• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tribes: Ascend will officially launch on April 12

The beta is ending soon and the game will be officially launched on April 12, according to Hi-Rez Studios:

Hi-Rez Studios announces an April 12th release date for Tribes: Ascend, their upcoming multiplayer first-person shooter remake they are describing as the "world’s fastest shooter. They celebrate the news with a new Llama Island parody trailer: "Tribes is all about speed and movement," explains Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer. "In fact the community uses the term llama to refer to a player moving too slowly, like a plodding llama. So this video demonstrates the perils of trying to capture a flag while going too slow. The outcome is predictable but no less tragic."

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=130643

TGMIII

I really hope this takes off in a big way, Hi-Rez have been doing amazing work with the game so far and the level of interaction they have with the community is great. So much fun to play.

DaBuddaDa

I really hope this takes off in a big way, Hi-Rez have been doing amazing work with the game so far and the level of interaction they have with the community is great. So much fun to play.

They've had over 300,000 keys registered during the beta. The free to play model is really great at keeping an online-only game alive for a long time instead of fizzling out into nothing after a month.

ultron87

V -> G -> W

I hope it does well. It is quite enjoyable even if it isn't exactly the Tribes game I want. I want vehicles all the time, damnit.

Top Bottom