• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Overdoziz

Banned
It's up for PC in Europe. Don't know about any other platforms. Apparently there are some issues with season pass holders on 360 and XBO, though.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I'm not even going to think about it till tomorrow. After the clusterfuck of trying to get it to work on PS4 last time, it's not worth the hassle dealing with today.

japtor

New DLC is out. The extreme track is a lot more challenging this time around.
Dare I say more difficult than Inferno IV?
Just tried it...yeah definitely. I saw a good description of it in another forum, it's like a King of the Hill successor. Whereas that one was hard cause the sheer length while the individual elements weren't too bad for the most part, the obstacles in this one are all up to the usual extreme difficulty.

New DLC is out. The extreme track is a lot more challenging this time around.
Dare I say more difficult than Inferno IV?

You weren't kidding. 254 faults later it's done. Some of those obstacles were brutal. I've given Inferno IV a few completion runs and I'm at 23 faults on my best run, but I don't believe a topped 60 or so on my first completion. Not real sure how I feel about all the explosive barrels in inopportune spots. I've always thought using the explosives to make a course hard was a bit cheap.

Edit: Holy shit, just watched the 1st place replay. Time to quit trials. That's just not proper.

japtor

Heh my first run was about 250 in 18 minutes or so. Tried it again a bit later and got it down to something like 60 under 8 minutes...which I thought was gold but apparently it's 50 for that. So gold seems doable at least, but hell if I know how many I'll be able to get it down to beyond that. I can do a lot of the stuff without too much trouble, like a few faults at most, but there's a few others that just can just rack up the faults like crazy.

Natels

The new add-on is $4.99. The first one was $3.99.

I bought the first one (to see if it was worth it) thinking they would be all the same price and if I bought individualy the diference to the season pass wouldn't be that much.

Well, shit. Ridiculous price for 6 new tracks when the game costs $19.99 and has 60. The problem is that I won't be able to play on some of the user created tracks because I don't have the new items.

The new add-on is $4.99. The first one was $3.99.

I bought the first one (to see if it was worth it) thinking they would be all the same price and if I bought individualy the diference to the season pass wouldn't be that much.

Well, shit. Ridiculous price for 6 new tracks when the game costs $19.99 and has 60. The problem is that I won't be able to play on some of the user created tracks because I don't have the new items.

If you're really into this game, and want more, it only makes sense to buy the season pass.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Picked this (retail) the other day in anticipation of my PS4 arriving. Managed to give it a bit of a go last night and I gotta say, as someone who loved the first two on 360, I'm a little disappointed. Feels like a case of too many cooks spoil the broth as the tracks come across as way too busy/over produced. I am not saying they are bad tracks, it just would've been nice it they had similar visual representation in the early levels as the previous games, maybe have left some of these introduction level tracks as dlc or something. Having hydraulic arms moving pieces of track into place at the last second making it hard to plan a landing angle is frustrating and shouldn't turn it into a memory challenge of how, where and when the pieces move. The camera also feels a tad off, or maybe my memory is a bit hazy about the other games.

I'll give it a decent go tonite and over the weekend.

Picked this (retail) the other day in anticipation of my PS4 arriving. Managed to give it a bit of a go last night and I gotta say, as someone who loved the first two on 360, I'm a little disappointed. Feels like a case of too many cooks spoil the broth as the tracks come across as way too busy/over produced. I am not saying they are bad tracks, it just would've been nice it they had similar visual representation in the early levels as the previous games, maybe have left some of these introduction level tracks as dlc or something. Having hydraulic arms moving pieces of track into place at the last second making it hard to plan a landing angle is frustrating and shouldn't turn it into a memory challenge of how, where and when the pieces move. The camera also feels a tad off, or maybe my memory is a bit hazy about the other games.

I'll give it a decent go tonite and over the weekend.

I gotta say, my initial reaction to the game was similar, but once I got over the style change, it's really grown on me. The DLC tracks are also very good.

Gen X

I am hoping that's the case for me too BB. Did it take you long to come to grips with the flipping? I am sure the previous Trials were nothing like that.

I am hoping that's the case for me too BB. Did it take you long to come to grips with the flipping? I am sure the previous Trials were nothing like that.

Flipping? I almost never flip.

or are you talking about the trick events? It takes a little getting used to, but I have golds on all those events, without too much effort.

Overdoziz

Banned
I've never been a fan of tracks with moving parts, physics based obstacles and water jets. The first one just messes with your expectations and the last two just make runs inconsistent.

Overdoziz

Banned
Slowly getting closer to a platinum medal on the new extreme track. Currently at 4 faults and slightly above the time limit. Also still need to get platinum on two of the other tracks, but the framerate drops into the 10s regularly on them. :/

Just ordered the season pass as I am a big Trials fan and enjoyed them all.

I think this game is just an example of bigger isn't necessarily better. But its not worse either.

Some lovely environments and if you're good enough (I'm not) the challenges add a nice little element to each track.

I had fun doing the squirrels but that's as hard as I want to get! Extreme tracks are too difficult for me.

Furyous

I'm struggling to earn the medals required to unlock the rabbit. It's those final 10 medals that are messing with me. This game is frustrating.

Gen X

Flipping? I almost never flip.

or are you talking about the trick events? It takes a little getting used to, but I have golds on all those events, without too much effort.

Nah, I meant when you do a back or front flip. I used to enjoy adding one into a jump on the previous games but in this even without the stunt bike once you flip once you can gain a lot of momentum to flip 5-6 times.

Up to Level 4 now and unlocked 5. Just got the FMX & Quad Bike. All Golds so far except the Big/Long Jump skill game, stuck on Bronze lol.

Damn I hate this last jump :sad: (this is not me).

I finally got up the ramp with 1 minute 30 seconds left on the timer, and then kept failing the final hop to the finish line.

nZmZl.gif

I love this game

Gen X

I suppose it counts getting a Gold as three medals, one for Bronze, one for Silver and one for Gold. I only started playing Trials on Thursday and Sat night I unlocked the Rabbit, much to my surprise. Don't think I'm going to bother with the last bunch of tracks, don't have the patience for Extreme. Will tinker around a bit more with it, maybe try a few of the missions (nearly 100% the 1st tier) and look for some squirrels but aside from that I am pretty much done with it till I decide to get the update and can look at user made tracks (plus check out this 'Into the Light').

Skyzard

Banned
Hi guys, I have the season pass but I haven't finished the second to last campaign yet. On about 96 medals.

Can I still play the 2 dlc that are out? It says out now but when I go to buy it it says buy now instead of letting me play...

Do I need to complete the campaign first?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I suppose it counts getting a Gold as three medals, one for Bronze, one for Silver and one for Gold. I only started playing Trials on Thursday and Sat night I unlocked the Rabbit, much to my surprise. Don't think I'm going to bother with the last bunch of tracks, don't have the patience for Extreme. Will tinker around a bit more with it, maybe try a few of the missions (nearly 100% the 1st tier) and look for some squirrels but aside from that I am pretty much done with it till I decide to get the update and can look at user made tracks (plus check out this 'Into the Light').

At least give the first Extreme a try, it's basically a Hard+. The other extremes are significantly more difficult. Although the second one really only has two really difficult sections.

atomsk

Party Pooper
We want players to enjoy the story of Trials Fusion, but we also understand it’s supposed to be something fun on the side, not meant to distract you from the core Trials experience. We don’t want to force it on players and therefore have disabled full voiceover lines from repeating multiple times on one run of a track. If you exit the track and come back you’ll hear them again. Focus on those better times and don’t let SynDI and George bother you too much!

Anyone playing this seriously turned that shit off on day one.

The trophies for the next DLC Welcome to the Abyss are showing on PS4, so that should be out in the next few weeks

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Anyone playing this seriously turned that shit off on day one.

The trophies for the next DLC Welcome to the Abyss are showing on PS4, so that should be out in the next few weeks

Maybe this one will have more than 3 tracks in it

baconcow

Bought the Deluxe on day 1 because it was $6 off, in store. I am very disappointed at the poor DLC that has been included. Pretty much 1/10th of the content of the 360 DLC, for the same price. The main game, also, was very limited. Will not likely buy another Season Pass or Deluxe Edition of a Ubisoft game, at launch, no matter how nice is sounds.

I feel like this is a motorcycle Destiny.

Forsythia

Anyone experiencing issues downloaded the latest DLC on 360 (with season pass)? I cannot download the DLC, never even gets to 1 percent. Other content downloads just fine.

I'm having a problem on Xbox One. I have the season pass, which is recognized in-game, but it keeps sending me to the Xbox Store, which wants me to pay $4.99.

Edit: Ubisoft said on Twitter it has contacted MS to fix the issue.

Edit: And it's fixed. Finally.

The_Dude

I'm having a problem on PC. It finds the patch but says the download has failed. Anyone else having the same issue? It says to check my internet connection and hard drive space which are both fine, so I assume it's on Uplay's end.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm really liking the levels tbh. Really cool designs.

Hard is so damn hard though. Medium is such a joy compared to the hard tracks which are way too frustrating for me. I wish there was more of an inbetween.

What's the secret? Brutal precision?

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Hard is so damn hard though. Medium is such a joy compared to the hard tracks which are way too frustrating for me. I wish there was more of an inbetween.

Practice. Then practice some more. Then keep practicing. Trials is a game about actual skill, which you have to obtain by playing a lot and learning how to accurately control the bike in different situations to overcome different obstacles. You can't be good at the Hard and Extreme tracks right away. But keep playing, and you'll soon find that Hard tracks are very doable, and Medium will start feeling really easy. Too easy, even. I was once where you are. These days Medium doesn't really challenge me at all, and Hard just barely does it. Extreme is where I find real challenge in Trials now, and where I still have a lot to learn. Some Extremes I can beat with no faults, others take me tens or hundreds, and yet others (Ninja stuff) I just cannot do at all. You think Hard is really difficult now, but if you keep at it you'll one day breeze through those tracks.

japtor

Nah, while there's definitely some stuff that requires precision at that level, I'd say it's more about having a good feel and knowledge of how the bike moves and what you can do with it. I just got it through playing the games a lot over the years, nowadays I guess you can watch FatShady/University of Trials on YouTube for tutorials to accelerate your understanding of stuff too.

Are you getting platinums on the medium tracks, or even the easy stuff? Just going through those helps a lot if you haven't already, it gives more practice with understanding the bike itself since you don't necessarily have to worry about the levels themselves as much. Note that the Pit Viper has a lower top speed so on the long fast tracks the Roach is a better choice for those, but I'd suggest still trying with the Pit Viper just to get used to it since it makes things worlds easier once you have a good handle on it.

Just got it from the EU PSN sale for 24 and something euro with the season pass, I thought of getting the disc version but this is one of those you'd rather have digital. Ready to break my controller lol. :)

Skyzard

Banned
Enjoy Canis lupus :)

Thanks for the tips guys, I was wondering if I was choosing the right bike but I guess I need a lot, lot, more practice - finding it quite hard to judge the bike well. Think I may check those youtube videos, cheers!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Enjoy Canis lupus :)

Thanks for the tips guys, I was wondering if I was choosing the right bike but I guess I need a lot, lot, more practice - finding it quite hard to judge the bike well. Think I may check those youtube videos, cheers!

In general you want to use the Roach (highest top speed, rather heavy, easy to handle) for everything up to Medium, and the Pit Viper (best acceleration, lighter, more maneuverable but a bit more difficult to handle) for Hard and Extreme. There are exceptions to this being optimal, but it will always work as a general rule.

pacman85

I got this game on XBox One the day it came out but am just now waiting for the season pass to go on sale. I am in no rush to get back and play this game but wouldn't mind some additional tracks to race on so I will bite when the season pass is $10 or so. I'm glad to hear these new DLC tracks are good.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I got this game on XBox One the day it came out but am just now waiting for the season pass to go on sale. I am in no rush to get back and play this game but wouldn't mind some additional tracks to race on so I will bite when the season pass is $10 or so. I'm glad to hear these new DLC tracks are good.

Same here, but on PS4. The game itself and the Deluxe edition have gone on sale a few times (at least twice, I'm pretty sure?), but never the season pass, sigh.

Same here, but on PS4. The game itself and the Deluxe edition have gone on sale a few times (at least twice, I'm pretty sure?), but never the season pass, sigh.

So you don't have the season pass? I would definitely say it's worthwhile. The tracks have all been great so far.

I played the new ones last night and had a great time. Some fantastic designs and new environments.

Top Bottom