• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

sneaky77

It's basically always the Phoenix though. You do need to master the bike to get through Hard and certainly Extreme so really no point in insisting on using the Scorpion.

I'm certainly no Trials pro but since no one else answered, I guess they're bunny-hopping? Left and then immediately right at the top of the jump.

I am terrible at the game for the most part but after just using the Phoenix online it just feels weightless..

blahness

Yeah it's reasonable. I was pretty much at the point of just throwing myself at the obstacle by the time I'd gotten to 500. On the other hand, now I'm really daunted to try again because there was another jump before that one that took me around 100 to get by as well. So now I have to try to get past that first really difficult one just to get back to where I was stuck.

Blegh, maybe just some multiplayer for now and I'll come back to it later.

Watch some of the top replays of those levels, once you learn how people make those jumps, the extreme levels get a lot easier. Most of the time its a matter of knowing when to let off the gas or shift your body back and forth to get that extra hop.

Carm

So, besides one or two tracks with a fault, I've been getting no fault golds for every track, then I got to Gigatrack. I spent almost an hour on this stupid track before I got fed up. Decided to just keep going, 29 faults and bronze *sigh*. Track is to fucking long and whoever designed it needs to be punched. It's completely out of place length wise.

rObit

Banned
Watch some of the top replays of those levels, once you learn how people make those jumps, the extreme levels get a lot easier. Most of the time its a matter of knowing when to let off the gas or shift your body back and forth to get that extra hop.

I took your advice. I didn't think it would help me much because what I saw was basically what I was trying and failing to do, but I was somehow finally able to get past it. Not sure if it was the replays or dumb luck.

So, besides one or two tracks with a fault, I've been getting no fault golds for every track, then I got to Gigatrack. I spent almost an hour on this stupid track before I got fed up. Decided to just keep going, 29 faults and bronze *sigh*. Track is to fucking long and whoever designed it needs to be punched. It's completely out of place length wise.

I enjoy gigatrack, and it is quite easy, yet I always lose concentration and fuck up somewhere. Usually on the first pole vault type jump.

Revenant

I'm really enjoying this, but I can't remember the time I've hurled so many expletives at my tv. In a good way of course!

brutal to get to the end of a track and eat it on the last part.

Atomski

Yeah Gigatrack is one of my favs. Its not exactly that hard unless you start to lose focus. Something about it though.. just want to keep trying to beat my time.

Beat it with no faults earlier but was 14 seconds off a platinum. Still top-1000 at least. Definitely hear you when you say it's like UE, feels that way to me too. It's not about skill as much as it is about sustained concentration

andylsun

Just tried gigatrack for the first time, 11:21 and 15 faults. Didn't realise how far apart the checkpoints are! that made it a bit tougher. Hope to get under 10 minutes

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I have been struggling to get the no fault tournament achievement. I feel close-ish, I usually get to the 4th or 5th track before I fault. Not nearly as difficult as the Ultimate Endurance from HD, but still nicely challenging.

I haven't figured out how to get the Lab on fire achievement yet, the pool near the end is tough to get past without being extinguished.

whitehawk

Banned
I haven't figured out how to get the Lab on fire achievement yet, the pool near the end is tough to get past without being extinguished.
Here's how to do it:
1. Wait at the start until the water pipe falls off.
2. Before the pool of water, get lots of air and go above on of the pipes, thus not triggering the pool to fill with water.

MMaRsu

Banned
I've got two free spots on my friend list and I'm looking for some gaffers to play some private games with right now!

Tag = MMaRsu NL

aku:jiki

Woo! Everything done except Extreme...and it's way too late in Europe for that agony right now. So like a total sucker I'm going back to HD and buying DLC so I can play more mellow stuff! Right now I would basically give RedLynx free access to my bank account.

Edit: Wow, I didn't realize how different the physics are. All the bikes in HD are basically twice as heavy as they are in Evolution. And the levels have some beautiful lighting work that's basically completely gone in Evo.

329 attempts and just finished Inferno 3...

bZNZy.jpg

Totally disagree, it's an awesome track to chill out on and have some fun. Best track in the game IMO.

Brizzo24

This happened just a few hours ago, made me laugh.

*I used to work at a .com, as a video game journalist. One of my old co-workers hit me up today with this text. And it sort just got heated after that.

o5FTf.png

FFcib.png

NVWf9.png

PaulLFC

Has there been a recreation of the skill game from Trials HD where you have to carry the bombs in the trailer? I loved that game, constant battle for the top of the leaderboard with my friend.

Has there been a recreation of the skill game from Trials HD where you have to carry the bombs in the trailer? I loved that game, constant battle for the top of the leaderboard with my friend.

yeah i really wished all the previous skill games got an update as well, so far i liked Trials HD skill games a lot better then Evo's, hill climb, plus the trailer one and the jump/bailout one were all great

whitehawk

Banned
Yes, more or less. You have a slightly curved rollercoaster track attached to your bike, and you have to keep the marble it's holding from falling off.

http://youtu.be/8P96Wf7e6yU?t=1m22s

edit: oh, do you mean as a user-created track?

PaulLFC

Yes, more or less. You have a slightly curved rollercoaster track attached to your bike, and you have to keep the marble it's holding from falling off.

http://youtu.be/8P96Wf7e6yU?t=1m22s

edit: oh, do you mean as a user-created track?
Yeah, I'm hoping somebody more talented at track creation than me can create a near-exact replica of the game from HD :)

On another note, I hate when glitchers ruin the leaderboards for certain tracks or skill games. The barrel ball skill game from Track Central is fun, but checking the top 2 replays (I didn't check any further), they both use some glitch where they get the ball to fly through the ramp and into the bottom of the barrel (so not actually going into the barrel as is the aim of the skill game). Ah well.

Edit: Just noticed there's an updated version of barrel ball :)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Man they need to work on their top rated algorithm, tracks with 1 or 3 votes showing up completely ruins it.

Biggest problem here Gowan is that the creator is allowed to vote so as soon as they put a 5 star it goes straight to the top. If 3 different people voted 5 first then maybe that wouldn't be so bad but anyone can vote on theirs first to get it in the spotlight if just to get a few downloads before people vote honestly.

What RedLynx need to do is have a 'New Additions' for tracks with both no downloads and no votes. 10 people might download the track and never finish it so they won't be able to vote, but after a day or two the track is removed from the 'New Additions' section. $0.02

Popeck

At first I thought Gigatrack sucked, but after a few tries I started to like it. It was kinda therapeutic to breeze through it a few times while listening to some Ayreon. My first faultless run was just 4 seconds over the platinum limit. Then I switched to the 450 cc bike and got the medal almost immediately. Made many jumps and generally not falling over easier, but that's the case with most of the beginner-medium tracks.

I've now platinumed almost every track, only five extremes are remaining. I really like the hard tracks: they are technical and still easy enough to try to get good times on without worrying too much about getting stuck.

aku:jiki

I seriously need some help with Extreme! I've read all tips posts in the thread so far and I've learned some from them and a lot from practice. I've gotten my skills up to the point where I can handle most of the things Extreme throw at you with a reasonable amount of retries... Except all this 90 degree shit.

What I just really can't handle and what just completely destroys my brain is when they do something like... Bunny hop, almost 90 degree angle, bunny hop in the middle of it and then something assholish like a crate in the way at the top. I can't even begin to wrap my head around it and it's kinda depressing me because I haven't been so bad at anything in a game probably ever!

Best example I have is from Trials HD since that's what I played tonight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-tjOAZ3l-8
1:02. How does he lift his back tire so smoothly when he gets up on it? Why doesn't his bike just fly off to the left, or go into a full wheelie, when he lands on the boxes, like mine does? If I try to feather or accelerate slowly, I'll just slide off or fall backwards. Same for full throttle. How does he fly up on the second box when it looks like he doesn't bunny hop?

I love this game so much, really might be one of my favourite games this year (so far at least).

Red Lynx have improved on everything....and the damn leaderboards, I'm addicted!

Fox Mulder

I enjoy gigatrack, and it is quite easy, yet I always lose concentration and fuck up somewhere. Usually on the first pole vault type jump.

yeah, it's easy overall, I just fuck up somewhere stupid. I got it down to 1 fault and the gold time, so I will have to go back to improve that.

jaypah

Finally bought this (payday, wooo wooo!) and I have a bunch of space for friends. Add me please, I need some times for me and my girl to shoot for! GT: JAYPAH

we're not great but we love to play so let's do this!

Dug

Banned
Finally bought this (payday, wooo wooo!) and I have a bunch of space for friends. Add me please, I need some times for me and my girl to shoot for! GT: JAYPAH

we're not great but we love to play so let's do this!
Added.

Might as well bring my out my GT if people want more competition: LeeroyPinkerton.

inky

Just bought this and made it to the C License track. God is this game fun! I'm going out but can't wait to get back to this.

Top Bottom