should be a great day, but I'm in this weird position where I'm happy that the game is coming, but deep inside I'm saying "it's a bit too late". I don't remember 90% of the plot in the first one, and I simply don't have it in me to play it again or go and read up on it. TiTS FC was excellent I remember that much. Yet why dont I share the same excitement as everyone else.
I know there's at least a good let's play on it, and maybe there'll be some people streaming FC in a bit too. I feel what you mean about it being too late considering that you probably played it on the PSP, but there's a few options that you can at least dip into and see if it triggers anything that makes you want to play again.

EDIT: I normally don't like to change my avatar because I feel like my it helps make me easier to spot, but I just have to claim this one in celebration.

cj_iwakura

I'm assuming you don't read their forums do you? Because crowdfunding is not something they want to do, nor is it something that Falcom would look at too kindly.

I don't. Eh, you'd think they'd better appreciate it given all the things it's done for indie JP developers here. Namco took notice of GW because of how well Class of Heroes 2 did. It opened doors for Vic.

It still did well enough to release it. Imagine what this would do.

Vic pretty much said, "Welp, can't do this again" after the underwhelming performance of the physical preorders. I don't think Trails in the Sky SC - a 2 UMD release, mind you, so even more expensive to produce than a usual game - would perform any better for XSEED. Be glad they're releasing a PSP version at all.

cj_iwakura

Vic pretty much said, "Welp, can't do this again" after the underwhelming performance of the physical preorders. I don't think Trails in the Sky SC - a 2 UMD release, mind you, so even more expensive to produce than a usual game - would perform any better for XSEED. Be glad they're releasing a PSP version at all.

Because Vic has yet to do a game people were really clamoring for. The fact that he almost made goals despite that speaks volumes, I think.

Because Vic has yet to do a game people were really clamoring for. The fact that he almost made goals despite that speaks volumes, I think.

People want to play SC, but I don't think many people want to crack open the UMD drive on a PSP to do it. I know I don't want to use that clunky thing again unless necessary.

Shizuka

They wouldn't exactly get a huge profit from the physical print, but they'd most likely break even and get some pocket money from it. XSEED did say that the PSP version was a goodwill gesture and they'd count on the PC version for money, there is nothing that'd get in the way from doing what Vic did, except from the additional hassle that XSEED can't really afford because they're always working on many games at a time.

Top Bottom