• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - McConaughey/Harrelson crime series - S2 starts June 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkuMifune

Banned
ZYzZquT.jpg

If you circle all of the spirals it forms the image of the yellow king.

Moff

I guess the yellow king is/are the tuttle cousins, they are the high priests of the cult
the killer is lawnmover man

would be pretty predictable though, its actually what I thought when I saw tuttle for the very first time, big christian guy? needs to be the villain

why?

what seems crazy that a kid from THAT school maintains a secret sex dungeon at the abandoned school?

There's nothing wrong with him being the killer, in and of itself.

My problem would be that it's way too obvious, too obvious even for the "detective's curse". I mean, people have been calling this:

Ee1Ea43.jpg

Since the episode aired. If messiah detective Rust Cohle can't look into that or piece it together, it's goes beyond suspension of disbelief for me. Not to mention he should have been close enough to notice any scarring on his face.

Plus, I really want the tall man to be Nyarlathotep.

Well, I'd say that the lawnmower is the prime suspect, and I think many would agree.

I'd think so too, at least as somebody involved considering he shares some resemblance to the 'spaghetti man' (in his overall outline only, particularly with the suggested earmuffs), has a facial scar, seems relatively large, is situated in the small community, and appears to be present in the top right of the year book photograph. The Tuttles also has an extremely large possibility of involvement.

One thing I'm curious about, did we ever learn of Marie Fontenot's biological parents (more specifically, her father Len Stroges)? I'm also wondering about Lucy Grayhart, does she have any obvious connection to the case yet (she did go missing/was killed in 1987 I believe but I don't know if she was specifically mentioned)?

EDIT: But either way, it seems rather futile (to me) to guess as to what will occur, partly because I don't think there will necessarily be any major effort to 'shock' the viewer. It's certainly one aspect of the story to consider, but I think viewing it solely (not that anybody here necessarily is) as a mystery under emphasizes the layered drama which is very much a crucial part of the story.

I kinda wonder if what's obvious for us was meant to be overlooked by the general audience, those who haven't grown up looking for foreshadowing details in every episode.

I'm sure they are people out there that have long forgotten about the lawnmower guy.

Grimsen

At the end of that one take shot in episode 4, it's not Marty driving the car, it's a stuntman.

Why? Because Marty was too busy in carcossa.

Kadayi

Banned
I can't take this shit anymore

Nick Pizzolatto basically said in the HBO interview room ..oh yeah here's the script and but it absolutely 100% essential that Matthew M is cast in the show, and if we can get Woody as well...all the better :)

Why are people looking for Ledoux in that class picture?
Didn't the girls grandfather state that she ran off with that "older" boy Ledoux?
Wouldn't that imply that they aren't in the same grade, or am I just misremembering what the grandfather said.

Dead Man

Caught this from another forum. Wow this show inserts a lot of fucking detail in the background. It's like Lost if it were subtle.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/506626/true-detective-hbo-tv-series/p9

I don't think 4 are the same girl. The noses are very different.

Here's the version of the class photo that was used in the yearbook.

CcTxpCv.jpg

So why is girl 2 different in that one? The girl to the left of her is a bit different, same girl but different picture I think?

And seriously, if lawnmower guy ends up being some important part of the story I will hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom