• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| Time's the Charm

desmax

Holy crap they fixed Sanctus Nova.

It is so good now.

Third plane spoilers:
I have no idea how I could have even begun to deal with the Silver Path boss without double popping Sanctus Nova + a Titanic Roar to take down those chariot things. Kloe be the MVP all over again. Doesn't help that I took josette down Silver and she managed to get a defense debuff on the main boss before dying like a pansy multiple times. She is just as worthless as ever. Please game don't ever make me use her again.

I had a pretty fast Joshua use a AT Delay attack on Kevin? on the first turn; after blocking his first turn he didn't try to use his S-Craft. Helped me out a lot

jman2050

I had a pretty fast Joshua use a AT Delay attack on Kevin? on the first turn; after blocking his first turn he didn't try to use his S-Craft. Helped me out a lot

Yeah I probably would have been fine if I had had Joshua in my group. Or Mueller. Or heck, even Tita probably powers me through it without too much trouble.

I just took the absolute wrong party with me for this battle. Thank goodness for Kloe.

Plane 4 spoilers

Gilbert continues to deliver :
It's even weird when you see him in kloe backstory and how he is now
I guess this proves again and again how each character changed across all those games.

This part was priceless:

sky3_13.png

desmax

Plane 4 spoilers

Gilbert continues to deliver :
It's even weird when you see him in kloe backstory and how he is now
I guess this proves again and again how each character changed across all those games.

This part was priceless:

I found it hilarious how they used Vanish as a plot point

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just got
Agate
. Have to put the game down for a bit.

I'm upset there only seem to be five moon doors in the game. I loved
Schera
and
Kloe's

I was ONE recipe away from opening the 20 recipes door... one!

Star Door 2:
I ended my last play session with this door, and I felt uneasy chills for about an hour afterwards. Reading about the Salt Pale incident was like reading details about a tornado ravaging a town.

Question. One of the long-term results of the Salt Pale incident was that members of the military formed the Northern Jaegers. Are there other Jaeger units, or is the Northern Jaegers THE Jaegers? (note that I haven't played the Cold Steel games yet)

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Star Door 2:
I ended my last play session with this door, and I felt uneasy chills for about an hour afterwards. Reading about the Salt Pale incident was like reading details about a tornado ravaging a town.

Question. One of the long-term results of the Salt Pale incident was that members of the military formed the Northern Jaegers. Are there other Jaeger units, or is the Northern Jaegers THE Jaegers? (note that I haven't played the Cold Steel games yet)

There are a lot of different Jaegers units. I think Northern Jaegers is one that has one of the better reputations but there are 2 other Jaeger groups that I think rank higher in prestige that get mentioned in the other games and even beyond that there are other smaller Jaeger groups.
In case you want to know the name of the 2 groups I'm referring to.
I think Zephyr and the Red Constellation are the two groups that at one point have been recognized as the top groups.

vkrili

Star Door 2:

In FC and SC, it is detailed that
Loewe used his "Lorence" identity to do more than fool the Intelligence Division; he had also seized control over a jaeger group called Jester.

Man, if only Zin could learn True Thunder God Kick. It's an odd shame that his doppelganger mastered it before he could.

I've put my run on hiatus because of one last school project, but man will I feel relieved to have this back on Monday.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
There is literally so much stuff that ties into Cold Steel in this game. I can't believe we almost didn't get it.

Young Magus

Ch 6
I.....I.....think I came across the best boss fight in the game. MothaFucking Papa Bright

Best S-Craft Quote:
Boom goes the dynamite

Knurek

dmkfVX2.png

Since the game doesn't seem to have any community SC configs available, I whipped up mine.
Should be up on Valve's servers in a few minutes.

Psxphile

Ah. I managed to track down the source of the problem that was causing the new updated FMVs to play like jank on my system. Turns out the culprit was an old install of Nero 8 Essentials that's been collecting virtual dust in my HDD for years. Guess it came with it's own codecs that were trying to interfere with video playback (but only with these new XviD-encoded 60fps FMVs as far as I know). It's gone now, and vids are running flawlessly from what I've tested.

PantsuJo

Ah. I managed to track down the source of the problem that was causing the new updated FMVs to play like jank on my system. Turns out the culprit was an old install of Nero 8 Essentials that's been collecting virtual dust in my HDD for years. Guess it came with it's own codecs that were trying to interfere with video playback (but only with these new XviD-encoded 60fps FMVs as far as I know). It's gone now, and vids are running flawlessly from what I've tested.
Holy shit, this happened to mee with another game, Sonic CD. The opening video was slow due to Nero Codecs!

It's the first time in years I read the same problem from another user, despite different games lol so I'm not crazy

Manatox

About Sun Door 3:
I guess the tounament enemies don't scale with your level, so is it possible to come for this door at a later time for easier wins? It was going to take forever to win at my current level, so i gave up in hope to tackle it later :(

vkrili

aaaaAAAAA this final dungeon. This is making me cry.

Way to go above and beyond, Xseed. Holy crap. This is so good.

zakujanai

Moon door 3:

Oh great, a whole door just for the character I have the least interest in, in the most boring part of Liberl.

Even that shot of
Lechter
on the roof at the start of be the scene isn't enough to get me interested in this.

Edit: Well that just goes to show that I should never open my mouth, only bloody
Anton and Ricky
turned up.

Ascheroth

Wow, Moon Door 3 was loooooong.
Where did this rumor get started that this is more of a dungeon crawler with no NPCs and lots of combat? Because the dungeon crawlers I know of don't have 1-1½ hour long 'cutscenes' with lots of talking, walking, optional talking to NPCs and no combat at all, lol.

I think I teared up when this song played.
Such an incredibly powerful song.

rickyson1

Wow, Moon Door 3 was loooooong.
Where did this rumor get started that this is more of a dungeon crawler with no NPCs and lots of combat? Because the dungeon crawlers I know of don't have 1-1½ hour long 'cutscenes' with lots of talking, walking, optional talking to NPCs and no combat at all, lol.

I think I teared up when this song played.
Such an incredibly powerful song.

I mean the main story kinda is

aren't the doors technically optional?

Tonton

Moon Door 3 help pls
So i'm supposed to find Lechter, I can see him in his usual place in the rooftop but I don't know how to get there
I tried getting near the rope on the other side but there was no prompt to get up there

Oreiller

How many chapters are there btw? I've just started chapter 6, I don't know if it will end up being my favorite of the series but it's pretty darn excellent so far.

vkrili

Moon Door 3 help pls
So i'm supposed to find Lechter, I can see him in his usual place in the rooftop but I don't know how to get there
I tried getting near the rope on the other side but there was no prompt to get up there

Check the window in the Student Council.

How many chapters are there btw? I've just started chapter 6, I don't know if it will end up being my favorite of the series but it's pretty darn excellent so far.
There are
8 chapters
. The Best Is Yet To come.

Moon Door 3 help pls

Get there through the window in the student council room.

Aeana

Moon Door 3 help pls
You can reach the roof from a window on the second floor.

Just got
Agate
. Have to put the game down for a bit.

I'm upset there only seem to be five moon doors in the game. I loved
Schera
and
Kloe's

I was ONE recipe away from opening the 20 recipes door... one!

There's a Recipes requirement door? You mean I have to make recipe for the first time in a Trails game? Argh!

You just need to learn recipes, you don't have to cook them.

Can I learn enough recipes from collecting them from chests and eating the items? I've found a few. I've just never had enough money in the other games to use on ingredients to even experiment with the system.

Oreiller

Man, fuck the
fishing
minigame. Managed to win the first two rounds on my first try but I'm totally stuck on the third round. I don't think I'll have the patience to 100% the game.

SolVanderlyn

You can't learn cookies though apparently

Top Bottom