• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon |OT| - Bigger, Badder, Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayejin

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Three-Disc-Combo-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B006JSXYPA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&tag=blurayforum00-20&qid=1326418764&sr=8-2

$37.99 @amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Limited-Collectors-Trilogy-Seven-Disc/dp/B006OT03BM/ref=sr_1_6?s=movies-tv&tag=blurayforum00-20&ie=UTF8&qid=1326419031&sr=1-6

Limited Collector's Edition at whopping $111.99

41DqxzXN8-L._AA300_.jpg
31fkmpipRoL._AA300_.jpg

So...sorry to quote my own post but how limited is the Collector's Edition?
I bought the Looney Tunes Bluray thinking it was limited and it's still on sale(lower price) and don't want to make the same mistake.
Thanks

hayejin

Takao

Banned
So...sorry to quote my own post but how limited is the Collector's Edition?
I bought the Looney Tunes Bluray thinking it was limited and it's still on sale(lower price) and don't want to make the same mistake.
Thanks

I believe the number was like 5000 units.

There has to be somewhere to get that Blu Ray for cheaper than almost 40 bucks right?....right?

; ;

I realize this post is over a week old, but for those unaware, Amazon has dropped the 3D Blu-Ray price to $29.99.

I tried looking for a promo code that might stack with that, but I'm not seeing anything.

Takao

Banned
The film was nominated for 3 Academy Awards!

Sound editing, sound mixing, and visual effects.
It deserves to win at least one of those awards, but probably won't win any, like the previous 2 films.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

It deserves to win at least one of those awards, but probably won't win any, like the previous 2 films.
Transformers 1 was robbed damnit.

Nizz

Really hope it wins for effects at least. Impressive stuff in this movie.

DarkWish

The 3D version is out now, with special features. I got it today... don't have a 3DTV, but I love special features. Watched the documentary that's like almost 2 hours long and it was pretty cool. Pretty in-depth on some of the major sequences and went through the whole filming process.

Anyone else pick this up?

Picked this up on Blu Ray because I was super board yesterday, and all I have to say is...best Transformers movie ever.In fact its the best alien invasion movie I have ever seen, it started off a bit slow, but towards the end it kicks in to insane mode.Such a good film, highly recommend it as a Blu ray pick up for the insane visuals.

The only bad thing in this movie was of course Shia LaBeouf, but even his crappy acting didn't ruin it.Seriously, in fact I enjoyed it so much I thought he was half decent.The hot blond chicky was great eye candy, and the squirrel suit scenes were especially impressive.

Hero

The 3D version is out now, with special features. I got it today... don't have a 3DTV, but I love special features. Watched the documentary that's like almost 2 hours long and it was pretty cool. Pretty in-depth on some of the major sequences and went through the whole filming process.

Anyone else pick this up?

I did. Held out from the barebones release for this one. For a day or two they had a Facebook page deal where you could get the 3D Special Edition Bluray combo pack for 20 bucks, couldn't pass that up.

People can say what they want about the stories for the Transformers movies but from a technical standpoint they are on top of the industry. Watching all the work that goes into these movies makes me think how unappreciated the digital artists are. Like people want to rag on how bad the romance between Shia and some previously known model is but they have nothing to say about the fact that there are these gigantic robots that look, sound and interact with the environment in such realistic ways. It's mind-boggling and it puts most other CG work to shame.

Tr4nce

I'm sorry if I missed this, but it seems that despite the fact that Hasbro and Paramount made a deal with Bay to make a trilogy, Transformers 4 has been confirmed.

I'm a huge fan of the movies, but I think after three parts they need to assign another director. Someone who can make it truly dark, like the new Batman movies.

just wanted to post and say: rewatched this in 3D and I never noticed that the decepticons actually killed people but there they were zapping people into oblivion.

T3>T1>>>>>>T2.

* the vfx was dropdead amazing. going to watch that youtube vid now xianaphryz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom