• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Daigoro

yeah user created tracks have to have leaderboards. they just gotta. wont make sense without them.

I'll buy it, but $75 is a bit steep for this game.

I may as well just buy a new controller in advance

actually 75 sounds about right.

ive gotten more than $75 worth of entertainment out of HD.

Najaf

I've sent out a few friends requests. Maybe we could get a full list of Gamertags on the community post for those interested.

Once again, for those that want fast times to race against: Najaf

skill level: Platinum medal on Inferno II

edit: I have communication disabled for non-friends on Live. Send me a PM here on Gaf when you send the request so I know who you are.

Pumped. PUMPED.

This, Alan Wake AM and Fez are the only reason I still have a 360 at this point, honestly. If the Trials series was still on PC I might not have it at all.

Oreoleo

Nice OP whitehawk. I look forward to taking on your leaderboard times for the next two years like I did with the first game! And daigoro too. I feel like such bros with you guys just cause I spent so much time with the first Trials and would see your names all over the place.

whitehawk

Banned
Nice OP whitehawk. I look forward to taking on your leaderboard times for the next two years like I did with the first game! And daigoro too. I feel like such bros with you guys just cause I spent so much time with the first Trials and would see your names all over the place.
pfft, good luck

Daigoro

yeah. cant wait! its gonna be fuuuuun. hopefully get some multiplayer in too.

If not, that would almost be a dealbreaker, at least for some friends of mine.

there will be online races. there was an achievement list floating around with a win 5 online races achievement.

not that it should be a deal breaker by any means. the actual "trials" portion is what the game is all about. multi will just be the icing on the cake. i have a feeling its going to be a blast.

the way it seems to be laid out seems perfect for online. latency shouldnt be an issue at all. there is no reason that it would be local only.

derFeef

not that it should be a deal breaker by any means. the actual "trials" portion is what the game is all about. multi will just be the icing on the cake. i have a feeling its going to be a blast.

the way it seems to be laid out seems perfect for online. latency shouldnt be an issue at all. there is no reason that it would be local only.

Sure Trials is about the trials mode, but we were looking forward having fun with that supercross mode online and not just our live ghosts in trials mode.

Popeck

So, Supercross online, yay or nay?

From what I've played, YAY! It's surprisingly fun. Of course my experiences are limited to the local multiplayer with two players, but it's refreshingly different. I usually like to keep going for platinum in the Extreme and Hard tracks but the multiplayer Supercross is more about the speed and living in the moment. Yes, you can practice the tracks (alone even), but still, there's no retries if you screw-up immediately in a race. On the other hand you can still easily get back in the game, thanks to the respawning system. It should bring a different kind of competitive aspect to gaming and maybe a little bit more relaxed fun.

The most interesting and potentially funny aspect is the bailout finishing. You can disable it, but at least we had fun with it. Sometimes I just noticed that I'm going to miss the last jump and try to save my first place by bailing out - only to fail miserably. I'm not 100% sure about this, but if you fail to get over the finish line using bailout, you won't get back to your bike and you basically miss all the points you would have got from the race.

And if you didn't know, you play tournaments of like 1-9 races in the multiplayer. The winner gets 10 points and every crash/fail gets you -1 points. So if you miss the bailout finish, you could lose something like 8 points, so there's always a risk.

I don't think I can say more, but YOUR BODY ISN'T READY.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm currently trying to complete every track in Trials HD on gold. Those DLC maps sure are more challenging than the disc maps. Hoping to get 'em all before Evolution releases.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm currently trying to complete every track in Trials HD on gold. Those DLC maps sure are more challenging than the disc maps. Hoping to get 'em all before Evolution releases.

I'm doing the same thing except for the extreme tracks. I'm just happy I finished those.

I'm much less ambitious. I'd like to zero fault everything up to the end of hard, because that's about the limit of my skills. Managed it on everything pre-DLC. I'm not sure I'll ever get the extreme tracks below 20, and I'm nowhere near that right now!

The next track on my list is a Donkey one though, and it's long, and hard to not crash on :(

Rodelero

Yeah that's the big question that we don't know yet.

This has been answered for a while. Custom tracks do have proper leaderboards.

Cannot wait for this game. Trying to get as far up the leaderboards on HD as I can now... closing in on the top 500.

Some info that should be in the OP...

Supercross is online and offline, though they work slightly differently online and off.

Online has three modes, Trials, Hardcore Trials, and Supercross.

Trials is Beg/Eas/Med and Hardcore is Hard/Extreme... Supercross tracks are almost all beginner, there are three easy and one medium too.

Skill games:

Gas Problem
Freestyler
Icarus Factor
S.P.H.E.R.E
UFO
Balance of Power
Cruise Control
Ball of Steel
Mr. Vertigo
Exploding Man

Top Bottom