• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| Time's the Charm

kierwynn

Welcome to the club!

Where do I pick up my membership card? lol

Did you level up beforehand? I'm think about just goin in the seventh plane and lvl up the lower characters...and get some more septh for quartz. I think my final party's gonna be Kevin, Ries, Kole and Alan

Yes, I put a podcast on and took everyone down to the 7th plane to grind. lol If you don't mind a little less septih bonus, Ries is great in the support spot when you're not leveling her since she has exp up, sepith up, and no negative attribute.

That door with olivert and muller was so gooooooooooooooood

So much bombs dropped , the entire setup for Cold steel get so much more flavor. because of this.

I was like , holy s***t during those scene.
Give it to trails to drop so much bombs in a row.
The dialogue in those scenes ... that
cassius vs osborne
exchange and the scenes afterwards.

DAMN ,

Damn, that ending to Chapter 4 is a fun surprise. I really wonder what the hell Kevin did or was subjected to, given his response to Selnate at the end of the flashback re:
Rufina's death and filling the spot of 5th Dominion because of his new Stigma
. Great to hear Ries bringing us Overdosing Heavenly Bliss, too, and the fight is one of my favorites yet. I've got yet another Moon Door to complete now (and that fishing game too).

Moon Door 2's awesome, and I'm not sure whether I prefer that one or Moon Door 3 now. Just having some combat and a near-past Grancel to absorb is great, but then you have Schera's inner monologue and the increasingly weird actions/statements
Aina
makes. There's enough to go on by the end to imply why and how
Aina
entered the Bracer Guild herself, following after her new friend. Kurt really seems in his element this time, unlike the moments in FC/SC when he got jobbed by Weissmann. And Schera's first soliloquy tore me up, mainly because of how it re-contextualizes what she told everyone about her childhood in the prequels.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This game has too many characters. I want to use more of them but I also like the ones I'm currently using.

I can't think of a game where I've been so conflicted on who to use.

Kloe is still an absolute monster, her turns still signal the end of most normal battles. At least now there aren't gender-exclusive armors, so Olivier is an equally awesome monster and not just a second-rate version. And Mueller is stupidly strong for a physical attacker.

Ascheroth

I was on normal, the story arc of the door doesn't seem like it would make sense if you won.

I know you can win (and have to in order to get a really good item) the battle in Anelace's star door which will also complete if you lose, but I don't know about the Julia and Mueller one, especially since it didn't seem like there was a lack of rewards when I lost it

It's definitely possible to win that battle on Normal without cheating.
Source: I won. It was close though. "Another turn and I'm dead"-close.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It's definitely possible to win that battle on Normal without cheating.
Source: I won. It was close though. "Another turn and I'm dead"-close.

I won both of those in the same manner, also on normal. Feels like they give you just barely enough resources to succeed.

I just did the second one. That sword though. Mueller might have some competition, at least temporarily.

"That" boss from chapter 6:

Holy shit, Cassius was hardcore. The build up, the music, the actual fight. Thank god for Grail Sphere and Richard's super speed. I feel like I want to redo it with different party setups just so that I can read all the different pre- and post-battle dialogues.

I don't think so. I barely had any arts available.
Would be kind of dumb as well, since those doors depict past events. Your loadout is fixed.

So then is it difficulty dependent? On normal my regular attacks did about 300 damage and I had no way to buff myself and neither of Julia's crafts is amazing outside of the rare time you predict an scraft or get a second turn after using the guard one.

Thoraxes

I've been screencapping all the headpats in this one because it nearly gives the Cold Steel games a run for their money.

Also completed all the doors (S14 is wild), almost done with the ending, need to sleep to wrap it all up, but hell yeah this is an amazing game. Not sure where i'd rank it, because arbitrarily ranking a series I love this much just seems stupid, but let's say I like it as much as all the others, which is to say it's the best thing ever (I will always love all Trails games forever). I like just how dense and focused this one is. And the doors showing all facets of everything is great. Music is phenomenal as to be expected, but I think it's even better than I anticipated.

This one is definitely a different flavor than the rest (which is good), and it's really reaaaaallly good.

I was most surprised by all the talk in S8 mostly because of the ending, and what it could spell for Sen 3.

If anything, my thirst for the Crossbell games is even bigger now.

zakujanai

In moon door 2 did everyone else keep going back into the Edel store when you were trying to get away? Those bits with Nial and Dorothy were adorable. There was one before that too where you saw her take the camera from him.

Ascheroth

So then is it difficulty dependent? On normal my regular attacks did about 300 damage and I had no way to buff myself and neither of Julia's crafts is amazing outside of the rare time you predict an scraft or get a second turn after using the guard one.
I know that I only used arts to heal and probably her Craft-buff for buffing. I never used her protection-Craft and ate 1 S-Craft right at the beginning, maybe a second one later on.
I'm not too sure about the details anymore, but it was cloooooose. On normal.
Honestly have no idea how you would win this on hard or above.
I wish the game let you know which doors you have seen and which doors you haven't.
It does? Open your Gralsritter notebook!

Thoraxes

I wish the game let you know which doors you have seen and which doors you haven't.

If you click the cube it shows you on the actual Moon/Star/Sun which ones have names/have been seen and which don't.

Your Journal lists them as you see them too, along with the riddle and your state of completion.

MKIL65

Star Door 2 and 7 seems to be the most important doors that I've encountered.

Glad I didn't miss out on those. I want to check Star Door 6 too, but I need to collect 20 recipes gah...

vkrili

Star Door 2 and 7 seems to be the most important doors that I've encountered.

Glad I didn't miss out on those. I want to check Star Door 6 too, but I need to collect 20 recipes gah...

You should have enough food in your inventory to just gorge yourself on those to get enough recipes.

MKIL65

You should have enough food in your inventory to just gorge yourself on those to get enough recipes.

You're right. It's not like I'm gonna use any of that regular food for the more difficult bosses in the game.

The attack food is all I need.

I know that I only used arts to heal and probably her Craft-buff for buffing. I never used her protection-Craft and ate 1 S-Craft right at the beginning, maybe a second one later on.
I'm not too sure about the details anymore, but it was cloooooose. On normal.
Honestly have no idea how you would win this on hard or above.

It does? Open your Gralsritter notebook!

The only crafts she had for me was the one that can impede and the guard one :|

If you click the cube it shows you on the actual Moon/Star/Sun which ones have names/have been seen and which don't.

Your Journal lists them as you see them too, along with the riddle and your state of completion.

I know it shows which you've seen, I didn't realize the journal told you which you'd seen that makes sense. I wish they just had like a check or something on the map screen.

Ascheroth

The only crafts she had for me was the one that can impede and the guard one :|

I know it shows which you've seen, I didn't realize the journal told you which you'd seen that makes sense. I wish they just had like a check or something on the map screen.
I honestly don't even know what crafts she had exactly, I've done like 10 doors in the meantime, lol.
I could check once I'm at home, but I'm fairly sure the set-up for those door fights is fixed regardless of equipment/orbment-setup/etc.

rickyson1

getting near the end now(just finished chapter 7)

didn't end up liking this quite as much as SC all in all but it was still pretty close

zakujanai

No, the age gap does not make it cuter. I'm not sure what "juvenile scent" is meant to be either. Why do they always have to spoil things with this paedo crap.

Aeana

Yeah, up until they started going all-in with the squickiness in other areas (see Ys 8's towel scene), the Agate/Tita thing was the only objectionable thing I'd ever seen Falcom do with their characters. Really dumb.

Arthea

Yeah, up until they started going all-in with the squickiness in other areas (see Ys 8's towel scene), the Agate/Tita thing was the only objectionable thing I'd ever seen Falcom do with their characters. Really dumb.

how is that questionable? I thought their relation was purely innocent

please no 3rd spoilers, if it's in there

Aeana

how is that questionable? I thought their relation was purely innocent

please no 3rd spoilers, if it's in there

In FC/SC I think it's possible to explain it all away as innocent. And frankly, Agate and Tita themselves may also be completely innocent. There's just an off-hand conversation in 3rd that drives home that the rest of the group thinks of them as an actual couple.

I don't think that's a spoiler, it's not a significant plot point or conversation in the game at all.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Chapter 4 boss is making me rip my hair out.

In FC/SC I think it's possible to explain it all away as innocent. And frankly, Agate and Tita themselves may also be completely innocent. There's just an off-hand conversation in 3rd that drives home that the rest of the group thinks of them as an actual couple.

I don't think that's a spoiler, it's not a significant plot point or conversation in the game at all.

Yeah, that's basically how I read it (just went through that scene last night). Agate clearly just views Tita like a surrogate little sister, but for some reason all of the other characters seem intent on creating something more there, and the way they go about is really weird. Some of that dialogue is just...oh boy.

Arthea

they could be joking, then again I'm not that far into 3rd to know

Loz246789

At the risk of being optimistic about Japanese media, I think the idea of Tita and Agate being innocent is at least somewhat supported by the text. The premise of sun door 1
is a big misunderstanding of what Tita's parents think of Agate. Tita thinks that they think he's a bad person, but instead they think that there's romance going on. Comedically, it makes more sense if the misunderstanding goes full circle, and Tita's parents are also misunderstanding Tita and Agate's relationship... which is possible, since they never actually confront them about it. This leads me to believe if Tita and Agate were directly confronted, the illusion would be broken.

That being said, as for everyone else shipping it, I've got nothing. At best, they want them to pair up... in the distant future when Tita is older. If they're joking, they're not very funny.

(Note: have not finished the game, maybe they ruin everything and make out at the end. Hopefully not though)

Even after Tita has grown up, her and Agate pairing up is an icky proposition to me. I hope either of them would have an actual love interest by the time of Cold Steel III to put my mind to rest. But then that'd make Tita potentially Rean-eligible and ew.

Thud

Even after Tita has grown up, her and Agate pairing up is an icky proposition to me. I hope either of them would have an actual love interest by the time of Cold Steel III to put my mind to rest. But then that'd make Tita potentially Rean-eligible and ew.

We can't downgrade the hugs to headpats.

zakujanai

There were always joke mentions of Tita having a crush on Agate in FC/SC but I always understood it to be more a case of her wanting someone to care for get since her parents were away so much and Albert was usually messing about with some invention. For Agate it seemed to be that he wanted to protect her the way he couldn't protect Mischa.

That scene in chapter 4 though just made it clear that my interpretation of their relationship isn't correct and it made me a little uncomfortable. It's a shame because chapter 4 has been excellent so far with some very interesting side stories.

I would try to just ignore the Tita and Agate thing but that could be tricky given recent CS3 teases.

That scene in chapter 4 though just made it clear that my interpretation of their relationship isn't correct and it made me a little uncomfortable. It's a shame because chapter 4 has been excellent so far with some very interesting side stories.
It's an oddly written introduction for Agate in 3rd because some of the characters see their relationship as brother-and-sister, and then Josette defends the age gap on romantic grounds for some reason. And this doesn't fit the Moon Door well either, so who knows.

Ascheroth

It's an oddly written introduction for Agate in 3rd because some of the characters see their relationship as brother-and-sister, and then Josette defends the age gap on romantic grounds for some reason. And this doesn't fit the Moon Door well either, so who knows.
I saw that scene as them mostly just teasing Agate and Tita.
Josette's interjection is kind of off, but I choose to interpret it as her defending every unlikely romance so as to convince herself she still has a chance with Joshua, lol.

Young Magus

50 hours
38 minutes
16 seconds

Thats my play time.

I love this game. I really do, from the start to the end was a blast. The end game had me feelin the feels
once again this included the chest quotes. Shouts Out to whoever wrote those
The ending was fuckin beautiful.

aqDwC.png
to XSEED from bringin all three Sky games over. Y'all the real MVPs

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I've been told I'm being too optimistic, most of the lines felt like jokes to me, but I've been told I'm being too optimistic. And yeah a big thing of those doors is the 'misunderstanding' angle.

I'm still terrified of what they do in the future, though.

Except Josette's, but Josette is a terrible person and has no redeeming value other than sepith bonuses so!

Question about the Nightmare Arena and C7 in general:
that's the one for anelace's sword upgrade, right? So I need to level up both her and Zin in the abyss when I get back most likely?

Top Bottom