• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transistor tops 1 million copies sold

Great Sountrack and art but I did not like the game at all.

And having the Bastion VO guy narrating stuff again just felt lazy.

It was a swing and a miss for me. I hope their next game returns to more action-y combat. Or at least go all the way with the turn based stuff. Transistor combat was a awkward in between that didnt gel.

The game was quite good, but between it and Bastion, I preferred the latter (and I played them in that order, too). Transistor was a set of good ideas that didn't fully come together in as engrossing an adventure as I had hoped - the end product felt condensed and I feel as though there was enough in the universe to warrant giving it another 2-3 hours of gameplay. But damn is it stylish with killer visuals and an excellent OST. Certainly worth picking up on a sale.

sector4

Incredibly well deserved! Transistor was my runner up GOTY last year.

It put Supergiant on the map for me (I hadn't played Bastion before) and when Bastion was re released, I picked that up and loved it as well.

I'm glad that this means they can keep doing what they're doing, because I love it, and I'll be eagerly awaiting their next game :D

Parsnip

That's cool, looking forward to what they cook up next.
I'm one of the million, even though I ended up disliking the game and still haven't finished it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
For you? No. I found the story to be surprisingly weak personally.

The story overall is kinda a mixed bag but I really enjoyed the ending and it's a relatively short game. Additionally the combat opens up a lot more the longer you progress. Overall if you're actively not enjoying playing it I wouldn't but yeah

bummer. bought it at launch at full price...that's probably why i keep trying to force myself to get into it

Well deserved! I liked Bastion, but I loved Transistor. Supergiant is a great dev.

577VbjM.gif

Yep Transistor was my co-GOTY along with Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Top Bottom