• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

cackhyena

It definitely needed changing from HD because that was a bit silly, but it does feel like they've gone slightly too far the other way now.

Still, I shouldn't really be tapping my head on ramps anyway, it's my own fault!

It's true. I got away with so much shit when my head could bend that way in the original.

Game does feel easier so far, though. I think out of all the tracks I've burned through, I only have one silver. I remember HD ramping up it's difficulty well before then. Not a bad thing, but i do hope it starts kicking my ass soon here. Really wish the loading screen didn't need to happen. The almost instant in and out of HD has me spoiled.

atomsk

Party Pooper
The slightest little knock on your head is a crash now, whereas in HD you could roll around on your head for ages. It's definitely noticeable.

This was fucking me up in a few platinum runs, my head would BARELY GRAZE some shit and it would fault.

And that damn ramp section in Dark City is the only thing keeping me from the Silver medal (the last Silver I need in Extreme)

Daigoro

I've got all gold on Hard and still need to get gold on Gigatrack... that's first thing on the agenda for today

looks like you did just that. i just got gold as well. one damn fault and several close calls.

the track is pretty fun. its long, but not too ridiculous i think.

LevityNYC

Banned
For those, that don't know, you can't unlock platinums until you get 135 total medals. Don't worry, if you achieve a platinum, they will unlock automatically once you get 135 medals.

So, maybe a stupid question to ask, but. If I've never played the first Trials, should I do so first, before going into Trials Evolution? I have points sitting in my account, unused, and I'm not sure if I should get both.

aku:jiki

So, maybe a stupid question to ask, but. If I've never played the first Trials, should I do so first, before going into Trials Evolution? I have points sitting in my account, unused, and I'm not sure if I should get both.
Yes, otherwise you'll totally be spoiling the story for yourself.

I don't think there's any reason you need, or should, get HD over Evo. Though I do think you should get it eventually if you really enjoy Evo since it's great. Evo just has more content, creation tools/sharing that HD doesn't come anywhere near, and multiplayer. If you end up plowing through and loving Evo, definitely go back and get HD to play those tracks as well. I think Evo is slightly better at teaching you and progression (since it seems to be a tad easier) as well.

I don't think there's any reason you need, or should, get HD over Evo. Though I do think you should get it eventually if you really enjoy Evo since it's great. Evo just has more content, creation tools/sharing that HD doesn't come anywhere near, and multiplayer. If you end up plowing through and loving Evo, definitely go back and get HD to play those tracks as well. I think Evo is slightly better at teaching you and progression (since it seems to be a tad easier) as well.

Thanks. Got it downloading right now. Not usually my thing, but everything I've seen (the Giant Bomb quicklook) and heard, and the buzz around it, is kind of infectious.

Thanks. Got it downloading right now. Not usually my thing, but everything I've seen (the Giant Bomb quicklook) and heard, and the buzz around it, is kind of infectious.

No problem. It'll be kind of frustrating at first (well, it's always kind of frustrating) but you'll get better without even realizing it. Then when you go back to earlier levels, you'll be killing it. There were a few posts a couple of pages back with some great tips too.

Daigoro

just got Unyielding II. it was pretty fun to do. a good primer on throttle and brake control.

did Hard the Hard Way a day or so ago too. that one was a lot of fun. it was cool using that rinky dink bike on a decent track.

they should do more stuff with crappy bikes. like a Rattler or Donkey tournament or something. maybe that would be a bit much though. but i wouldnt mind some track with bike restrictions or separate leaderboards for different bikes or something.

LordAlu

Has anyone made a track recommendation thread? I'm sure theres some amazing stuff out there thats not getting recognized.
No, I suggested one a few days ago but this thread will likely become one, maybe using the reserved 2nd post to list recommendations.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No, I suggested one a few days ago but this thread will likely become one, maybe using the reserved 2nd post to list recommendations.
Depends right now if OP is willing to start updating it. Maybe he should start by making a form that's easy to recognize within all the posts for both GAF-created and non-GAF created reccomendations so he can tier it off into two sections.

I'll even suggest a form:

GAF created or other: GAF
Gamertag (GAF Handle): arvinater (enzo_gt)
Name: My super awesome track
Type: Supercross
Difficulty: Extreme
Media: (here, below you can place thumbnails or post links to video)

Sound good? If OP isn't willing I'd volunteer to make a separate thread, though IMO that isn't optimal.

I have just over 100 medals and I've been spending my time making my first track. I have no doubt that in a week or so we'll see some of the more creative stuff begin to come out.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Depends right now if OP is willing to start updating it. Maybe he should start by making a form that's easy to recognize within all the posts for both GAF-created and non-GAF created reccomendations so he can tier it off into two sections.

Sound good? If OP isn't willing I'd volunteer to make a separate thread, though IMO that isn't optimal.

I have just over 100 medals and I've been spending my time making my first track. I have no doubt that in a week or so we'll see some of the more creative stuff begin to come out.

I tried to download your track since it sounded awesome but I could't find it. Weird.

LordAlu

Yeah I was gonna make one a few days ago but you're right in that it isn't optimal. Also, if the OP could keep it updated they could just put links in that point to the post i.e.

enzo_gt: My super awesome track

atomsk

Party Pooper
looks like you did just that. i just got gold as well. one damn fault and several close calls.

the track is pretty fun. its long, but not too ridiculous i think.

yeah, got my silver in Dark City finally as well.

the only achievement I have left is that damn tournament one.

still trying to crack the top 1000 globally (1048 currently), need to let my hands rest again

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The Ninja extreme course is one of my favorites. Some really fun technical stuff in that one. I still have three extreme tracks to go.

Daigoro

yeah, got my silver in Dark City finally as well.

the only achievement I have left is that damn tournament one.

still trying to crack the top 1000 globally (1048 currently), need to let my hands rest again

no time for hand resting if you want to crack the top 1k. get back to work!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah I was gonna make one a few days ago but you're right in that it isn't optimal. Also, if the OP could keep it updated they could just put links in that point to the post i.e.

enzo_gt: My super awesome track
That's also a good idea. Keeps things clean. Maybe at least put the kind of track (Supercross or Trials) since people will be looking for either-or most of the time.

LordAlu

That's also a good idea. Keeps things clean. Maybe at least put the kind of track (Supercross or Trials) since people will be looking for either-or most of the time.
Could just have two parts to the post, first part listing normal tracks and the second part Supercross.
Standard Tracks
Tag: Trackname

Supercross Tracks

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Could just have two parts to the post, first part listing normal tracks and the second part Supercross.
Or that. And then another area of the sort with the same stuff but for cool non-GAFer tracks people have found online. Not sure if that's necessary to catalog but it'd be nice to have a single place to view recommendations.

whitehawk, where you at?

MMaRsu

Banned
Well be sure to include my track Bumpy Tunnel :p

I need to check out enzo's track too tho..add me on XBL? Tag = MMaRsu NL

just got Unyielding II. it was pretty fun to do. a good primer on throttle and brake control.

did Hard the Hard Way a day or so ago too. that one was a lot of fun. it was cool using that rinky dink bike on a decent track.

they should do more stuff with crappy bikes. like a Rattler or Donkey tournament or something. maybe that would be a bit much though. but i wouldnt mind some track with bike restrictions or separate leaderboards for different bikes or something.

They should also break the leaderboards down by bike. Probably too late for that now though.

I'm getting up to Super Meat Boy levels of hitting that reset button with this game. Can be so frustrating, yet so good at the same time.

I have no clue how I'm ever going to get Unyielding II. That just seems impossible.

Someone on another forum recommended Kinya Aikawa, made by akaishism, and now I'm here recommending it because it's brilliant and creepy and ace. Probably extreme difficulty, despite how it says it's hard!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Someone on another forum recommended Kinya Aikawa, made by akaishism, and now I'm here recommending it because it's brilliant and creepy and ace. Probably extreme difficulty, despite how it says it's hard!

That was interesting. Definitely slightly hard for hard, but not quite extreme.

The Montezuma extreme track is good, but very difficult. There is a specific part involving two white boxes I cant get past yet.

Edit: Technical Terror by Brian4325 is an awesome extreme track too. That might be my favorite extreme track overall so far.

So, holy crap. Trials Evolution basically has free DLC. I noticed in the forums that a developer made a thread announcing they are releasing 4 supercross tracks onto track central and they will be on redlynx picks soon.

http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=8320

I had assumed they'd be making new tracks from time to time!

I just 0-faulted every track up to the end of hard, and that puts me 659th on the global leaderboard out of 250,000. I'll never be that high again and so am enjoying it while it lasts - someone do a screenshot of the GAF leaderboard now, quickly, while I'm near the top!

The multiplayer in this game sucks sucks sucks. It's so bad that it is not even hilarious.

What's so bad about it? The actual supercross or ghost trials? It's really fun and quick either way. The sucky thing is trying to get into a game and it dropping randomly.

Lima

What's so bad about it? The actual supercross or ghost trials? It's really fun and quick either way. The sucky thing is trying to get into a game and it dropping randomly.

It is super laggy, weird and there is an input delay. It takes ages to find a game. I can not believe how this got into the final game.

Ghosts were all the mp that this game needed and they replaced them with the stupid dots. Ughh

It is super laggy, weird and there is an input delay. It takes ages to find a game. I can not believe how this got into the final game.

Ghosts were all the mp that this game needed and they replaced them with the stupid dots. Ughh

Largely my experience with the MP has been just fine, really no network lag or input delay. The only negative experience I've had with it was the day after release when the servers were screwed up for awhile and you couldn't find games.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Another good custom track is Mt. neverest by Big Adio. It has some pretty bad checkpointing in spots, but it is a really fun hard track if you like uphill trials.

whitehawk

Banned

I've never experienced input delay. Lag doesn't matter since you never interact with each other. Once they fix the long matchmaking issues, it will be great.

Top Bottom