• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers |OT| Transform and roll out...

Chuckie

There is a huge selection of one-step Transformers out there. Case in point:
https://youtu.be/5F-yilkWmeA?t=198

This reminds me of Runabout, a Transformer I had as a little kid

runabout-closeup-copy.jpg

Which was almost a 'zero-step' Transformer.

Firemind

I wonder if I can get away with the Nebulons. I don't want to sound like a huge nerd, but they're not technically Transformers, right?

Holy cow that's so cool.

If G1 stuff was still out the most easy to transform TFs would have been these two:

You fold their legs over their bodies and that's virtually it. I had the guy on the right, Pretty sure their gimmick was they moved and flipped up into robot form.

That was indeed the gimmick as I also had the one on the right, Twin Twist I think, too. Fold them over, pull them back and let them go.

I remember being really jazzed about it since it had been one of the few times when my parents went to Toys R Us with me in tow as a child and I actually managed to walk away with something.

Tizoc

^Yooooooooooooo where can I buy that?

So Lost Light #9 and 10 both release in September. Why was #9 delayed so long? Was the artist doing both issues back to back?

mrkgoo

AS a fan of the Titans Return deluxe toys, I just picked up WindBlade from that wave (not sure what we're up to now, but just saw them at the store).

Man, that is one laaaaazy transformation. Looks cool, but not very fun to play with.

Drayco21

Maaaaaaaaan Voyager TLK Megatron is so good.

I can't stop picking him up and fiddling with him. Fantastic articulation, really fun transformation- looks great in both modes. Between him and Hound, I'm really hoping I actually find Scorn and Nitro before stores just stop carrying the line altogether.

Chuckie

I saw on a TF forum that the Perfect Fusion Cesium was being shipped.

Can't wait for the reviews. I need that MoFo

Man, the Power of the Primes Dinobots look amazingly G1... and they do indeed combine. I need them in my veins, especially considering I don't own a single one of the actual G1 Dinobots. Warning: wall of pics incoming:

001-Transformers-Generations-Power-Of-The-Primes-Dinobot-Grimlock.jpg

004-Transformers-Generations-Power-Of-The-Primes-Dinobot-Slug.jpg

002-Transformers-Generations-Power-Of-The-Primes-Dinobot-Swoop.jpg

003-Transformers-Generations-Power-Of-The-Primes-Dinobot-Snarl.jpg

005-Transformers-Generations-Power-Of-The-Primes-Dinobot-Sludge.jpg

006-Transformers-Generations-Power-Of-The-Primes-Dinobot-Slash.jpg

Combined form (not great pics, but eh):
1504890333-dinobot-volcanicus-2.jpg

1504888887-vol1.jpeg

Also if I understand correctly, the Optimus Prime is a cab / Orion Pax that combines with the trailer to form Optimus Prime? An interesting spin on an admittedly slightly overdone concept, but I have to admit the combined form is downright impressive:

1504894181-of2.jpg

1504888886-op2.jpeg

1504892224-dino5.jpg

Edit: I wonder if the new Legends sized Dinobot Slash is needed for the combiner. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a gun for it, which would be cool, especially as most "sixth wheel" Legends-sized transformers are rarely as well team-matched as him (like shoehorning Shockwave as Menasor's gun. :D).
Edit 2: Optimus' white / gray fists are super distracting. If I get him there's no way I'm not painting them blue, even in the (unlikely) case it ruins the truck mode.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Volcanicus has some Predaking-ass hands. Slash looks like she will be a cool addition to the Dinobots. I guess IDW Strafe was too out there lol.

And holy cow I can't believe they are making cartoon Orion Pax.

To me the fact that they combine at all is pretty amazing considering how good they already look in both modes. The combined form looks pretty good to me, although it's hard to see from those pics. Having a t-rex head on your chest will never not be badass, though.

One thing I noticed is that it seems to be a standard Combiner Wars combiner: particularly, the two pics have different components as arms and legs (particularly noticeable by locating Swoop and Snarl), and the components seem to have standard Combiner Wars connectors. This should make for some pretty fun and out there combinations for those inclined. :D

ramparter

Banned
Wow I didnt even realize they combine!! I wabt all of them, always wanted the full set of Dinobots, will probably have them in Dino form most of the time.

Firemind

Not a fan of the samurai style head and those little Grimlock arms sticking out of his shoulders.

Also, Grimlock's head as a torso looks like his life was sucked right out of him lol. "I've made a huge mistake."

Not a fan of the samurai style head and those little Grimlock arms sticking out of his shoulders.

Also, Grimlock's head as a torso looks like his life was sucked right out of him lol. "I've made a huge mistake."

How dare you! I'll have you know that having little t-rex arms sticking out ot one's back has been a proud tradition of the noble house of Grimlock for decades! :D

NEO0MJ

It's like he's always ready to gather energy for a spirit bomb, lol.

Also, it like one could have the head facing forward instead of down, depending on how much articulation the dino head has. Hope it wasn't filling an empty hole.

Cheerilee

Today I learned that Hasbro changed Slag's name to Slug because Slag is a derogatory term for women in the UK.

I would think that something like Slog (really hard work) would be a better substitute name than Slug (slimy creature), but for all I know, Slog also has unfortunate implications that I'm not aware of.

Today I learned that Hasbro changed Slag's name to Slug because Slag is a derogatory term for women in the UK.

I would think that something like Slog (really hard work) would be a better substitute name than Slug (slimy creature), but for all I know, Slog also has unfortunate implications that I'm not aware of.
Slug is also another term for a bullet, or to strike someone really hard.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
The Dinobots all look great but they should be Voyagers. The team is going to look ridiculous with Grimlock towering over the others, especially Sludge. I'll still buy 'em though, since I'm a Dinobot mark.

Firemind

THIS is something that will not stand. Slag will always be cesium salami to me.

Faiz

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed with the Dinobots. I'd have preferred there was no combiner and more effort went in to the individual modes.

Of course I'm still BUYING them, because they do look good, just have to wonder how much better they would be of an (imo) lame combiner wasn't a priority.

muteki

Combined Dinobot looks pretty horrible but also maybe easy to fix with some more thoughtful posing. At least the combiners have ankle tilts by default this time around.

Individually they look fine except for Grimlocks hips and Sludges head.

Hnnnnnnnng! I'm basically committed to only upgrade and replace existing figures in my collection, unless some really cool IDW figure turns up that I didn't like before. Dinobots are one such group (and I never had Swoop or Sludge), Terrorcons another (there's no way they're just doing Rippersnapper and Hun-Grrr) and then we already had confirmation of Darkwing and Dreadwind. And if they do add a Predaking, I'm pretty much done at that point. Although it won't be cheap.

Then give me Masterpiece Hoist and Skids and I'm happy there too.

Hnnnnnnnng! I'm basically committed to only upgrade and replace existing figures in my collection, unless some really cool IDW figure turns up that I didn't like before. Dinobots are one such group (and I never had Swoop or Sludge), Terrorcons another (there's no way they're just doing Rippersnapper and Hun-Grrr) and then we already had confirmation of Darkwing and Dreadwind. And if they do add a Predaking, I'm pretty much done at that point. Although it won't be cheap.

Then give me Masterpiece Hoist and Skids and I'm happy there too.

We've known about Predaking (it's a Titan, like Devastator) and all five Terrorcons since July, man. Prepare your wallet. :D

Olengie

Would buy that Predaking. Already have the Platinum Edition, but Predaking is one of my favorite designs and I can't help myself

NEO0MJ

But Titan Devastator sucks. MP Devastator when?

If you don't like Hasbro's offering there's Maketoy's Green Giant. Looks really nice IMO and I was close to buying it once.

Still, I feel the Titan version looks good enough, or at least the Takara edition.

Would buy that Predaking. Already have the Platinum Edition, but Predaking is one of my favorite designs and I can't help myself

I love Predaking's design as well but ended up going with MMC's Nero Rex. Expensive but I really wanted a high quality Predaking at the time. Wonder how the official Hasbro version will compare.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
But Titan Devastator sucks. MP Devastator when?

From Hasbro/Takara? Probably never. From FansToys? Sometime next year, most likely.

If HasTak ever does an MP combiner it will almost certainly be Bruticus.

And really the Takara version of CW Devastator with Perfect Effect add-ons is pretty darn close aside from Long Haul's robot mode.

Agreed, I have the Takara Devastator and it's amazing. I set it on the shelf a few days ago and it's kind of hilarious how it dwarfs every other CW Combiner even though it barely costs twice as much.

Top Bottom