• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Being that Fusion was my first Trials experience and I've enjoyed it so much, I picked up Trials Evolution on the 360 on Monday. Played it nonstop for 6 hours on Monday night. Beat all of the extreme tracks in that sitting. The extremes don't seem as tough on there compared to Fusion, also I like the Phoenix better than the Pit Viper I must say.

wouwie

Trials Fusion is my first Trials game. I bought the DLC, finished all tracks on hard (iirc) and spent 47 hours on it so far in total. I tried a lot of extreme tracks but never finished once. Today, i thought i'd try one last time with the first extreme track (the one in the rain and thunder). After finally managing that last big jump more and more, i stood at the very edge just before the finish before falling back again time and time again. At about 300 tries, i finally crossed the line and finished my first extreme track, which was sort of my last goal which i'd thought i never reach.

I'm not good at the game and i still miss a lot of the smaller nuances in giving gas and controlling the bike. But i just love the gameplay in Trials. I think i'll play some more hard tracks now, see if i can progress in those ones and will probably attempt another extreme track later on.

Also, i'm curious what the future will bring for Trials. It was hinted that they are working on some new things and maybe a next season of DLC.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Trials Fusion is my first Trials game. I bought the DLC, finished all tracks on hard (iirc) and spent 47 hours on it so far in total. I tried a lot of extreme tracks but never finished once. Today, i thought i'd try one last time with the first extreme track (the one in the rain and thunder). After finally managing that last big jump more and more, i stood at the very edge just before the finish before falling back again time and time again. At about 300 tries, i finally crossed the line and finished my first extreme track, which was sort of my last goal which i'd thought i never reach.

I'm not good at the game and i still miss a lot of the smaller nuances in giving gas and controlling the bike. But i just love the gameplay in Trials. I think i'll play some more hard tracks now, see if i can progress in those ones and will probably attempt another extreme track later on.

Also, i'm curious what the future will bring for Trials. It was hinted that they are working on some new things and maybe a next season of DLC.

Yep, that's how you do it. Go back to Hard and try to really nail those, and the next time you come back to Extreme you might beat that first one with 30 faults instead of 300. Soon it will feel completely doable with no faults, and then it's just a matter of getting that consistent run in. It's all about really FEELING the bike and what it can do (and of course also track memorization - knowing when to floor the gas and when not to, etc), and that just takes practice.

japtor

Yeah I think it's worth it, took a while but when viewed as a whole (vs a pack at a time every few months) the DLC turned out pretty well.

Since the last time I posted I got a little capture box and made a playlist of extreme runs (...just ignore/skip the old low quality ones), including Evolution tracks and Inferno II from Trials HD. Annoying there were some corrupt or unavailable replays I couldn't cap, and still don't have the hardest ones down enough to get platinum runs. Got Inferno IV down to like 3 or 4 but still depending on a lot of lucky breaks on that one, for example.

japtor

Yay there's another update coming June 11th:
http://trials.ubi.com/trials-portal/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-206637-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

First, there are a few changes that you might notice in the Cactus Challenge event. Quite a few players were wondering why they couldn’t test their chops on the Panda playgrounds using other vehicles. Well, you have spoken and we are answering. FMX tracks will allow the Foxbat, Trials tracks will allow the Roach and Pit Viper, and maybe a track that allows the Rabbit and the… Well, that actually deserves its own paragraph, so let’s move on.

Secondly, we are reintroducing the fan favorite. The heart of the Bushido Brawls and community skill shows. The one, the only, the Trials Fusion Donkey Bike! Short in stature, big in fun, what insanity can you get into with the little brother bike that everyone knows and loves? Who could hate the flip-happy Donkey? Not us, riders. Not us.

Thirdly, we are introducing a wealth of community content into Public Matchmaking. These tracks, created by the Trials Community, will be treated just like all of the “Official” tracks already found in MP. Over 40 creations of Trials and X-Supercross content are going to be added to the mix in an effort to expand upon what you face in your ranked matchups.

Last, but not least, this is also the first time that a female rider option is available in Trials. Long requested by the community, we are happy to now have this option available.
The Donkey looks closer to the original in size so I hope it's more like that than the Evo one.

Kumubou

I'm shocked this game is getting updates, and it's actually really cool that they're starting to add community-made maps to matchmaking. That's a really cool gesture of RedLynx/Ubisoft. The Donkey though.... aieeeee

I also managed to get the game and all of the DLC for only $10, so I'm finally going through the DLC tracks. Only played through the first two sets so far, but goddamn Way of the Machine gets way too real at points. Barely finished it. ;_;

Devil

I'm downloading the update right now. And from the list of changes coming with it, I can't help but as: Why the fuck is it a 5GB download?!

Seriously? It just consist some nice little weaks which should barely take up any space plus one new vehicle and a female character. Why do they make me load 5gigs for that?

wouwie

I was hoping to see something Trials related at the Ubi conference but the "awesome level max" DLC wasn't exactly what i expected. I mean, did i just watch a cat riding a unicorn instead of motorbikes? I will wait until there are more details and some footage but yeah... not looking good.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Do you get it for free if you have the season pass?

Nope, 10 bucks.

also

If you're in North America, the title update will go live the 14th of July, around 23.00 UTC (which is 4 PM PST).
The DLCs and the currency packs will go live when the PlayStation Store gets updated which should be more or less around the same time.

Man, I won't even be home. Oh well, I guess I'll play it tomorrow.

I just noticed they'll be selling "Acorn Virtual Currency". Fucking hell RedLynx, you really are 100% Ubisoft now

atomsk

Party Pooper
What's even in the DLC? 10 dollars sounds pretty steep.
This DLC contains 40 tracks, including 28 Trials tracks, a new skill game, a new FMX track & 10 local supercross tracks. These tracks are broken down into two amazing themes; RedLynx vs All-Stars, where we pit some of the best community builders against our professional level designers, and The Awesome Adventure featuring a new Riding Hero, based 100% upon the awesomeness of the interwebz, and where tracks are a completely new adventure. In addition to the 40 tracks in the DLC we will also be adding 5 all new X-Supercross tracks. These 5 tracks will be free to all players of Trials Fusion.

japtor

Is there a complete edition that has all the dlc and stuff?
There's the Awesome Max edition, it has the...awesome max stuff, and the dlc season pass stuff. Blood Dragon (which came out after your post I think) is a separate game.

Anyway bumping cause I finally 0 faulted Inferno IV. Granted I haven't been playing much again until recently, but still took a while. I had another 0 fault run but was too slow for platinum, so I had to do it again.

http://youtu.be/THrPIbgJzuA

And a few hours of the process was while I was streaming on Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/hippotrouble/profile

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Managed to get a silver on Inferno IV tonight! That is impressive for me, lol. I've continued to play the game occasionally and hone my skills slowly but surely.

Top Bottom