• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treyarch pull Nuketown 2025 pre-order bonus map in Black Ops 2(Up: Back, in playlist)

FStop7

Banned
I don't understand why they can't just put things back the way they were. What's wrong with that? Why drag it out?

Anyway, I played some Chaos Moshpit and it was pretty fun. Nuketown came up nearly every time. We had a couple of really intense matches of Demolition on there.

MattDoza

I'm guessing its not going to appear in a lobby with players who don't have the map? Could that be why its rarely seen?

Fantasmo

I'm guessing its not going to appear in a lobby with players who don't have the map? Could that be why its rarely seen?
That's not how it works for DLC. Regardless, they removed it yesterday and put it in a bonus small map rotation last night because of all the flak they're getting. Lots of people hate the BO2 maps. They still forced a shitty rotation on us but its back.

They have a couple weeks before I round up a lot of people and start hammering them for lag compensation though

watching Twitter and Facebook, it doesn't seem like the outrage has subsided much at all.

What a silly decision this was. Whoever did it probably costed thousands of future map pack sales and almost certainly future pre-orders. I hope their happy, if they're still employed.

watching Twitter and Facebook, it doesn't seem like the outrage has subsided much at all.

What a silly decision this was. Whoever did it probably costed thousands of future map pack sales and almost certainly future pre-orders. I hope their happy, if they're still employed.

Selling a million less of the best selling game of all time wouldn't bother Activision.

Every year people say they are done with this series then the next year rolls around and sales records are set.

Selling a million less of the best selling game of all time wouldn't bother Activision.

Every year people say they are done with this series then the next year rolls around and sales records are set.

I think it has been selling less with each game. PR just keeps finding different metrics to call it best selling ever. It still sells a lot, just less overall as each game comes out.

Tarps

Hey we can still play Nuketown, we just have to wait for Treyarch to say we can. That way it's more 'special'.

I think it has been selling less with each game. PR just keeps finding different metrics to call it best selling ever. It still sells a lot, just less overall as each game comes out.

Actually no. Pretty sure Black Ops outsold MW2. MW3 hasn't sold as much but you can't really draw a pattern or trend from one game.

Actually no. Pretty sure Black Ops outsold MW2. MW3 hasn't sold as much but you can't really draw a pattern or trend from one game.

Also have to consider the fact that sales are down across the industry as this gen draws to a close. Everything is selling less now, not just this game.

This is a dick move by Treyarch though. Not even a huge fan of the map but it was fun to just jump in and mindlessly shoot shit for a while. And to remove the 24/7 playlist and bury it in another one is just nonsense. Thanks for not letting the community host servers guys, now we know why.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Also have to consider the fact that sales are down across the industry as this gen draws to a close. Everything is selling less now, not just this game.

This is a dick move by Treyarch though. Not even a huge fan of the map but it was fun to just jump in and mindlessly shoot shit for a while. And to remove the 24/7 playlist and bury it in another one is just nonsense. Thanks for not letting the community host servers guys, now we know why.

They could go the EA way and let you rent server space if you want. Do you want that?

Nome

I seriously think it was pulled so people would play other maps. They got pissy because it was a little too popular.

Fuckin' crybabies.
Maybe they should've designed better maps then = /

Very flew of the Blops 2 maps come close to the intricate brilliance of Blops 1 designs.

DjRoomba

Banned
Maybe they should've designed better maps then = /

Very flew of the Blops 2 maps come close to the intricate brilliance of Blops 1 designs.

Bloops 1 n 2 have shit maps cos they have both really huge maps and really small maps. Modern warfare 2 n 3 has the right sized stuff. Too big is no fun

test_account

XP-39C²
I just played under the Bonus tab. I played about 5 rounds in a row, not once did Nuketown 2025 come up as an option. What is the point of doing this? Seriously, i cant see no benefits at all of removing Nuketown 2025, has Treyarch said anything about this?

Top Bottom