• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treyarch pull Nuketown 2025 pre-order bonus map in Black Ops 2(Up: Back, in playlist)

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

goodnews.png

:/

Megasoum

Banned
So I guess they realized that everybody was only playing that map and nobody gave a damn about the other maps. Jealous level designers? lol

Elginer

You know what, Fuck you Treyarch. This is some mofo bullshit of the highest order.

Or maybe not. Who knows but it's very angering.

KissVibes

Banned
They probably want people who don't have Nuketown to still be able to find games. Better than locking those guys out over one map.

ruxtpin

Banned
They probably want people who don't have Nuketown to still be able to find games. Better than locking those guys out over one map.

They weren't locked out. I spent the better half of last week playing Black Ops 2 without having redeemed my Nuketown code. The only thing I was locked out of was the "Nuketown" playlist, which I didn't even see until I redeemed my code.

darthbob

"PREORDER TO GET NUKETOWN"

*one week later*

"Yeah we're not putting it in the rotation now. Fuck off"

So what? It's just a preorder bonus. It's not as if people paid more for it anyhow, and did it ever make a stipulation that it was going to always be in the hoppers?

No, it just said, 'Pre-order Blops 2, get a code for another map that you can play on.'

That's it.

adelante

So I guess they realized that everybody was only playing that map and nobody gave a damn about the other maps. Jealous level designers? lol

i think that might not be far from the truth haha Nuketown existing as a separate playlist means a huge chunk of players are flocking to it when they could've populate the normal playlists instead. Treyarch probably didn't realize the amount of players in Nuketown playlist would be that significant...

Not even close, people only like Nuketown because you can level up faster when play on it. Thank god they didn't put it into normal rotation.

This is bullshit.

It's a very fun level to play for various reasons, but let me explain why I'm personally so annoyed about this.

My girlfriend has been playing the map constantly for days. She's always enjoyed fiddling around in CoD, but this map really grabbed her and allowed her to really get good (2:1 ratio common etc). For someone who wasn't overly experienced in online FPS' the size of the map was perfect, as was the constant action (Don't have to run around lots to find action etc).

Now? She's fucked. We don't have many real life friends who play CoD, and bots are boring. She has NO way to play this online in the environment she enjoys. Not a single way. Complete bait and switch.

Fantasmo

That's crap - so I've got to wrangle 12 players together (at most I'll get 5-6 and that's boring) to actually play it like I did this weekend? Nuts I say, nuts!

Exactly. I'm 10 years post college grad. Custom matches are worthless. Only children can take advantage of custom matches. (Rated M for Mature, lol)

Lothars

Isn't Nuketown a map that comes with the Season pass as well? Im sure they will release it like others are saying as part of the first dlc pack as an extra "bonus"

Metalmarc

I can tell you the reason it was pulled there was a scam going on advertised on hotdeals uk site i think, cant find the link now probally been removed,

but basically the poster on the site was advising uk customers who hadnt preordered the game to contact them and say the code for nuketown was missing (Even though they weren't entitiled to it) and then they were given a code as the system ballsed up and didnt check whether it was a preorder

or something like that, so basically you have those to blame for it no doubt,

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't say I blame them, from what I've heard this map is basically the equivalent of Orange X in TF2 or pool_party in Counter-Strike. Shit maps that lots of people inexplicably find fun.
If a lot of people find it fun, don't you think it's a shitty thing for Treyarch to do then?

aku:jiki

I can't say I blame them, from what I've heard this map is basically the equivalent of Orange X in TF2 or pool_party in Counter-Strike. Shit maps that lots of people inexplicably find fun.
No, Nuketown is actually a competently designed and there's nothing wrong with it. People who hate it only hate it because it moves at too high a pace for them and they can't keep up. Truth.

Fantasmo

So what? It's just a preorder bonus. It's not as if people paid more for it anyhow, and did it ever make a stipulation that it was going to always be in the hoppers?

No, it just said, 'Pre-order Blops 2, get a code for another map that you can play on.'

That's it.

This is factually incorrect. The playlist said "Nuketown 2025 24/7. We never close."
Does anyone have a picture?

Top Bottom