• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transistor Review Thread

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gamespot - 8

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/transistor-review/1900-6415763/

No bad yet it get's an 8? Carolyn pls.

2014-05-2018_21_06-trfwk90.png

Our reviewer adored it:

Transistor is an absolute triumph: a stunning sensory experience that buoys its lofty ambitions on a rock solid strategic core. It spins a tale of love, technology, and political and social unrest that speeds confidently towards a magnificent crescendo. What’s more, the razor sharp combat remains thrilling throughout, and the visuals and music display an almost superhuman level of polish. While niggling complaints can certainly be levelled at the gorgeous indie, a trip to Cloudbank comes highly recommended.
http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/transistor - 9/10

/Shameless self promotion.

Paskil

Super hyped for this. I still have Child of Light in my backlog
and I still need to finish Bravely Default
. I have a lot of RPG goodness coming my way.

Glad to see this doing well. Bastion was a great game.

Lol, of course Tom Chick is the outlier. Not surprised.

He loved GTA V when everyone thought he was gonna trash it, people should read his reviews with an open mind, of course you don´t have to agree with him but is always interesting to hear or read his opinions, and he is totally right when he says that game criticism is not going to be mature till the transformers (i´m referring to the movies) type of games (meaning bid budget AAA games) can be given low scores without making a fuss.

Symbiotx

lol, and people were posting that they thought it was just going to be pretty but shallow, talking about the basic looking combat and lack of pre-release exposure.

I knew this one was going to be awesome, can't wait to play it.

Arthos

I got Child of Light last week and have yet to play it. With Watch_Dogs coming out next week I know I shouldn't be getting this. But man, those reviews are going to make it difficult for me to resist buying it.

QaaQer

He goes out of his way to give everything that is popular/well reviewed a low score, so I would not put much weight in his verdict.
edit: For those wondering, look at the big games on Metacritic, he nearly always gives a 2/3.

not true at all. He doesn't give 2 fucks about general consensus, however. And the review scale criteria is simply 1* I had no fun<---->5* I had a lot of fun. Pretty hard to argue about how much fun he had.

lantus

He loved GTA V when everyone thought he was gonna trash it, people should read his reviews with an open mind, of course you don´t have to agree with him but is always interesting to hear or read his opinions, and he is totally right when he says that game criticism is not going to be mature till the transformers (i´m referring to the movies) type of games (meaning bid budget AAA games) can be given low scores without making a fuss.
That's fine and all, but this game is pretty much the complete antithesis of those types of games.

Damn, that's a wholly positive response. Will probably end up being the highest rated PS4 game yet over at Metacritic.

Think I'd better pay a visit to PSN.

Was worried people would be all pissed at me for "lowballing" the game or something.

But Tom Chick is the reviewers' ultimate blast shield. :)

Holy shit, this is getting amazing scores.

9/10 from TheSixthAxis

"Following on from Bastion, I doubt many would have begrudged Supergiant from heading down the same path again. While Transistor does hold certain similarities, such as having the constant presence of a voice and the general underpinnings of the action RPG gameplay, the Turn() planning phase completely transforms the manner in which you will tackle a fight, making it a far more considered and tactical experience.

Add to this the strengths of the world that has been created, Darren Korb’s soundtrack, the charm of Ashley Barrett’s voice, and the clever story that unfolds, and Transistor is a near essential game to own on PS4."

kurahador

Dang...IGN said ps4 version has a feature where the sword voice coming out of DS4 speaker.
Sounds like ps4 is the version to get.

I'm glad to see Transistor getting good reviews... pre-order vindicated.

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask (just ignore me if this is the case), but what makes some sites banned? Is it just poor reviews or bias, or is there something more in play?
Anyone answer this? I'm curious too

Top Bottom