• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

daw840

I came into this thread to straight up gloat. I just got the "Flawless Victory" achievement. This requires you to finish a tournament of 6 tracks in order, without a fault. I'm embarassed to admit I spent over 5 hours this past week to get this done, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 7 total. I was determined, but don't do well with pressure, so I crumbled near the later part of those 6 tracks many times, including moments from the finish line of the 6th track. It's just so challenging to not make a single mistake over 6 tracks, especially on the hardest ones in this tournament.

Also, where the hell is the DLC announcement for this game? Surely they've got to have something in the works.

There is some new RL tracks for the summer of arcade, but that's it that I've heard about.

That's true. I have no motivation to try to improve times on the user tracks. But then, I don't have much motivation anyway since this thread died. :(

What I would really like to see is a PC tool to create tracks. I've played around with the editor and it just feels so clunky and slow compared to what could be done with a keyboard and mouse. Pretty sure Valve is doing this or will be soon with their Portal 2 editor and PS3 maps.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
According to the Red Lynx forums there's an issue where the DLC isn't posting in the system as it should be. They're waiting on Microsoft to investigate it. The patch that enables the DLC did come out recently.

Personally, the feature I wish Evo had would like: a leaderboard that tracked which user tracks your friends had recently played and posted times on. That way you could load those tracks and try them too. Would also act as an automatic recommendation feature to push quality tracks. I do like playing the better user tracks and there's a lot of good ones. But they need to be a bit more integrated with the stat tracking system.

Would also be cool to have a user generated tournament which randomly picked say, five high-starred user generated tracks. You could play that, then it would be saved as a set list attached to the date you first played it. Then your friends could play the same set so it was a fair competition by clicking on like, the tournament you played that day.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I wonder if it's only accessible from inside the game?

Nope, I've been checking about once an hour.

RedLynx certainly expected it to be up by now, because they put out a new skill game using the DLC parts

sFAT3.jpg

Is this another case of XBLA becoming a crap platform to develop for?

Agree that there should be more/better integration of good user tracks with leaderboards. I like to play through the cool tracks but I have little to no motivation to get good times on them.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I can't believe they haven't fixed the DLC all day.

Servers been messed up all day, I keep refreshing the Service page and it has said

We are hard at work fixing the issue with purchasing newly added content on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Thank you for your patience as we work to remedy this issue. Please check back here frequently as we will give you any new information as it becomes available.

for the past few hours. At least they finally admitted there is a problem.

Would be fucked if it didn't go up till Monday

Don't worry guys, Frankie Fee is all over it.

NDgy5.jpg

RedLynx said: it says they’re working on “newly added content on the Xbox Live Marketplace”, that includes the DLC. That’s all we know. :(

So it sounds like it's in Microsoft's hands now.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Only had enough time this morning to play through each track once (except the last extreme one, jesus) and now I'll be gone for the weekend =(

Good stuff though, looking forward to getting more plats

daw840

Where are the new tracks located. Maybe I'm just blind but I bought the DLC and now I can't find anything new. All of my statuses still say 100% for the tracks.

Overdoziz

Banned
After having played Ninja difficulty tracks intensively for the past couple of months I can't say that the new Extreme tracks are very challenging. :p I've only ridden through them once though, so maybe they'll be hard to platinum.

Zeth

The gecko BMX bike is so awesome. Wish I could use it on all tracks. Luckily there are quite a few good BMX tracks being made.

Staal

I got my first platinums on the new tracks, without trying too hard. Does anybody else feel the new tracks are a tidbit easier?

atomsk

Party Pooper
I got my first platinums on the new tracks, without trying too hard. Does anybody else feel the new tracks are a tidbit easier?

I got 2 plats on a sight-read, and I consider myself "ok" at this game (still top 1k, need to get back on my grind for top 500) so probably.

Feels like some of the hard tracks are really just slightly trickier medium tracks

Daigoro

my condolences to anyone attempting the wheelie achievement. THE WORST

3 hours later, finally nailed that shit

oh shit. yeah that one looked troubling. i had no idea how long you needed to wheelie though. havent attempted it yet.

still 3 hrs will be a lot less than marathon on HD for me. hopefully it doesnt take me that long.

Ken

Is the local multiplayer fun for younger children or is it really challenging? I know nothing about Trials and I'm downloading the demo right now. The only footage I've seen is some Giant Bomb QLs and they make it seem really frustrating...or maybe they're just showing off really hard challenges.

Is the local multiplayer fun for younger children or is it really challenging? I know nothing about Trials and I'm downloading the demo right now. The only footage I've seen is some Giant Bomb QLs and they make it seem really frustrating...or maybe they're just showing off really hard challenges.

Brad is just really really bad at the game. If your kids really enjoy it, depending on how old they are, they could definitely get better than Brad is.

Daigoro

Where are these located?

one of the new tracks. i dont remember which one at the moment. not a huge deal, but it struck me as a bit odd and mildly intrusive.

edit: its the High Level Degree track. its not plastered completely and that may be the only track that has ads from what i remember. still though.

snacknuts

we all knew her
That feel when you get all tracks platinum.

Yeeeaaaaaah.

Just tournaments left.

Damn. I feel like I've absolutely killed some of the tracks on this game and still end up with just a gold. Watching some of the top replays on these tracks blows my mind.

If anyone wants another name below you on your friends list, please add me. XBL name = Zestee.

Overdoziz

Banned
I download dozens of new tracks every week. Usually I go into the best Trials of the past 48 hours tab and there's always a bunch of new good tracks for me to download.

Top Bottom