• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| Time's the Charm

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
NG+ spoilers:
the quartz still break, no trying to break Nightmare Cassius with the physical repel quartz. Which I didn't get anyway but Cloak would've saved an awful lot of time.
If that isn't a glitch, then I'm disappointed. Was hoping to carry some one time goodies like Cast 3 over.

okay how the fuck do i win the last round of the fishing mini-game?

i never had an opportunity to use the rod for the big fishes!

all i get are the kasago that i use to fish the claudine one

all the other fish i catch, i can't use them as bait

the other guy catches fish at 300-400 points....

any tips? Thanks

Jolkien

What's the physical repel quartz ? I wiped twice on the last nightmare arena fight, could use that if I can get it. And there's a cast 3 quartz as well ?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
If that isn't a glitch, then I'm disappointed. Was hoping to carry some one time goodies like Cast 3 over.

Yeah it's kind of funny but
I'm not sure I can be bothered to do all the minigame doors again for the special goodies. I'm glad the run counter is cleared at least.

What's the physical repel quartz ? I wiped twice on the last nightmare arena fight, could use that if I can get it. And there's a cast 3 quartz as well ?

Cast 3:
Time Gem. Maniac difficulty on the quiz show minigame.
Physical Repel:
Don't run from a fight in the entire game and fight 300 battles and you'll get it in chapter 8, at the fountain. It's a 50% chance for it to happen, with -30% Max EP as a fairly minor considering penalty.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member

any tips? Thanks
Use the kasago to catch sea bass, which you also occasionally get with the second rod + shrimp bait. The sea bass can then be used to catch the fish that bring in the big points.

Cast 3 is from beating the quiz mini game on maniac difficulty.

Taruranto

(Beginning spoilers)
w99aYDD.jpg

You know these scenes make me realize we know jack shiet about Adios' gospel or whatever she preaches. Even taking CS in consideration, the series is really stingy when it comes to these stuff.

Thud

Still can't beat the baron.

He missed a few anglers and whoops up big ones one after another. I think this the third time he pulls one out of his arse on the final round.

Salt.

Use the kasago to catch sea bass, which you also occasionally get with the second rod + shrimp bait. The sea bass can then be used to catch the fish that bring in the big points.

Cast 3 is from beating the quiz mini game on maniac difficulty.

yeah thanks, it was just dumb luck... the first two time, i never got sea bass with the kasago, and the third time, i always got that

In the final chapter, up past the point pf no return. Did all the doors.

Star Door 15:
Goddamn, it's a wonder Renne is as sane as she is. I heard this section got censored in the PSP version, and I see why. Holy shit that is dark.

Edit: And she was 5??? Jesus Falcom, that is almost too dark.

Jolkien

I'm getting tired of looking for the Sun Door 5 on the Black Ark... wished the game would be more popular so I could just look up a video of where the thing is.
Edit: Complaining always works. Just found it

Ascheroth

any tips? Thanks
I never got anything with the Kasago.
Eventually just used the middle rod and Shrimplets to catch Sea Basses with which I caught the big ones.

Thud

I never got anything with the Kasago.
Eventually just used the middle rod and Shrimplets to catch Sea Basses with which I caught the big ones.

I feel like it's pretty random wether you use the progress rod or the marine rod. The bait doesn't guarantee a sea bass.

The worst part is having to wait till that guy actually finishes. Meanwhile I did sun door 3 and 4 in one go.

I have more luck in gambling than fishing.

Jolkien

Star Door 14
It was so cool to witness a meeting with all the Anguis and to finally know what happened to the Aureole (I forgot if we saw Campanella take it in SC or not, If so I had forgotten). And now that they start the Phantasmal Blaze plan, which if memory serves is the plan enacted with Vita Clotilde in Cold Steel.

So at the end Campanella seems to talk to us, did the writers just broke the fourth wall ?

Tonton

What's the deal with Star Door 10?
It doesn't seem to register as complete once i finished it and mentions a first time
Tried going again but nothing changed

Oreiller

Wow, just beat [Chapter 6 spoiler]
Cassius
. I can't even imagine how hard he must be on nightmare, he hits like a truck. What a fun boss.

holysan

Wow. Star Door 8 is amazing. Easily the best thing that happened in 3rd until now. Such a great tie to Cold Steel too. I wonder if I would've liked it as much if I didn't know CS I & II.

Just finished Chapter 6 and I have to say that, after going through the Cold Steel games, it is absolutely refreshing to have fights that are prefaced with characters proclaiming that they are literally unable to hold back.

Moon Door 4

Oh. My. God.
Kid Estelle is soooo adorable. And babysitter Joshua, haha.
I think it's a weaker Moon Door than the others (just not much to develop that we don't already know), but it's adorable to see the initial relationship between them and how
Joshua
tricked himself into staying with
Estelle
and
Cassius
in an utterly sincere way.
The flashback jump right as Joshua's finishing Hoshi no Arika at Perzel Farm chilled me to the bone

Ascheroth

I think it's a weaker Moon Door than the others (just not much to develop that we don't already know), but it's adorable to see the initial relationship between them and how
Joshua
Estelle
and
Cassius
The flashback jump right as Joshua's finishing Hoshi no Arika at Perzel Farm chilled me to the bone
I think it was the shortest and definitely least surprising. But I had the biggest grin on my face the entire time.
But yes,
that abrupt flashback jump was chilling.

vkrili

Joshua
Estelle
and
Cassius

tumblr_omy3v7JrBc1sdiiboo2_1280.png

tumblr_omy3v7JrBc1sdiiboo1_1280.png

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Joshua
Estelle
and
Cassius

Rear. Hillbilly. Process.

Thoraxes

For sure, but the target didn't exactly seem particularly intimidated; it was just a very fancy declaration of war in the end.

That's kind of the point when it comes to
Osborne's
character. They showed that this person is absolutely fearless, something that's much further explained in the Cold Steel series.
Sun Door 4 is awesome yo
These characters look a lot different than I imagined tho

Too bad i don't know how to poker

My mental image of Jack was always close to Seth Bullock from Deadwood, lol

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
That's kind of the point when it comes to
Osborne's
character. They showed that this person is absolutely fearless, something that's much further explained in the Cold Steel series.

My mental image of Jack was always close to Seth Bullock from Deadwood, lol

Oh yeah no I agree from what I've played of that series. And Seth Bullock's pretty close but I imagined more scraggly facial hair. Definitely a hat.

Jolkien

I just finished after 59h37m. Amazing ride, probably my favorite game in the series (might end up second only to SC after it finish sinking in). Falcom chose a good ending music as usual, I must admit I shed a few tears at the end.

Not a big fan of how the doors seem to exist in a vacuum and the characters don't talk about the events they see behind them. Especially true of Star Door 2
yes none of the party saw Kevin use the Salt Pale arrow, but his name is still on the report in the memory. You'd think they'd ask more, or perhaps Joshua would have some realization moments... but no

Not a big fan of how the doors seem to exist in a vacuum and the characters don't talk about the events they see behind them. Especially true of Star Door 2
yes none of the party saw Kevin use the Salt Pale arrow, but his name is still on the report in the memory. You'd think they'd ask more, or perhaps Joshua would have some realization moments... but no

At this point I just view them as lore rewards for the players instead of things the characters actually see. There are some things in later doors that really have no business being shown to the characters.

jman2050

Star Door 8

Man part of me is sad we got Cold Steel before this game. This door really adds a lot of context to what happens in those games. It's amazing how far in advance Falcom has been setting up their future games. Makes me wonder how much foreshadowing and setup from the CS games will have yet to payoff even after CS3.

My understanding is that Lechter plays a much bigger role in the Crossbell games, is this right?

I'm near the end of Chapter 5 and I finally have everyone. This game is awesome.

And man, the soundtrack is incredible. I mean, all of the games in this series have amazing soundtracks, but this one just has so many great pieces.

This looks like it could really surpass Cold Steel II and become my favorite game of the series.

Aeana

Finished. I still love it just as much as I always have. I'm just so happy that finally I can share it with my English speaking friends.

Translation was pretty good. I have a handful of gripes, but nothing major. I did run into a few editing errors but considering how much text the game has, it was surprisingly few. I'm looking forward to playing the English versions of Cold Steel 1 and 2 once they're out on PC. I never did get around to them on PS3 since I wasn't quite ready to replay them when they released.

Star Door 8 was fantastic, even already knowing about some of this stuff from it being mentioned in Cold Steel.
That scene at the end was especially wonderful. That's a hell of an entrance for Osborne. Olivert's planning was really great throughout the whole thing, and that extended scene with him and Osborne talking was really awesome. I also really enjoyed the Klaudia/Lechter bits. I really can't wait to see if Cold Steel III follows up on some of this stuff even more.

It actually made me physically sick reading it. Was pretty disgusting. The way it's written... hard to shake the picture it left.

I mean, in a way I feel like that was kind of the point. I can definitely see why this was left out of the psp version though

Also Star Door 14 and that sweet, sweet hint of things to come lol

Thud

Chapter 6 third guardian

Damn dem feels. I had three different party set ups before finally beating Cassius. From start to end he stays ridiculously overpowered. It's one middle aged man with a very large stick (phrasing), I love it.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, in a way I feel like that was kind of the point. I can definitely see why this was left out of the psp version though

Also Star Door 14 and that sweet, sweet hint of things to come lol

Oh definitely. Wasn't criticizing more like "praising"(feels weird to use this word in this context) given how affected I was by the scene. Stuff rarely gets to me on that level but the way it was written and the things the scene evoked in your imagination + the 4 friends essentially being split personalities to deal with different kinds of abuse/fetish to specific guests really shook me.

Top Bottom