• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Is there any way to turn off or skip the annoying song that plays when you first start the game?

Why would you want to skip over the intro raps? They're hilarious.

Also, which is the best bike in the game? I just got my A license but I'm having trouble adjusting to the new bike. I would prefer to keep using the previous unlock but I'm afraid that I'm neutering myself if I do.

Search results give nothing for your gamer tag.

Bear in mind that it's case sensitive, for some reason.

Is there any way to turn off or skip the annoying song that plays when you first start the game?

mute.jpg

So I'm trying to make a custom track that just goes in an eternal loop (the win condition will end up being something else). I tried to use the player event to warp the bike back to the start when you reach the "end" of the loop, but even though I have the maintain physics box checked, it still screws up the bike physics when the warp happens.

Has anyone been able to make a believable loop in the track editor yet?

LordAlu

Managed Gigatrack with 5 faults, one less than the limit for gold... but took 9min25secs to do it. Gonna have to shave a good minute and a half off now! :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Haven't owned one since 2009 so there'd be plenty of games I've missed out on to play through. The main thing putting me off right now is the thought paying for live. Now Trials is being published by ubisoft is there any chance of it coming to other platforms?

I rebought for trials HD and a few exclusives like halo and gears of war.

You can still see leader boards with silver I think? Just can't play multiplayer

big_z

how do you get extra distance over a jump when coming at it on flat land? on the very first track i cant figure out how some of the top people are making it over the last gap.

Fur_Q

Are we in a position for a track creation/recommendation thread like halo n lbp? I could use some.

Yes, need gamertag names to search for tracks. Sectus posted he had a track but for the life of me I couldn't find it, also tried to guess his gt, was unsuccessful.

So.....

Name of track
GamerTag

LordAlu

Are we in a position for a track creation/recommendation thread like halo n lbp? I could use some.
I was interested in this too but enzo_gt suggested we could just use this and have the second post as a Tracks recommendation/GAF track list which I think would be good.

see5harp

The music really isn't that bad. I think the rap song in the intro is sorta funny. It sounds like Beans from Anti Pop Consortium doing a song about playing Trials, which is just absurd. The worst stuff is the pop metal sounding stuff. The electronic stuff and the rap song that plays during Gigatrack is actually not bad at all. I just wish the songs didn't loop so much. Easy fix, plug usb drive in xbox. Done.

The music really isn't bad. I think the rap song in the intro is sorta funny. It sounds like Beans from Anti Pop Consortium doing a song about playing Trials, which is just absurd. The worst stuff is the pop metal sounding stuff. The electronic stuff and the rap song that plays during Gigatrack is actually not bad at all. I just wish the songs didn't loop so much. Easy fix, plug usb drive in xbox. Done.

Everytime I try to do "play all" through my usb drive it freezes. There's less than 75 songs on the drive, I don't get why it freezes each time. If I play individual folders or songs, it works. I have things separated by folders so I try to play all to randomize all the songs.

see5harp

Everytime I try to do "play all" through my usb drive it freezes. There's less than 75 songs on the drive, I don't get why it freezes each time. If I play individual folders or songs, it works. I have things separated by folders so I try to play all to randomize all the songs.

Yea actually, ever since they starting adding more and more stuff to the OS, it seems like custom music has been given less ram or horsepower to work with. I usually make sure I have 7-8 albums and a podcast on it at the very maximum. Also, it's helpful to get that stuff playing before you hop into a game because in game the 360 really chugs with just reading the folders.

I have been using the Super Meatboy and Red Alert soundtracks along with some Yngwie Malmsteen, Annihilator, Kavinsky, College, Primus and Kyuss.

Edit: Yeah the 360 crumbles when opening songs from usb. I wish this was out for pc :(

MMaRsu

Banned
YES I have received a 48 hour XBL code so please invite me for some GAF games tonight!!!!

Also stop using USB's and start streaming your music with Tversity.

Drakken

Woo! Finished all the Extreme tracks today. I was shocked at how short Inferno 3 was; actually felt kind of shortchanged, haha. I remember Inferno 2 from Trials HD being way longer. Surprisingly, I beat Inferno 3 before one of the other Extreme tracks - don't remember the name but it was the one with a ramp with a large barrel at the top, followed by a platform you have to jump to from the barrel. Gave up on my first attempt through the Extreme levels but came back to it after passing Inferno 3 and was able to complete it. Now it's on to working on golds...

Question for the "pros" going for golds and platinums: are you pretty much using the fourth bike for everything? Or do you find yourself going to the third one for more stability and max top speed on some of the easier tracks where you don't need as much technique?

YES I have received a 48 hour XBL code so please invite me for some GAF games tonight!!!!

Also stop using USB's and start streaming your music with Tversity.

Because of the usb issues I do stream from the pc but I'd rather not have the pc on if I can help it. Bit of a waste of electric.
You shouldn't have to really, my phone and pc copes with media fine just the bloody the xbox is useless.

atomsk

Party Pooper
almost got myself back into the top 1k (1078)... and my fingers staged a revolt.

ah well, tomorrow is another day

I'll probably turn it back on in 2 hours

Brakara

Question for the "pros" going for golds and platinums: are you pretty much using the fourth bike for everything? Or do you find yourself going to the third one for more stability and max top speed on some of the easier tracks where you don't need as much technique?

If you're not sure what bike to use, just check the #1 replay and use whatever bike he used.

Oreoleo

I use the 450cc for basically everything except the extreme and hard tracks.

I don't know about "basically everything" but I'll frequently use the Scorpion on beginner and easy tracks where you don't have to worry about losing acceleration as much.

aku:jiki

If you're not sure what bike to use, just check the #1 replay and use whatever bike he used.
It's basically always the Phoenix though. You do need to master the bike to get through Hard and certainly Extreme so really no point in insisting on using the Scorpion.

big_z said:
how do you get extra distance over a jump when coming at it on flat land? on the very first track i cant figure out how some of the top people are making it over the last gap.
I'm certainly no Trials pro but since no one else answered, I guess they're bunny-hopping? Left and then immediately right at the top of the jump.

rObit

Banned
Dear diary,

Today I learned that you only get 500 faults. 500 faults was not enough.

Can Out of the Pit get up and get a sandwich? I didn't think so. WHO'S THE FAILURE NOW TRIALS?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
My friends and I last night talked about starting a google doc we can share and post the names of good tracks so that we can all see the good ones. That is how badly this feature is needed in game!

Sweet, I have a HD PVR for recording direct feed so with your list and my recordings we could get some sort of weekly 'Top 10 Recommendation' video montage thing going on. I had been thinking about the idea over the last day since I only bought this piece of kit a few weeks ago and haven't really put it to any use yet.

rObit

Banned
500 faults is a very reasonable limit.

Yeah it's reasonable. I was pretty much at the point of just throwing myself at the obstacle by the time I'd gotten to 500. On the other hand, now I'm really daunted to try again because there was another jump before that one that took me around 100 to get by as well. So now I have to try to get past that first really difficult one just to get back to where I was stuck.

Blegh, maybe just some multiplayer for now and I'll come back to it later.

Top Bottom