• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

pacman85

I got this game on XBox One the day it came out but am just now waiting for the season pass to go on sale. I am in no rush to get back and play this game but wouldn't mind some additional tracks to race on so I will bite when the season pass is $10 or so. I'm glad to hear these new DLC tracks are good.
Still waiting on that season pass for XBox One sale....

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I completed two more extreme tracks with the Rabbit tonight (Frostbite & Deluge). The only extremes I have not finished now are Inferno IV and Way of the Machine, and I actually got past the first checkpoint on Inferno IV last night for the first time EVER! :)

Honestly I love the Rabbit now but I don't think I can finish these other two tracks with it. There just seems to be jumps where I need more power. Wish I could switch bikes mid-race, lol.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I completed two more extreme tracks with the Rabbit tonight (Frostbite & Deluge). The only extremes I have not finished now are Inferno IV and Way of the Machine, and I actually got past the first checkpoint on Inferno IV last night for the first time EVER! :)

Honestly I love the Rabbit now but I don't think I can finish these other two tracks with it. There just seems to be jumps where I need more power. Wish I could switch bikes mid-race, lol.

The rabbit is great for getting up steep things, as it is very light and has ridiculous traction. But yeah, it's too slow and weak for many tracks.

Danneee

Season pass is on sale on EU PSN. Is it worth it? I like the game but havent finished the base game yet and I'm not 100% sure I'll ever get to the DLC but I dont want to miss out on anything special either.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Season pass is on sale on EU PSN. Is it worth it? I like the game but havent finished the base game yet and I'm not 100% sure I'll ever get to the DLC but I dont want to miss out on anything special either.

Damn, and I waited so long for a sale before eventually caving and buying the pass at full price... How large is the discount?

But I mean, it's worth it if you enjoy the gameplay. You get six packs (four of which have been released) of really good tracks with rather different themes from the shiny futuristic stuff in the base game. The most recent pack is all fire and lava and shit. You say you haven't even finished the base tracks though, which I did on the first or second day (lol), so maybe it's not as interesting for you.

Another big reason to get it is if you enjoy playing some user created tracks every now and then. Almost all new tracks are created using items from the DLC packs, and if you don't have them you can't play those, so the selection becomes really limited if you just have the base game.

Danneee

Damn, and I waited so long for a sale before eventually caving and buying the pass at full price... How large is the discount?

But I mean, it's worth it if you enjoy the gameplay. You get six packs (four of which have been released) of really good tracks with rather different themes from the shiny futuristic stuff in the base game. The most recent pack is all fire and lava and shit. You say you haven't even finished the base tracks though, which I did on the first or second day (lol), so maybe it's not as interesting for you.

Another big reason to get it is if you enjoy playing some user created tracks every now and then. Almost all new tracks are created using items from the DLC packs, and if you don't have them you can't play those, so the selection becomes really limited if you just have the base game.

50% off!
Yeah, I had more fun with the previous entry on X360 but it might have been because that felt more fresh back then. I really enjoy the gameplay but I'm not that good and if the DLC is harder then I might not even be able to fully appreciate it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
50% off!
Yeah, I had more fun with the previous entry on X360 but it might have been because that felt more fresh back then. I really enjoy the gameplay but I'm not that good and if the DLC is harder then I might not even be able to fully appreciate it.

Wow, that's cheap. Definitely worth it IMO.

Each DLC pack has just one Extreme track, and then the rest are evenly split between Medium and Hard (plus one FMX and one skill game). So I wouldn't say it's harder than the base game (except for the lack of the absolute beginner-level stuff).

Danneee

Wow, that's cheap. Definitely worth it IMO.

Each DLC pack has just one Extreme track, and then the rest are evenly split between Medium and Hard (plus one FMX and one skill game). So I wouldn't say it's harder than the base game (except for the lack of the absolute beginner-level stuff).

Hmm, I'll give the base game another go and see if I want to spend the extra cash on this.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
The rabbit is great for getting up steep things, as it is very light and has ridiculous traction. But yeah, it's too slow and weak for many tracks.

I finally beat the Worm Hole challenge tonight on Riders of the Rustlands DLC. I had went back & forth between the Rabbit and Pit Viper. Finally settled on the Pit Viper and figured out the technique for the consecutive bunny hops on the series of elevated pillars.

Been getting more gold medals on Hard tracks in the meantime. Getting through Way of the Machine is pretty much my next big goal now. I want to get past that hurdle before I invest more time in Inferno IV.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I finally beat the Worm Hole challenge tonight on Riders of the Rustlands DLC. I had went back & forth between the Rabbit and Pit Viper. Finally settled on the Pit Viper and figured out the technique for the consecutive bunny hops on the series of elevated pillars.

Been getting more gold medals on Hard tracks in the meantime. Getting through Way of the Machine is pretty much my next big goal now. I want to get past that hurdle before I invest more time in Inferno IV.

I sort of feel like WotM is more difficult than Inferno. Or maybe it isn't, but I have more faults on it at the moment. WotM has a couple of spots that just wreck me. So does Inferno, but it feels more manageable. Might just be because I've played it more, though. Zero-faulting either of them is a distant dream right more, but I'd like to get them down to around 10 faults or so. They are the only tracks that are still at 10+ for me.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I sort of feel like WotM is more difficult than Inferno. Or maybe it isn't, but I have more faults on it at the moment. WotM has a couple of spots that just wreck me. So does Inferno, but it feels more manageable. Might just be because I've played it more, though. Zero-faulting either of them is a distant dream right more, but I'd like to get them down to around 10 faults or so. They are the only tracks that are still at 10+ for me.

My thing is with Inferno, I have such a bastard of a time getting past the first obstacle. On WotM, I can at least advance to a certain point. My technique is getting better, but I'm still miles away from where I want to be.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My thing is with Inferno, I have such a bastard of a time getting past the first obstacle. On WotM, I can at least advance to a certain point. My technique is getting better, but I'm still miles away from where I want to be.

Yeah, Inferno does start out more difficult. The good thing about that is that you don't have to waste any faults or time on that obstacle! The key is landing at just the right angle so you can hop on your back wheel right as you land and get enough forward and up momentum to get up on the next level of the thing. Your front wheel shouldn't touch down until you're up there. But yeah, always takes me a few tries too.

WotM starts out easier, but has one or two spots later in the track that I think might be more difficult than anything Inferno has to offer. It's close to Ninja stuff.

atomsk

Party Pooper
A bit old, but oooooh yes!

https://twitter.com/TrialsGames/status/562590837432152065

Awesome. Supercross can be cool for a few races every now and then, but it gets old really fast for me. Competing on proper trials tracks, where technical skills matter more than just sheer speed, will be sweet.

If they can get that out by April, then the game will have only taken a year to be "complete"

Going to assume that this is a small part of RedLynx still working on this game and the majority are working on whatever is next. Because if not, maaaaaaan did they botch this game.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Yeah, Inferno does start out more difficult. The good thing about that is that you don't have to waste any faults or time on that obstacle! The key is landing at just the right angle so you can hop on your back wheel right as you land and get enough forward and up momentum to get up on the next level of the thing. Your front wheel shouldn't touch down until you're up there. But yeah, always takes me a few tries too.

WotM starts out easier, but has one or two spots later in the track that I think might be more difficult than anything Inferno has to offer. It's close to Ninja stuff.

Tried Inferno IV again tonight, finally got past the first obstacle with the Pit Viper for the first time ever. I think I'm finally getting that part. Advanced to the jump where you have to clear the upward slope of barrels, got stuck there. I came close to getting over it a few times, not quite there yet.

But, progress is encouraging!

japtor

The biggest thing about WotM I think is just the sheer length, it just keeps going and keeps throwing obstacles at you. It's like Way of the Ninja in Trials Evolution but with ramped up obstacle difficulty. Very few of WotN's are that difficult for me individually, whereas there are a few on WotM that just hit the sweet spot of where I suck (particularly those two steep incline jumps, and last jump where I just don't have the right touch with the throttle or something).

Now if you want even more of a challenge, try the Roach challenge. A few times I've gotten stuck and timed out on the incline jumps, and a few on the last jump. It's a massive pain. There's also a Ninja version (along with all the other extreme tracks iirc) but no way in hell I'm good enough to get to it.
Tried Inferno IV again tonight, finally got past the first obstacle with the Pit Viper for the first time ever. I think I'm finally getting that part. Advanced to the jump where you have to clear the upward slope of barrels, got stuck there. I came close to getting over it a few times, not quite there yet.

That one is pretty brutal. Not that the rest of the track is necessarily easy or anything, but I feel that's the hardest to get consistently. What helps on a few of the others is that they're recoverable, while that one is more or less an automatic fault if you get it wrong.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If they can get that out by April, then the game will have only taken a year to be "complete"

Going to assume that this is a small part of RedLynx still working on this game and the majority are working on whatever is next. Because if not, maaaaaaan did they botch this game.

Yeah, it's a shame that it has taken so long to get this game to the same feature-completeness as Evolution (developing for four platforms rather than one might have something to do with it). But at least I've had a lot of fun with it in the meantime.

Sweet! Yeah, feels great when you finally "get" something that felt impossible up to that point. Now just keep going!

The biggest thing about WotM I think is just the sheer length, it just keeps going and keeps throwing obstacles at you. It's like Way of the Ninja in Trials Evolution but with ramped up obstacle difficulty. Very few of WotN's are that difficult for me individually, whereas there are a few on WotM that just hit the sweet spot of where I suck (particularly those two steep incline jumps, and last jump where I just don't have the right touch with the throttle or something).

Yeah, I remember when WotN felt impossible, and now there's really nothing on that track that gives me too much trouble. Feels like a track I could zero-fault if I really, really tried. Maybe.

And yeah, my biggest nemesis on WotM is that steep slope with a small level difference in the middle. You need momentum, grip, precision throttling and leaning, all at once.

That one is pretty brutal. Not that the rest of the track is necessarily easy or anything, but I feel that's the hardest to get consistently. What helps on a few of the others is that they're recoverable, while that one is more or less an automatic fault if you get it wrong.

That obstacle is quite difficult, but my biggest trouble still TEH PILE OF BARRELS. I can get to them and stay there just fine, but then getting over them and to the next platform? No consistency whatsoever.

japtor

Yeah, I remember when WotN felt impossible, and now there's really nothing on that track that gives me too much trouble. Feels like a track I could zero-fault if I really, really tried. Maybe.

And yeah, my biggest nemesis on WotM is that steep slope with a small level difference in the middle. You need momentum, grip, precision throttling and leaning, all at once.
It's especially a pain when you don't use the triggers, but doable. There's only a few things I really have to use the triggers, and even then I'm pretty sure they're possible without them. Except the hill climb game, I haven't gotten far enough myself to test but in videos I've seen it gets ridiculous towards the end.

I should probably go back to WotN, I forget if I zero faulted that one or not. I remember getting it down to 8 or something way back when Evo (or its DLC packs) was new, then around when Fusion came out I started playing Evo a lot again and got it down to 3. Then 2. Then either 1 or 0.

I can't see myself doing that with WotM (or a few of the other harder extremes) just cause I don't think I can put that kind of time in again. At this point playing semi casually I just try to be able to do the easier extremes under 10 faults on cold runs, still a challenge but not something that I need to stress out about. For the hard ones I'll be happy just getting them under 10 at all...I've had a few sub 10 runs derailed by the last obstacle on both WotM and Inferno IV.
That obstacle is quite difficult, but my biggest trouble still TEH PILE OF BARRELS. I can get to them and stay there just fine, but then getting over them and to the next platform? No consistency whatsoever.
I assumed that's what bronkonagurski was talking about but now I'm not sure :p

I haven't tried it in a while but I think the strategy I settled on was starting out sitting down on the upper left quadrant of the circle, accelerate and hop from the top...then kinda manage to wiggle my back wheel to the top of the barrels and hop off of that and the bar. I know it's possible to rest on the barrels and go from there but I generally do better just gunning it through stuff like that. The Jeremy Clarkson method basically.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's especially a pain when you don't use the triggers, but doable. There's only a few things I really have to use the triggers, and even then I'm pretty sure they're possible without them. Except the hill climb game, I haven't gotten far enough myself to test but in videos I've seen it gets ridiculous towards the end.

I should probably go back to WotN, I forget if I zero faulted that one or not. I remember getting it down to 8 or something way back when Evo (or its DLC packs) was new, then around when Fusion came out I started playing Evo a lot again and got it down to 3. Then 2. Then either 1 or 0.

I can't see myself doing that with WotM (or a few of the other harder extremes) just cause I don't think I can put that kind of time in again. At this point playing semi casually I just try to be able to do the easier extremes under 10 faults on cold runs, still a challenge but not something that I need to stress out about. For the hard ones I'll be happy just getting them under 10 at all...I've had a few sub 10 runs derailed by the last obstacle on both WotM and Inferno IV.

I assumed that's what bronkonagurski was talking about but now I'm not sure :p

I haven't tried it in a while but I think the strategy I settled on was starting out sitting down on the upper left quadrant of the circle, accelerate and hop from the top...then kinda manage to wiggle my back wheel to the top of the barrels and hop off of that and the bar. I know it's possible to rest on the barrels and go from there but I generally do better just gunning it through stuff like that. The Jeremy Clarkson method basically.

Whaaat, you don't use triggers? That's madness. Couldn't imagine doing some steep slope things without analog throttle control. I did play Trials 2 SE on PC using a keyboard, but yeah, those parts were always a pain. Tap-tap-tap. Couldn't go back to that.

Hmm, no, I believe he's talking about the semi-steep slope with a bunch of barrels halfway up that you have to hop on top of. Clearing both wheels and then regaining your grip is quite hard. It's much like that WotM slope but less steep (and with a taller obstacle instead).

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Hmm, no, I believe he's talking about the semi-steep slope with a bunch of barrels halfway up that you have to hop on top of. Clearing both wheels and then regaining your grip is quite hard. It's much like that WotM slope but less steep (and with a taller obstacle instead).

No, japtor is correct. I probably described it poorly though, given that the next checkpoint is literally a slope with barrels near the top. :p

I advanced another obstacle tonight, to the upward slope you are referencing here.

For the pile of barrels that was frustrating me, I finally settled on what was more consistent for me, which was bunny-hopping onto the bottom barrel, then springing upward with the sole intent of doing an endo on the top barrel, from which I could rock my back wheel into position to hop onto the next narrow ledge and then hit the checkpoint.

By the time I figured that out, I didn't have a ton of time left to try the steep slope with the barrels near the top. I will leave that as my next challenge, for another day. :)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
No, japtor is correct. I probably described it poorly though, given that the next checkpoint is literally a slope with barrels near the top. :p

I advanced another obstacle tonight, to the upward slope you are referencing here.

For the pile of barrels that was frustrating me, I finally settled on what was more consistent for me, which was bunny-hopping onto the bottom barrel, then springing upward with the sole intent of doing an endo on the top barrel, from which I could rock my back wheel into position to hop onto the next narrow ledge and then hit the checkpoint.

By the time I figured that out, I didn't have a ton of time left to try the steep slope with the barrels near the top. I will leave that as my next challenge, for another day. :)

Ah, ok.

That's what's so great about Trials, overcoming these challenges at the edge of your capabilities and seeing the progression. And that's not a stat-based progression or anything like that, it's your actual skills improving. Soon you'll have made it through the whole track. Then it just becomes a matter of doing it consistently. That's what I'm working on now. I can somewhat comfortably beat all the Extreme tracks, but I've only zero-faulted the first few.

japtor

Whaaat, you don't use triggers? That's madness. Couldn't imagine doing some steep slope things without analog throttle control. I did play Trials 2 SE on PC using a keyboard, but yeah, those parts were always a pain. Tap-tap-tap. Couldn't go back to that.
Actually I think I use the brake trigger still, but yeah for the gas it's something I started towards my latter days with Trials HD just cause my hands were getting destroyed. At one point I was basically playing from dinner time to ~3 AM for a while (hey it got me to 5th on Inferno II at the time!)...those little "how bout you take take a break?" messages in some Nintendo games these days might've been useful.

After my hands stopped being dead I went back and played either with face buttons only or an arcade stick (mostly for novelty cause I got it recently). Since I was holding gas full on most of the time anyway it wasn't a big adjustment, just leaving feathering the gas to particular obstacles here and there. Even for those I've still done them on an arcade stick so they're generally possible either way. (And neat observation if you haven't noticed, iirc the stick/rider movement isn't analog, just like the old days)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Actually I think I use the brake trigger still, but yeah for the gas it's something I started towards my latter days with Trials HD just cause my hands were getting destroyed. At one point I was basically playing from dinner time to ~3 AM for a while (hey it got me to 5th on Inferno II at the time!)...those little "how bout you take take a break?" messages in some Nintendo games these days might've been useful.

After my hands stopped being dead I went back and played either with face buttons only or an arcade stick (mostly for novelty cause I got it recently). Since I was holding gas full on most of the time anyway it wasn't a big adjustment, just leaving feathering the gas to particular obstacles here and there. Even for those I've still done them on an arcade stick so they're generally possible either way. (And neat observation if you haven't noticed, iirc the stick/rider movement isn't analog, just like the old days)

Wow, that's some serious Trials playing!

The only time I use a face button is when I do the hold-gas-and-rapidly-tap-brake trick to get my ass up on some tall obstacle. The trigger is too slow for efficient brake-tapping, so for that I use Square. But other than that I'm all about the triggers.

Brakara

The Deluxe edition is 50% off on Xbox One this week (60% off for Gold members), so I actually decided to double dip even though I've been kinda hard on the game. But I'm glad I did, since it just feels better to play it on the couch (probably because that's how I played HD and Evolution). It also helps that it resembles more like a complete Trials game now, instead of the bare bones version they released last year.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Ah, ok.

That's what's so great about Trials, overcoming these challenges at the edge of your capabilities and seeing the progression. And that's not a stat-based progression or anything like that, it's your actual skills improving. Soon you'll have made it through the whole track. Then it just becomes a matter of doing it consistently. That's what I'm working on now. I can somewhat comfortably beat all the Extreme tracks, but I've only zero-faulted the first few.

Agreed 100%.

I'm now able to get to the final checkpoint on Inferno IV. Still working out my technique on the last obstacle. I came pretty close to finishing the track earlier tonight. I've been able to get to the last checkpoint with some time/faults to spare so it is just a matter of time.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I finally beat Inferno IV! 309 faults, 22:04! I was so happy my eyes teared up a bit! lol

The highlight of the attempt was how I got across the annoying pile of barrels. I accidentally ninja'd my way through it with a fender grab. :)

Just picked this up in the XBL sale. Is there an active neogaf team? The team "Neogaf" seems to be related to gaf, but there is only one member.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
New tracks so soon, nice! I noticed that there was an update for the game yesterday, but didn't have time to check it out. I'm pretty much done with the last pack (which for me means zero-faulting/platting every track except the Extreme, on which I at least try to get the gold), so I'm ready for some new stuff.

EDIT: Really cool pack! That retro arcade level, lol.

Skyzard

Banned
^ Yeah, the retro arcade was a really nice surprise.

Glad to see more medium difficulty tracks too :)

Great game really, happy I picked up the season pass for it.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Yep, I thoroughly enjoyed the new DLC pack. Beat the new Extreme track tonight, then went back and finally beat Way of the Machine. I've now finished all of the Extreme tracks. Ahhhh, feels good! :)

The_Dude

I have at least gold on everything but I can't even finish Way of the Machine. The part where there you go up the ramp and have to bunny-hop to the next ramp near the end is basically impossible for me. I can get there with less than 10 faults consistently, but then I'm done. Incredibly frustrating.

Edit: Holy crap, I just watched a replay and that obstacle is nowhere near the end. Think I'll give up on getting gold on this unless it's like 100 faults for gold!

Edit 2: 16 minutes and 188 faults later, I did it. Would have had silver but I badly screwed up the last obstacle.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I have at least gold on everything but I can't even finish Way of the Machine. The part where there you go up the ramp and have to bunny-hop to the next ramp near the end is basically impossible for me. I can get there with less than 10 faults consistently, but then I'm done. Incredibly frustrating.

Edit: Holy crap, I just watched a replay and that obstacle is nowhere near the end. Think I'll give up on getting gold on this unless it's like 100 faults for gold!

Edit 2: 16 minutes and 188 faults later, I did it. Would have had silver but I badly screwed up the last obstacle.

Nice! I think you were probably stuck on the same obstacle that was hindering me from advancing. Then I got stuck on the obstacle after that one, with the really steep slope. Once I was able to get past those two obstacles with some consistency, I was able to finish the track.

I think I passed that track with well over 200 faults. But I was just happy to be done with it. I only have one silver on an Extreme track so far. I'm just at the point of being jubilant to pass them all, lol.

I think I completed all of the achievements for the new DLC pack last night, including the one for passing each track with the Rabbit. Quite a healthy chunk of XP for that one, ranked up from level 107 to 109 from getting that done.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Heh, yep, that obstacle gave me quite a bit of trouble, and was probably responsible for more than half my faults on my early runs. It still murders me a bit every time, but at least now I can usually get it in less than 10 tries. I think my faults for the track are down to 30-ish now. Still the highest of any track in the game for me, but better than the 100+ I had before.

But yeah, that feeling of getting through something that felt impossible, and then getting more and more consistent at it, is so great. I recently finished Inferno IV with like 12 faults, down from over 30. Mainly because I, to my own surprise, actually nailed the barrels on the first try. Suddenly zero-faulting that track doesn't seem completely beyond the realm of possibility.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I completed all 3 challenges for Robot Wasteland. The Demon Throttle one sure is a doozy! I was 498 faults when I go it. I think 300 or so of those faults came from the jump near the of the track where you transition from a small black platform to a higher ledge. That jump kills me under normal circumstances, let alone with a stuck throttle and no brakes!

The_Dude

Nice! I think you were probably stuck on the same obstacle that was hindering me from advancing. Then I got stuck on the obstacle after that one, with the really steep slope. Once I was able to get past those two obstacles with some consistency, I was able to finish the track.

I think I passed that track with well over 200 faults. But I was just happy to be done with it. I only have one silver on an Extreme track so far. I'm just at the point of being jubilant to pass them all, lol.

I think I completed all of the achievements for the new DLC pack last night, including the one for passing each track with the Rabbit. Quite a healthy chunk of XP for that one, ranked up from level 107 to 109 from getting that done.
Thanks! It was especially frustrating watching replays of people doing what seemed to be the same thing I was doing and just sailing along with no problems. Getting even silvers on Extreme is something to be proud of! Some people seem to just give up, but I can honestly say my golds were more due to persistence than skill. I was certain gold would be impossible for me on some of the Extreme tracks, but I did it! Congrats on getting all the DLC achievements, too. :)

Heh, yep, that obstacle gave me quite a bit of trouble, and was probably responsible for more than half my faults on my early runs. It still murders me a bit every time, but at least now I can usually get it in less than 10 tries. I think my faults for the track are down to 30-ish now. Still the highest of any track in the game for me, but better than the 100+ I had before.

But yeah, that feeling of getting through something that felt impossible, and then getting more and more consistent at it, is so great. I recently finished Inferno IV with like 12 faults, down from over 30. Mainly because I, to my own surprise, actually nailed the barrels on the first try. Suddenly zero-faulting that track doesn't seem completely beyond the realm of possibility.
I dream of getting 30 faults on that track! Just have to keep plugging away. Good job in getting Inferno IV down to 12 faults. My best is 44. I think my biggest problem is consistency - I can get past each checkpoint without faulting, just not in one run!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Thanks! It was especially frustrating watching replays of people doing what seemed to be the same thing I was doing and just sailing along with no problems. Getting even silvers on Extreme is something to be proud of! Some people seem to just give up, but I can honestly say my golds were more due to persistence than skill. I was certain gold would be impossible for me on some of the Extreme tracks, but I did it! Congrats on getting all the DLC achievements, too. :)

I dream of getting 30 faults on that track! Just have to keep plugging away. Good job in getting Inferno IV down to 12 faults. My best is 44. I think my biggest problem is consistency - I can get past each checkpoint without faulting, just not in one run!

Yeah, consistency is always the issue. I still have only zero-faulted two Extreme tracks in the game (Eye of the Storm and Rock of Rages). I have most others down to just a few faults, but that last bit of consistency just isn't there yet.

The_Dude

Yeah, consistency is always the issue. I still have only zero-faulted two Extreme tracks in the game (Eye of the Storm and Rock of Rages). I have most others down to just a few faults, but that last bit of consistency just isn't there yet.
Eye of the Storm is my best Extreme, with 7 faults. It's the only one I could really see myself no-faulting. Damn, no fault on Rock of Rages?! That's some nice work. The box you have to go up near the end was the hardest obstacle out of the original Fusion tracks and I still have trouble with it. I feel your pain on the consistency thing. It's crazy watching some people streaming and getting platinums on their first attempt at the track. I'm happy with golds, though!

japtor

Yeah that box was brutal for me too when I was going for a 0 fault on that one. Tried it out recently and got pretty easily though. Kinda cool that I've been playing the series for years and despite that there's still new things that can trip me up, and I'm still seeing continual progress in my own play.

And speaking of new things and progress, seems like I got this done pretty quick (seems like my other 0 fault runs took a lot more time to get).

http://youtu.be/gpWPZvawSsg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Eye of the Storm is my best Extreme, with 7 faults. It's the only one I could really see myself no-faulting. Damn, no fault on Rock of Rages?! That's some nice work. The box you have to go up near the end was the hardest obstacle out of the original Fusion tracks and I still have trouble with it. I feel your pain on the consistency thing. It's crazy watching some people streaming and getting platinums on their first attempt at the track. I'm happy with golds, though!

Hah, yep, that box caused quite a few rage-filled moments for me. So many perfect runs right up to that point, and then YOU SHALL NOT PASS. But I finally did it, just barely. Was like an inch from not making it up on the box, but managed to stay on. Then I took it REAL easy the rest of the track. And that's still the only time I have beaten it without any faults (haven't really tried very hard since then though).

Here is the run:

http://youtu.be/lAlqugaZ8A8

The_Dude

Yeah that box was brutal for me too when I was going for a 0 fault on that one. Tried it out recently and got pretty easily though. Kinda cool that I've been playing the series for years and despite that there's still new things that can trip me up, and I'm still seeing continual progress in my own play.

And speaking of new things and progress, seems like I got this done pretty quick (seems like my other 0 fault runs took a lot more time to get).

http://youtu.be/gpWPZvawSsg
Yep, I thought I had the non-ninja obstacles down, but then I met the box! Nice run on Robot Wasteland, you really didn't waste any time getting a zero fault run!

Hah, yep, that box caused quite a few rage-filled moments for me. So many perfect runs right up to that point, and then YOU SHALL NOT PASS. But I finally did it, just barely. Was like an inch from not making it up on the box, but managed to stay on. Then I took it REAL easy the rest of the track. And that's still the only time I have beaten it without any faults (haven't really tried very hard since then though).

Here is the run:

http://youtu.be/lAlqugaZ8A8
I can zero fault up to the box (not consistently, of course!) but I just can't get it in one go. It's like I know how to do it but have trouble putting it in to practice. Great zero fault run, if I didn't know it was a zero fault before watching it, I wouldn't have thought you'd make that long jump around 40 seconds. That tripped me up a bit, too, but doesn't really cause me problems anymore.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I can zero fault up to the box (not consistently, of course!) but I just can't get it in one go. It's like I know how to do it but have trouble putting it in to practice. Great zero fault run, if I didn't know it was a zero fault before watching it, I wouldn't have thought you'd make that long jump around 40 seconds. That tripped me up a bit, too, but doesn't really cause me problems anymore.

Haha, yeah, not a perfect run by any means, but I was comfortable enough with it at that point to be able to recover from minor mistakes.

Prodigal

Banned
If I bought a key for the season pass (Uplay version), would it work with my Steam base game since it launches through Uplay anyway?

The_Dude

Haha, yeah, not a perfect run by any means, but I was comfortable enough with it at that point to be able to recover from minor mistakes.
Ah, I wasn't criticizing! Just that I can sometimes still have a problem with that long jump when I slow down a bit as you did in the video. Trust me, I couldn't hope to no fault Rock of Rages so you've done much better than I ever will!

Top Bottom