• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Fixed1979

Will be the first 360 game I've bought in almost a year. Trials fucking Evolution!

Same, my 360 gets 0 use anymore but I will be on this day 1. I was surprised by how much I liked the first one, can't wait for this.

Can you download other peoples creations without XBL Gold?

This is the biggest reason why I don't use my 360 anymore, I better not get half the game because I'm not a subscriber. I'll still buy it but will definitively be disappointed if this is the case.

km3k

Neo Member
Great OT! I'm so pumped for this. Even though this month has so many good games, Trials Evo beats them all!

I wonder if there will be a new riddle.

I missed the Trials bandwagon the first time around so I'm pretty excited to try this one out when it hits. I played the trial version of the original last week and it was an absolute blast.

One thing I will say is that I think it's pretty dumb how the editor allows you to create levels in all types of different game genres. I would much prefer the game just stick to what it's good at and not worry about doing everything. It reminds me of LBP2 in that way and I don't think it was a positive addition to that game.

Enough negativity though, bring on release day!

FinKL

Bought Daytona USA for 400 last week, and quickly learned not a single person is playing it online =/ Can't wait for this, I've NEVER bought an XBLA day1, I always wait for the discount, but because I skipped on Trials, this is a day1 for me and hopefully it will last me until the onslaught that is May

Najaf

Nice OP. Though, they have stated that physics have been slightly tweaked, and claimed this to not be noticeable. However, on the latest Rebel FM, it was said that the physics were notably different, but only took a few minutes to adjust to.

On a different note, I'd love to have a GT list for Gaf riders. I think it would be fun to have some more Gafers on my leaderboard.

GT: Najaf

One thing I will say is that I think it's pretty dumb how the editor allows you to create levels in all types of different game genres. I would much prefer the game just stick to what it's good at and not worry about doing everything. It reminds me of LBP2 in that way and I don't think it was a positive addition to that game.

It doesn't really give you genre options. The editor just opens and then... that is that. There is no FPS mode, you just make what you want. With this amount of freedom comes the option to explore different genres if you want, because you can make any object the playable character and you can move around the camera to wherever you want and mess around with object physics but that all benefits creating racing tracks as much as it does anything else. I can't possibly see how it's a bad thing.

Nice OP. Though, they have stated that physics have been slightly tweaked, and claimed this to not be noticeable. However, on the latest Rebel FM, it was said that the physics were notably different, but only took a few minutes to adjust to.

On a different note, I'd love to have a GT list for Gaf riders. I think it would be fun to have some more Gafers on my leaderboard.

GT: Najaf

I fully support this. Trials is much more fun with a leaderboard to chase.

GT: DivisionByZorro

It doesn't really give you genre options. The editor just opens and then... that is that. There is no FPS mode, you just make what you want. With this amount of freedom comes the option to explore different genres if you want, because you can make any object the playable character and you can move around the camera to wherever you want and mess around with object physics but that all benefits creating racing tracks as much as it does anything else. I can't possibly see how it's a bad thing.
That's good to hear, it sounds like it won't really hurt the experience, but even seeing some crappy looking FPS stuff in the trailer kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. It just seems like a weird thing to even show off or allow.

It's obviously a minor issue though, no need to listen to me rambling about it. :p

That's good to hear, it sounds like it won't really hurt the experience, but even seeing some crappy looking FPS stuff in the trailer kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. It just seems like a weird thing to even show off or allow.

It's obviously a minor issue though, no need to listen to me rambling about it. :p

No problem. I think it's just to show off the versatility and power of the editor. The main campaign won't feature anything like that.

Ryan_IGN

Trials HD is STILL in the top 10 on Major Nelson's most-played Xbox Live Arcade chart, almost three years after release. That's simply amazing. Something tells me Evolution -- with all its track-editing and community features -- will be what finally pushes it off the list.

Heck, this game alone makes the best case for why XBLA backwards compatibility on the next Xbox will be a necessity.

Fox Mulder

This will be the game that gets me to blow the dust off my 360 and play the shit out of it again. The shitty new dashboard and skyrim burnout really killed my 360 enthusiasm lately.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm more excited for Trials than any other game this year. Let's do this!

I really hope the downloadable track thing turns out good. I can see that extending the life the game for months.

whitehawk

Banned
I'm more excited for Trials than any other game this year. Let's do this!

I really hope the downloadable track thing turns out good. I can see that extending the life the game for months.
It seems to me that Track Central will almost render the idea of any DLC pointless. The community is going to make some amazing tracks that will be able to download for free. The last DLC for Trials HD included 10 fan made tracks, and they were just as good as the offical tracks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It seems to me that Track Central will almost render the idea of any DLC pointless. The community is going to make some amazing tracks that will be able to download for free. The last DLC for Trials HD included 10 fan made tracks, and they were just as good as the offical tracks.
DLC doesn't have to be tracks. It can be editor items, novelty bikes, rider gear, etc. Though I'm pretty sure 15000 different objects in the game is enough. I can see them charging for fruity bikes (with the same cc as others to keep editor compatibility).

Think I'm going to get this, I've had fun with similar physics games online and I tried the demo of Trials a couple of times and it seemed fun but for whatever reason I never bought it.

Brakara

I don't think user tracks will have leaderboards though, will they? If not, then that's an argument for DLC tracks.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think user tracks will have leaderboards though, will they? If not, then that's an argument for DLC tracks.

If user created tacks don't have leaderboards then they're completely pointless. I can't imagine that's the case.

derFeef

I see my gifs's got put to good use :D
Can't wait for it, but is Supercross only local? That would be a real bummer...

ksdixon

Will this be coming to PC at all?
I have TRIALS HD on 360, but Trials 2:Second Edition (or something simillar) on PC.
Not sure which version to get if it is also coming to PC.

So excited about this game, I kind of lost track of it's development and release date so was pleasantly surprised that it's out so soon.

Better buy ear plugs for my family, there's going to be a lot of swearing come next week...

Majukun

i don't have space in the HD right now..time to finish for the Nth time borderlands and dlc with friends and i can make space for this game.

So excited! I didn't even know this game was coming out so soon and just a few days ago started playing Trials HD on a whim. I remember being so frustrated and stopping. First run back beat the course I was having troubles on (weird how that works).

Cannot wait! Been waiting for a great XBLA game to come out and here it is!

The local multiplayer is awesome! That is probably going to start quite a few arguments.

Top Bottom